What's new

400watt Closet

benjuanman

Veteran
hey everybody thought id start postin what im doin atm. this is only my second grow n my first for hydroponics. ive currently got 9 clones of an unknown strain from a bagseed mother(which ive now thrown out).

Veg Room
80watt CFL
4inch exhaust
4inch desk fan
22litre DWC tub with a feminized White Rhino
5 clones of the unknown strain

Flo Room
400watt HPS
6inch intake
6inch exhaust
Oscillating box fan
3x 35litre DWC tubs with 9 clones in day 11

Feminized White Rhino(GHS) approx 6weeks old
5 clones of unknown strain veggin
flower room day 11

my rez n nutrients etc

pistils starting to form day 11

one of the clones the day it moved into 12/12

this is the veg room

hope it all goes well n coz im a newbie i would appreciate any advice, tips, criticism, watever. As long as i learn something new everyday ill b happy
Luv n Respect

benjuanman

Veteran
thnx 4 the comments guys. yeah JWP that photo of the bulb so high up was when i first put the clones in . i had them in complete darkness for 36hrs so i hadnt moved it down to start 12/12. but thnx 4 pointin that out

benjuanman

Veteran
yeah mate my flower room is 1.2m wide, 0.8m deep and 1.5m high. now with the temps im assuming that ambient is directed at the temperature the actual room. well atm i dont know but the min/max temps in the flower room r; 17-26 degrees celcius n humidity is 46-61%.

benjuanman

Veteran
potassium deficiency???

potassium deficiency???

in the the last couple of days my WW plant has started getting burnt spots on the lower leaves. it seems to be only on the actual serrated parts of the leaves and the tips. room temps r averaging 19-28 degrees and 60-74% humidity. PH 5.9 and EC 1.8.

so im thinkin its either potassium deficiencey or magnesium. or is it nutrient burn? any ideas guys

on a better note though my flo room seems to b alrite startin to fill the screen nicely

High Country

Give me a Kenworth truck, an 18 speed box and I'll
Veteran
in the the last couple of days my WW plant has started getting burnt spots on the lower leaves. it seems to be only on the actual serrated parts of the leaves and the tips. room temps r averaging 19-28 degrees and 60-74% humidity. PH 5.9 and EC 1.8.

so im thinkin its either potassium deficiencey or magnesium. or is it nutrient burn? any ideas guys

on a better note though my flo room seems to b alrite startin to fill the screen nicely

I don't know what the problem is, maybe it's not a problem, just a plant doing it's thing. You read so much about deficiency of this, deficiency of that, magnesium, cadmium, zinc or whatever. Personally I don't worry about it, a spot on a leaf, who cares, I've got scars on my hands, I'm still alive.

In hydro and soil I just stick with a basic nutrient profile at the right levels, good light and stable temps. I grow good bud and don't over complicate the process with additives to try and correct a so called disorder. We are dealing with a living thing, teenagers get pimples, plants get spots and other things. My main concern are spider mites, that's what can definitely destroy you.

benjuanman

Veteran
day 21

day 21

hi everybody hope Santa brought everythin youse wanted.lol. anyways heres sum pics of my flo room @ day 21. seems to be comin along alrite but not filling in as much as i would have hoped for but still happy nonetheless.

my fem WR plant did have a potassium defciencey which has now been corrected and is now recovering. will post sum pics of my clones in the veg room coz for sum reason theyre developing pistils even though theyre under 18hrs of light. ive moved the timer to give 20hrs to see if that helps but other then that im perplexed!!

rexamus616

Veteran
depends how MANY pistils are forming.....

One or two where leaves/branches join the main stem - no worries, they're just showing that they're female.

Clusters of pistils? - they're flowering.

benjuanman

Veteran
yeah rexamus616 they're definately flowering man. ive got groups of pistils developing at the tips of new growing shoots. like i said b4 its weird coz they've been gettin 18hrs of light n the WR is still vegging.
:tumbleweed: i,m lost!!

benjuanman

Veteran
day 28

day 28

everything is rolling along ok atm really starting to stink in there which is a good thing.:jump: but definately buying a carbon filter after this lots done.

will post sum pics of my GHS white rhino which is about 2 months old n the worst part is i think it could b a male. Which is wrong coz its from a 5pack of fems. anyways hope everyone is havin a good start to 2011.:gday:

L

luvaduck

Looking real good considering only day 28. Any idea how long this one goes for?
Keep up the great work.:tiphat:

benjuanman

Veteran
thnx 4 the compliment there luvaduck. wouldnt have a clue how long this strain takes as it was from random bag seed i had. but at the rate its goin im guessin it could b ready by week 8. will c how things pan out. heres a couple of pics of my WR which has been real slow growin up until now. it seems to b growin with 2 main stems n i topped it a week ago n then suppercropped it yesty. just so i could bush it up even more 4 cloning. it doesnt have any pre-flowers yet which is why i was worried that it was male. Does anyone kno when they should appear or should i take a clone n put it under 12/12 to sex it? i dropped 3 more beans of the WR in a cup of water last nite n my girlfriend accidentlly poured the cup down the sink luckily only lost one.the other 2 stuck 2 the cup so hopefully these next 2 r a bit more vigourus then the one i have atm. was also wondering wat type of digital cameras u guys usin coz mines 12 megapixel but cant zoom in close enough to show where the pre-flowers should b n in the future i want to do sum macro photos on the trichomes.

benjuanman

Veteran
hey guys been offline a while now my computer shit itself n had to replace the hard drive so i lost heap of pics but anways i pulled up at day 52. cant seem to find the pics i took b4 i trimmed which sux but got sum afterwards.

coz its been so hot the last week the buds r dry now n came in at 296 grams so a bit ova 10 oscars. Smokes up alrite gets u bent which is the main thing. i've got in jars now curing coz even though it smokes smooth it still taste green if u kno wat i mean.
will put sum dried bud shots on tomoz. was wondering if any u guys kno where i can get sum black tubs bout 40 litres with lids but heres the catch i want them more square n less rectangular then the normal ones u get at the hydge stores, so i need more depth n less length in the tub. basically wat im wanting to do is build a recirculating undercurrent setup with 4 tubs under a 1000 watta. the same idea as the ones at Current Culture Hydroponics. any help would b much appreciated.