What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

electricity costs

al70

Veteran
.I find it difficult to keep the temps down in Summer,so i take a break.I did try vert,which works,but i werent getting the same yields as horizontal.
My Lecky bills are about €35 a month more than normal.but thats only using 1x600w.
Remember youve also got at least 2 fans and a ballast,at most basic setup.

If I didn't have the chimney to vent into I'd be f@&%=d for summer too, there's a Dyson brand stand alone that blows out ice cold air, you could vent through it to get rid of the heat, I'll try n get a pic for ye, Argos sells em,, goodluck swamped.

al70

Veteran
I've got two vented hoods, I'm gonna run em for a couple o weeks to get everything perfect before I put the lassies in, when I get a bit of experience behind me I'm gonna run with bare bulbs but I imagine the exhaust is gonna be a bit louder without the hoods, we'll see how it go's

GreeeeN GRassss

duppy conqueror
Veteran
do you run ducting or leave one side of the fan with no ducting?

loud as fuck when theres no ducting on both sides of the fan.

sorry if that makes no sense but i dont know if you pull or push the air

al70

Veteran
I'm pulling through a filter, all 6in, ducting goes up the chimney, it's quiet enough, but I believe yield could be improved with bare bulbs but I think the fan is going to have to be turned up a little to cool the tent

Swan Lee

Yes,i suffered the pre-grow paranoia,so decided to switch lecky suppliers before starting {in case they notice the surge),so went to http://www.uswitch.ie/gas-electricity/ and found that Bord gas were cheaper than mine anyway...:biggrin:
But as GG says,one of those big ass electric radiators woould burn twicew as much as your bulbs per hour.
Still wondering why you're doing Autos tho,.

al70

Veteran
Yes,i suffered the pre-grow paranoia,so decided to switch lecky suppliers before starting {in case they notice the surge),so went to http://www.uswitch.ie/gas-electricity/ and found that Bord gas were cheaper than mine anyway...:biggrin:
But as GG says,one of those big ass electric radiators woould burn twicew as much as your bulbs per hour.
Still wondering why you're doing Autos tho,.

Not doin autos swan, gonna run fem. seeds, build a cabinet full of CFL,s and try my hand at cloning,

al70

Veteran
You can get magnets to help slow the leccy down instead of hardwiring to outside

Be careful, the meter in my new house has an anti magnetic switch, when I attached the magnet the power cut out, had to contact the company, they gave me a warning, ok on old meters, goodluck

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
Yeah the magnet thing is getting old now, they're installing new meters everywher. The new meters have a relay switch inside them that is tripped by the magnet. I know a few people that have got caught recently. I think you can press 0 on the keypad if you trip the relay but you only get one chance, if it trips again you're fucked

VonBudí

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ
Veteran
Yeah the magnet thing is getting old now, they're installing new meters everywher. The new meters have a relay switch inside them that is tripped by the magnet.

wait, are these new updated spinning disk meters? or magnets being used on the new digital (non smart meters) ones?

Jhhnn

Veteran
Dunno about other parts of the world, but in the US the power company acts as a buffer between growers & LEO. They don't much care how much power one uses so long as the bill gets paid on time & the immediate part of the grid isn't over taxed.

Stealing power changes the whole dynamic. The power company cares a whole lot about that & will gleefully set LEO on a mission to ream out your nether orifice should they detect it.

Don't do that. It's a fool's move that increases liability & risk.

snake11

Dunno about other parts of the world, but in the US the power company acts as a buffer between growers & LEO. They don't much care how much power one uses so long as the bill gets paid on time & the immediate part of the grid isn't over taxed.

Stealing power changes the whole dynamic. The power company cares a whole lot about that & will gleefully set LEO on a mission to ream out your nether orifice should they detect it.

Don't do that. It's a fool's move that increases liability & risk.

I agree 100%. It still amazes me how many busts I hear of where they were stealing power.

Latest posts

Latest posts