What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

OD Aussie Cheese Dog

happyherb

no wuckin furries!
Veteran
Thought it about time to post something in the CGS forum again...got a few CGS strains going so will dip my toe in the water with this one

I planted this female out 8/1/15 at about 1' tall...about 3 months earlier I prepared the area by digging just over a foot deep(too many rocks beneath for my back at the time to go deeper..next season ;) ) by 2'x 3' 'ish hole...emptied 25 liter bags of cow poo,compost and sheep poo into the hole and refilled with some of the previous top soil..noticed around Xmas the ground was infested with earth worms..good sign!

I was going to start this thread over a week ago...with my new(2nd hand) camera...but the brand new sd card has shit itself....so thought some pics from my phone will have to do.

I have tied the top of the plant down...to bush the plant up...and to keep it low....and intend to do the rest of the branches soon..

I'd say it would be at the 3' mark now(if not tied down)....and is enjoying the summer here and is getting pretty chunky

Smells?...cheese?..yes...but theres something else there...a very full smell...pungent(not that its very stinky ATM)...probably the Dog part of things...where I'm a 1st timer....have grown cheese crosses before....and am getting the same cheese as before

I've also added the 2 boys i have....they look like twins really...nice and stocky...can see an excellent bush structure...funny enough the female(in comparison) was a little lankier...would have picked that one for the boy

Will try and show some weekly pictures.HH.=]-~

These pictures don't do her justice
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey happyherb

looking sweet and outdoors to(one day il get to grow outside)
nice looking male also

let us know how you get on with the cheesedog

peace

happyherb

no wuckin furries!
Veteran
Hey OJD...thanks for dropping by...well this is my first real try at outdoors again for?...10 years?...next year I'll do it properly :D (just got in before flowing this time...and soil semi prepared

yup will keep it updated.....new pics next week....have others of yours to show at some point soon...just need another SD card and a bit more practice with the new camera.HH. =]-~

azad

Buzkashi
Veteran
Hi. Lovely looking plants mate. I love the outdoor grows.
Hope you find some special ones in your lot Of cheesedogs.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
sounds good bro
10 years since your last outdoor run, been a while
so yeah next year is going to be the big 1
hit me up for some genetics to throw outside next year for an official connoisseurr genetics outdoor thread

il be watching your show this year and yeah deff get on that other sd card and camera practice so we can see your other connoisseur goodies

peace

happyherb

no wuckin furries!
Veteran
sounds good bro
10 years since your last outdoor run, been a while
so yeah next year is going to be the big 1
hit me up for some genetics to throw outside next year for an official connoisseurr genetics outdoor thread

I'll be watching your show this year and yeah deff get on that other sd card and camera practice so we can see your other connoisseur goodies

peace

yea has been awhile...is a joy to be able to wonder outside and see a plant in the garden

yea I'll go bigger next season (is a new place) will be better prepared from now on(1st ANY plants for 3 years)

yea should have a new SD card within the fortnight...wouldn't mind a tri pod too..

"official connoisseurr genetics outdoor thread" hey thanks for the offer!...sounds like a plan...I already have some CGS going and ATM hoping for some keepers in between now and September(start of the season here) to put some out...but happy for some "breeders advice" of what you'd like to see/would thrive here!!!

Have the diesel dipped cookies,ECSD cookies,triangle cookies,(all seedlings) and strawberry and cream in flower(chemmy jones males)...and have my eye on future releases,restocks(GDP) and whats on the wish list...so time will tell what will go out there

Hey Azad...thanks for dropping by...only the one girl this time...think i have some seeds for another try

has been a week or more of high 30's to low 40 deg C weather here...was hoping on stretching out the watering times to a week or more...but gave her a watering early today for it was over 40 and could see the stress

have put weights(bottles filled with water and a brick) on the ground and tied the branches to it for better yield and to keep the plant lower

Plant has started its flower a few weeks back and 1st signs of flower now
picture.php

A cheese Dog boy
picture.php

and I'll add these 2 chemmy jones boys here..didn't get a girl(more seeds for next time

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
:good: Great work there brother HH :D
Some healthy chunky looking males there too :good:
I wonder how the Chemmy Jones pollen would go on a GG#4 S1 :chin:
:plant grow:

happyherb

no wuckin furries!
Veteran
Great work there brother HH
Some healthy chunky looking males there too :good:
I wonder how the Chemmy Jones pollen would go on a GG#4 S1 :chin:
:plant grow:

Hey Man...thanks for dropping by...I think Chemmy Jones pollen would go well on many things....it's worth a go :yummy: .. one had his first drop of pollen today....was a decent load :D

happyherb

no wuckin furries!
Veteran
And...I'm back again for another weekly update(hope to have new memory card soon for better pics)...

