What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

3 Strain Led run

Hey finally a grow log from that dave guy, currently running two girls from DNA genetics, (Tora Bora and Kandy Kush) aswell as a unknown bag seed strain hunted in Fiji we will call jj's gift.

All are being run in a dwc set up and running cyco nutrients complete line up minus the pbr shit. Only additives are "420 organic innoculant" and "calimag" as for flowering does anyone have any suggestions on some tried and tested additives they could recommend?

Tora bora and jj's gift are currently in week 3 from seed and are recovering from a lil nute burn early on and a lack of aeration. All sorted now and are kicking back currently at 650ppm

Kandy Kush is is currently in week 4 from seed and is kicking goals every day, this plant is extremely vigorous and responds really well to all kinds of training Currently at 1000ppm.

I am currently running a hydrogrow 336-Pro 500w led, I am to say the least i am happy with this lights performance during veg. First time running led and the internode distance and the amount of growth on the kush is impressive to say the least. The heat reduction from hps is massive and has reduced the load on the air conditioning, tent temperature lights on/off is 19-26c so am looking forward to some deep colours out of the tora bora and kush

Reservoirs are changed once a week and topped up daily, nutrient solution is kept from pH 5.5-6, currently using tap water that has been aerated for 12 hrs. Also spraying with weak Neem oil solution twice daily up until flowering.

God damn this is a rewarding hobby i will keep everyone updated on changes and techniques all the way through to cure.

Attachments

• image(3).jpg
    image(3).jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 15
  • image(4).jpg
    image(4).jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 14
  • image(2).jpg
    image(2).jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 14
  • image(1).jpg
    image(1).jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 13
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
looking good
does the led light allow you to change colour in flower ?

Goldust the light spectrum cannot be changed but it does have a intensity dial on the back 40% 60% 100% which is meant to be seedling-veg-flower but its really just adjusting power consumption. Check out the hydro grow led website they have some good info on how light spectrum/ intensity varies from hps-led.

Will have an update tomorrow with some high def pics this time around hopefully.

H

hard rain

Good on you for trying LED. I just googled your light and it looks like a great unit. Not cheap though. I will eventually try LED but researching these lights nearly drove me mad. There is so much conflicting info.

How far above the canopy do you have the light?

Also, how loud are the fans?

Hard rain, atm i am running it say 40cm off canopy because i would currently prefer the coverage over intensity, i will be moving it closer as flowering progresses.

Say during week 1-2 i ran the light 20cm off the tops and had no issues with burns and i was running very low humidity 0-20%.

Fan has variable speed so sound can be reduced but i have been running it flat out to get the best circulation possible and sound isnt an issue for me, you can hear it loud and clear with your ears to the plasterboard wall but it really just sounds like a ceiling fan from the hallway.

I done alot of research myself and got a decent price on the hydro grow, the fact each round unit is easily replaced/repaired and can be removed without affecting the rest of the module was the main difference i found, no other light on the market offers this reliability to my knowledge.

The tent has been going very well since the last update and i am going to flip these bitches tomorrow for fear of running out of space. Idealy id like to veg another week to get the tora bora and jj's gift to bulk out a bit but the kush is relentless during veg and another week would see me running out of room in flowering.

these pics were taken yesterday, the kush has been tied down flat to the screen a second time since the last pictures but it cannot be contained :p

Attachments

• image (4).jpg
    image (4).jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 14
  • image (3).jpg
    image (3).jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 14
  • image (2).jpg
    image (2).jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 12
  • image (1).jpg
    image (1).jpg
    95 KB · Views: 16
  • image(6).jpg
    image(6).jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 17
Also need to give props to the "420 beneficial bacteria" to all those using hydrogen peroxide to treat root rot or overcome rez issues this is definitely superior, never seen roots recover so quickly plus one tea spoon treats 250Litres.

The 420 and humic acid provided from cycos 'uptake' adds a bit of an organic edge to an otherwise synthetic environment which i enjoy,i am currently researching the switch to organics anyone have any experience with organic dwc?

Hey guys, gee its quiet in here hopefully ive got some lurkers on this thread?.

Anyhow the tent is now at the beginning of week 2 flowering.

First week of flowering i ran 1100ppm
Second week of flowering i am running 1400ppm

No more 420 innoculant as the roots are now looking amazing and the beneficial bacteria was taking over causing large pH fluctuation daily.

Cameras have been hard to come by in these parts so stayed tuned for a macro update in a couple of days.

I-Grade

yes, will be interesting to see! :) just post some new pics when you come this far.
waiting and watching...

Wow its been busy in the garden! too early to say but im thinking this led might actually pull a fairly solid yield with this less than ideal combination of strain haha.

Here are some pics are prior to the addition of two nets, some lite defoliation and small branch removal, currently running 1350ppm at 5.5 pH. I must say since i stopped adding the 420 innoculant i have extremely steady pH. Hoping they dont stretch too much more hehe

Oh and the random fijian bag seed is a female woohoo!, the tora bora and kandy kush are both fem'd from last crop although i am keeping a keen eye on the kush for any bananas.

Last edited:
H

hard rain

Pics work for me.

Looking great. Very healthy. Can't wait for flower pics!

Latest posts

Latest posts