What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

10 x C99 - Flood/Drain pots

AnonMe

SNIP! SNIP! SNIP!

SNIP! SNIP! SNIP!

Hello all. I started harvesting yesterday.

Still going, and boy oh boy do I have some work cut out for me. Its a big job. Got two plants done, 8 to go (plus two mongrels I through in to fill the gap) so 10 to go in total. The two are just bonuses. This grow was all about the C99.

Well let me tell you. I am impressed so far. I must have got something right this grow because these things have MASSIVE buds. Really nice looking too. Manicuring the top most buds is unbelievably easy. There is next to no leaf.

Anyway, here are a few shots. There is one HUGE bud in there which I will take a photo of later when it comes down. Fuck me its big. No leaf either.

I am super impressed. Highly recommend female seeds version of C99. I read some bad reports about their version but I know I am happy. You guys can make up your own mind.

AnonMe

oh sorry about posting the same pic twice there...

Tried to edit it but failed lol WIll fix at the end of harvest... just wanted to throw some pics up for y'all. Will post more pictures and final yield when I am done. I am thinking I'll go 30+ ounces easy. Only time will tell.

AnonMe

great shots mate, but I think u cut them too early lots of white pistols apart from that look great.

Yeah you're 100% correct.

A few things made me pull early.

Also, I was using the calander on my phone. But in my wisdom I screwed up my phone and had to put a new mod on it. Lost my calander and lost what week of flower I was up to. I had a guess and filled out my new calander and according to my guess I only made it to the start of week 8 12/12 (not the end).

So the first reason for pulling early is I have to be out of this spot very soon. I will be pushing it with the drying time. Only Just squeezed in one last grow :D As a result I wont be able to do my seed experiment I was hoping to do. Really wanted to see this strain. I just gave away the majority of the good clones to a close mate so hopefully he can keep it going locally and save me having to order more seeds.

The second reason was the plants have really pulled everything out of the leaves. I started to wonder whether I had stuffed up the time frame and they really were at the end of week8, not the start. I could back track this thread but I'm not that smart ;)

Third reason was the local climate. All my mates here grow indica or indica dominant hybrids. To make matters worse they all insist that pushing them past the point of ripe helps them stack on more resin. While this may be true, for years everyone in my closed circle has been smashed with heavy indica couch lock stones. Part of my reason for choosing a C99 was to hopefully bring a bit of a sativa lift to those around me. Pulling it earlier rather than later might be a good thing for this. The proof will be in the pudding.

So when all of these things are combined it just felt "right" to start the chop a little early. I'll definitely be growing this strain again at some point. The manicuring is just supreme. Snip, Snip, Done! When I do grow it again I will definitely try pushing it out to different lengths of time and see how it goes.

AnonMe

MAMMOTH task this manicuring.

I've done 8 fully grown bushes and have two left plus the two other strain (gap fillers in the grow room).

When I say fully grown, their about shoulder height and the pots are at floor level. So each plant has quite a lot of snipping to it. I also chop up all the stems into 1" bits. Helps stop them poking through the bin liner when your trying to dispose of it.

I took this shot of a nice little sugar covered leaf and thought i would share it. I love it when they roll like this and are covered in glands!

Attachments

• IMG_20130823_175730.jpg
    IMG_20130823_175730.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20130823_175741.jpg
    IMG_20130823_175741.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 12

- ezra -

.strangelove.
Veteran
nice one mate, looks cut well too early though. id like to run these some time. how was the smoke?

early_bird

Veteran
wonderful grow, well done :)
I wonder,the plants looking quite similar like my C99 on day 41 (today), i can't imagine they are on the end of week 8.

4tokin

What are your impressions of the dried product?
I have a couple of c99's running at the moment. The biggest smells of grapefruit, the others are to small to smell at this stage.
I am running EC around 1.1 and they are finicky feeders. They can be pale green and you give the EC a tiny bump up and you have burn.

Goldust

i still havent tried it got plenty of other seed in stock to use up 1st
the short flowering period is what had me interested