There are some noticeable buds since last week...and have been having temps of high 30's - low forty's still...though today is a high 20's....and I have been watering(a deep soaking with the hose) every 5-7 days....The plant seems to be looking happier everyday

So to some new pics

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
:good: Looking good and healthy there HH mate :good:
Yeah the high temps have had me doing extra watering as well, this week I will be putting my most root-bound plants into the ground this week so they can finish up, I know it's a bit late but I had to wait for my Feb house inspection to be over and wait for my new lease to come in the mail which it did today :woohoo: so it's time for me to break out the shovels and get digging. This wind is giving me the shits too but at least it is keeping the temps down but my 6ft plants are not very happy with it.
Can't wait to see your girls in full flower brother :D

Last edited:

happyherb

no wuckin furries!
Veteran
Hey man ...lol house inspections lol(I always find them a challenge to play "hide the plants" :D )...yea the 1st one I had here...she came earlier than they should have(yes was given appropriate notice)...so this time will be on time....but...she will be here for OD season ...I am going to tap some broom handles or similar(stakes) into the ground and then throw a tarpaulin over the top of the plant...with some bricks on the ground to keep the tarp in place....doubt she'll even ask what it is....if she does I'll reply "Hey(?)...there's some hay(mulch) under it...for the garden"

Last time she came it was warm...and I mentioned 'snakes'...and she stuck to the cement part of the garden lol...(the gardens a bit of a jungle...lots of nooks and cranny's)...Next time she comes I'll mention a 'snake' that I (never) saw ...and see if i can train her to keep back lol

I was offered a small plant(cloned) at the start of the season...was told he had grown the strain before and gets a bush that yields over 10 pounds(so a huge plant)....as nice as that sounds lol...had only just moved in....and finished up some lengthy canna court proceedings(and was lucky to not go back jail)....so not this season(putting something out near the end of season to get a yield sounded like a safe plan)

Bet it feels nice to get them in the ground either way ...to me to have any plant around is pretty cool!!

Yesterday I had a cool moment eating a bowl of cereal on my back step...with a cheese dog male right next to my face...and various other males surrounding me...very cool to look back on the last few years and reflect and to see I have come back full circle...but this time lessons learned and less of that luggage that's been keeping me down.

...and soon will have some buds...haven't had a significant supply since about 2007....I plan to rarely go with out from now on!!!

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
:D Yeah brother I remember your last tarp lean-to off the fence and that worked a treat so sending you good vibes to get through your next one, luckily our next inspection(invasion of privacy, do your real estate take photos of every room as well, mine fucking do) is in June so plenty of time to get most of the girls finished up or very close to finishing :good:
Yep the ol snake/s in the backyard does work a treat and I'll try to remember that one if she gets a lil nosey and extra clicky with her fricking iPad mini :chin:
I have thought about trying a distraction method of putting something like this down the front of my shorts to throw her off her game
picture.php

As you can see my old mate behind me reckons I'm outta my tree
:bigeye:

happyherb

no wuckin furries!
Veteran
The ol' sausage down the pants trick...it may work?...use it wisely :D

yea mine does the... take pics of each room and takes pics outside...and they are the only ones that are sent to the owner(so I'm told)

Ive had some funny(now) times with them on the property and plants hidden all around the place...them walking right near where the plants are..(and have this ready in your mind for such an occasion) say and point with urgency (pick something)..."hey this guttering dont look the best....what do you think?"..."I had a problem with this tap here....but...I fixed it"....and cause thats really all they care about...is the current and ongoing condition of the house....they usually follow your direction...or better yet...steer them back inside the house.."oh yea...I meant to show you this!!!"

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
Yep I agree mate, the misdirection trick does work well :D
The things we have to do to grow the plant we love :)
:smoke out:

happyherb

no wuckin furries!
Veteran
Yep I agree mate, the misdirection trick does work well :D
The things we have to do to grow the plant we love :)
:smoke out:

yes the things....I think of that phrase every time I'm at the grow shop wrapping a bag of perlite (etc) in garbage bags to jump on the bus with it

...one day?

Gardening Angel

Veteran
hey happyherb,

first welcome back to the growing world and second nice looking plants

whats the average crop/harvest time there down under ?

im usually sept for my early ones oct/nov for the longer girls
starting around april/may planted out

thanks
GA

happyherb

no wuckin furries!
Veteran
Hey GA and thanks!

Times?...Ummmm...finish date?...from memory Mid April onwards?...and start date September onwards

So basically the opposite to you ;)