What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

10 x C99 - Flood/Drain pots

AnonMe

In the last shot you can see two sickly looking plants in the corner...

Because I run a 12 pot system but there are only 10 seeds in a packet I had two pots left over. Those two plants are newly rooted clones from a strain I run here which is a white Russian cross. I just chucked them in today to fill the hole. No point in wasting the light/space. Might get a couple of ounces from them at the end of the day.

hempfield

Organic LED Grower
Veteran
Man, you have serious salt buildup on the clay plebes. What is the EC of the solution ?

AnonMe

yeah I've noticed that, E.C. is 1.4ish

I think because its flood/drain and the flood level is just below the top of the clay, its kind of wicking up to the top of the clay pebals then evaporating leaving the salt behind. I considered washing it back through but that might do more harm than good?

I am open to suggestions though.

E.C. is a little high and could be adjusted slightly but I don't think its too far into the extremes.

My plan was to just monitor and act if the girls start to show any signs of stress.

id just moniter as ya said n if ya finding nute burn flush out with just phed water n start again...might be something that needs to be done with that system, not sure 100% myself but im sure someone eles be able help abit more :)

AnonMe

A little update.

The salts buildup on the surface does not seem to be getting any worse, and its not affecting the girls either.

I have a bit of a conundrum. I wanted to clone these 10 C99's but I've just turned my small tent over to flower today, meaning its going to be at least 8 weeks till the real estate is free. The C99's look like their about ready to turn over as well, meaning clones would need to be taken.

I think what I might have to is give the C99's another two weeks before changing light cycle. Then give them a week under 12/12 before I take clones. That should put my tent about 5 weeks away from being available. If I take small clones I might be able to keep them under a compact fluro inside a box on a shelf for a while, but I really am limited for room. Hopefully it all works. The plan is to take 32 c99 clones. I want to try and reverse 10 clones from the original 10 seeds and have them polinate 10 other clones from the originals. The remainding 12 clones will go back into the big room 12 pot system.

Anyway, here is what they look like at the moment.

AnonMe

You can see a little bit of leaf curl there, but having been away for 8 days things got out of hand. They resivour was WAY low, E.C. a little high, pH a little high, and the C99's had grown up into the light a bit. Next time I go away I'll take measures to minimuse that.

N

noyd666

that salt? buildup on top of pebbles wouldn't be from unwashed reservoir that you showed on page 1? do a check on ph run off, nice sized plants Anon.

Really growing strong mate, they looky very happy n healthy.

As for ya clones, hang a cfl over a couple of clones in the bottom of ya wardrobe, take up bugger all space :)

Hey mate nice grow ya got here, I tried to start keeping my grow area cleaner but the wife cracked the shits about all the leaf stuck in the nozzle,keep the pics coming im excited to see these ladys flower

Saibai

栽培して収穫しましょう!
Veteran
Nice stuff, got a 4-pack of these to pop when circumstances allow. :)

AnonMe

Hello everyone!

My Apologies. Its been some time since I've given you an update. Life got a little busy. So busy in fact that I was unable to turn my girls to flower when I wanted. I had to let them go a bit higher than I wanted and now I am at the very limits.

So tomorrow is the end of week3, so the stretch should not really continue.

They looking good and like always, I've tried too many experiments at once. Not only am I running a new strain but I am trying house and garden base nutes. In the past I have had good success with Dutchmaster, the dutchmaster potash, and shooting powder. This time I've decided to swap out DM for HG. Just an attempt to keep things simple. The one base through veg/flower. One issue I have had, and I am not sure if its the nutes or the fact that their over grown is the undergrowth is suffering premature yellowing. I'm tending to think its more so a light penetration thing. But we will see how we go.

Even though I have been unable to give the girls all the attention they required in the last 4 weeks or so I still think I will get some good bud out of it.

Oh and here are the pictures :)

AnonMe

I've taken 30 clones. 3 from each of the 10 plants. Hopefully they all root like this one. 10 clones will go BACK into the big room for a second run. 10 will stay in the humidity dome in an attempt to hold them in a suspended state.

10 will go into my tent which is currently at week 6 of flower (side project to this one) and should be clear by the time I am ready to put my plan into action.

So the plan is... the 10 in the tent will be in a tray of coco which will be hand fed RTW. I will let them get their feet into the coco and maybe veg for a week and a bit and commence colloidal silver treatment and switching them to flower.

While these are flowering (hopefully male) I will drop the 10 in the dome into a tray of coco and put them in the large room with the first 10 that will be in veg.

After a few weeks I will put that vegging tray into the flowering tent with the CS treated clones. I'm hoping to get 10 or so 1ft tall plants and enough female pollen to make sure I never have to worry about sneaking seeds past customs again!

Hey anon me thanks for the update there coming along great, I hope the polination works great for you im to scared to play with pollin, I will be watching this thread, I might learn a thing or two
Thanks for shareing cc..

AnonMe

Just a quick little update.

She is getting close to harvest now. I suspect another week just to be sure, to be sure.

I'm having trouble uploading pictures so there isnt many but I am sure you get the picture