What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

easy way to extract resin

MagusWay

I have about 6oz of buds. and some nice trim but i want just the resin. whats the easiest way to do it for a beginner.

EsterEssence

Veteran
You can use a tumbler if you want to retain the water soluble terpenes, and don’t want to get the product wet...

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
What is your end goal with the resin? What you want the resin for will change how you want to approach this. Edibles? I like to make dry ice hash, then do an ethanol extraction. Isopropyl is cheap and nasty, so doing the dry ice extraction first reduces how much expensive ethanol you need.

Smoking? QWETHO is something to look at. A quick wash using high proof ethanol. Winterize, thin film evaporate and enjoy. :) There are quite a few threads on it here.

I'mback

Comfortably numb!
... I noticed where he is from. Perhaps not everyone can accommodate some of the recommendations mentioned here and, he wanted EZ. :)

MagusWay

Right everyone here is rabs reply.he cant reply on HGL thread because it gets deleted.
when rab got the Led the noise was loud from the led. so he contacted HGL and asked
if the fans were faulty.HGL did offer new fans as she says(truth) Rab offered to return the
led HGL said why stop the grow just turn off some of the fans. he did try this he turned of 2 fans. HGL also said he could modify the led as he wanted. because he was going to buy
more expencive fans.she also said the if you take black mesh away from fans this will also reduce noise.Rab said he spoke to a few members about the fans on here before he contacted HGL. Cammie is telling the truth Regarding sending new fans and did offer to pay customs when rab contacted her.Rab did forward the customs paperwork but didnt even get a reply. the led is working fine i can get a video posted to prove this.tbh it didnt really get used as i say it is loud and not for everyone.Rab is happy to post via recorded delivery.