What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

SensiSeeds/Dutch Passion reborn

CannaZen

If I discovered something special I would not care if somebody made an S1 and sold them and gave me no credit.

If I did it would only be my ego speaking or capitalist greed.
Its about respect for historical lineage.

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
to be honest, there are very few seedbank that respect the lineage, or that are honest and sincere, usually hide behind the professional secrecy, or worse, give totally wrong lineages .... however I'm not a hater, I'd really like see return these seedsbank to the ancient splendor .....

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Why can't we have a conversation without the arguing??

Let's just discuss the seedbanks and share experiences, not the drama.

One person shows up makes three posts in a row why everything sucks, it's clearly because they can't grow and have a chip on their shoulder as a result.

Chemdog is better than anything blah blah blah. Go grow chemdog then. Whining is for the school yard. Let's act like adults please.

mr.brunch

Veteran
420giveaway
Well said mr beans, back on track...

I’ve only grown super skunk from sensi, but all germed and were nice enough plants.. sweetish buds, not really my cup of tea but smoked well.

Did a few autos from dp, and they produced some lovely smoke but yielded low, and personally I don’t like the lights being on for 18 hours. Tried to grow their blueberry years back and got only a couple of mutant seedlings for my efforts, but they were a little old

Canna-bill

Ive grown lots of sensi seeds and white label seeds in recent years and have had good and bad results. Ive got some Black Domina seedlings on the go at the minute, so far so good with them.

Best bit of advice i can give is too buy direct from sensi where possible, use the tissue paper method of germination as they describe and take photos of each stage. If anything goes wrong they will replace them.

I read people saying they need too start giving out testers, well they do. If you buy from them and show them your grows and build up a relationship with them they will offer you seeds too test. Ive grown out a few freebies for them.

Some of the strains ive had great results from, not in any particular order are,

Jack herer
Jack flash
Silver haze
Mothers finest
Superskunk
Hindu kush
Sensi skunk
Hash plant
Californian indica
Early girl
Northern lights
Skunk kush
Big bud.
Jamaican Pearl

Not so good were

Shivaskunk fems, got all males
Marleys collie- 3 packs no germ, they took this strain off the menu after this episode and still isnt back yet.
Early skunk, weak fluffy buds, not very powerful.

Havnt grown as many from white label but ive never had a bad experience with WL either.

White Gold is brilliant
White diesel
White Rhino
Master kush
Adghan kush
Kali haze

Actually i did have a bad one from WL,

Hollands Hope - pure shite

Ive lots of pics of all the above at sensiseeds forum and mns forum under the handle Alecky.

I really hope that someone from Sensi is reading...

It would be interesting to let test "officially" their strains to the skilled growers of icmag...

And maybe we will talk about "Post-2018 Balck Domina" instead of "Pre-98..."

If their quality went down so much at least we will see it well described and tested for one time in history...

Pepé The Grower

ICMag Donor
Veteran
About black domina, it always been hit or miss with this one...i'm just left wondering how often one could step on the right pheno yesterday vs now...or if one could still find it at all!...anybody willing to spend 900 bucks to buy ten packs and prove me wrong? :D

Robney

I might be the guy Lester Beans was thinking of, I grew out a couple of the Sensi's white label northern lights in 2016.

pheno 1

picture.php

pheno 2

picture.php

Pheno 1 was 70 days and smelled like what I recall a good Jack Herer smelling like, though that did not translate into tasting like good Jack. Not super strong weed, not weak either, good smoke. High felt like haze but stuck to a couch, with your brain turned off.

Pheno 2 was 50 days and didn't really have much odor at all. Though once in the jar that lack of odor turned into a sweet, earthy, almost vanilla/fruity flavor. Pretty complex smell and did come through in the smoke. Surprising almost the same high as the other pheno, with more body though, but that same brain turned off feeling. Perfect nug for watching a movie marathon.

Overall I'd give what I saw a 8/10: the seeds produced relatively easy to grow plants that produced nice bud with good effects; however, the taste of the herb wasn't super strong and was completely lost by the end of the joint, and the effects just are not my cup of tea, I just didn't feel the same euphoria that you can find in lots of really good smoke. If they had some amazing flavor and I didn't truly enjoy high, I probably would have kept them, but in my opinion, there is so much better than this out there (and if you ask me for something better, I'm probably going to point you in the direction of a usa breeder ;)). Maybe if I ran more I could find something better, but I'm not going to search it out at $150 for a pack of 10 seeds.

Also, can we please stop the dutch breeders vs usa breeders bullshit? There are great breeders in many locations, there are also bad breeders in many locations. One man's trash is another man's treasure so let's stop trashing everyone's treasures and just enjoy some good smoke :joint:

B

beanz

been reading few pages ,

my thoughts would be this ....
obviously sensi would be testing the plants they use for seed and only keeping the best one would assume .
another presumption would be there quite large and know doubt have talented people working breeding for them ....there not going to have some dodgy bloke who does,nt have a clue are they ?
I don,t know any back ground or politics on them if there is any .

the assumption I make when I see things like this is ....someone pays decent money for seeds and has higher expectations than there growing skills a lot of the time . sometimes not ...

cotienxanh

Dutch Passion has a few new strains that are worth a look.

I had great luck with their Durban Poison and Desfran(destroyer)

The Glueberry felt like blend of its parts. like blueberry chem or something.
the buds where medium density, i'd give it a B+.
i grew it outdoor and didn pay much attention to it and
I only tried one seed.

They also have couple new crosses

Granddady Purp x Og X Bubba Kush

Lemon Skunk x Zkittles

Do you have any picture of your desfran?
What she grow and smoke like??
Just want to know about that strain.

baduy

DP's Orange Hill Special (nothing Jamaican in this one I believe, just a brand name) is good, easy to grow into big trees, big yelder of quite potent hard nugs smelling like orange. Maybe the interesting breeding part of those companies is at their new strains now

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
DP's Orange Hill Special (nothing Jamaican in this one I believe, just a brand name) is good, easy to grow into big trees, big yelder of quite potent hard nugs smelling like orange. Maybe the interesting breeding part of those companies is at their new strains now

I remember long time ago,in switzerland,I tried an orange strain from DP,i dont remember if it was orange bud,or orange hill,but was a great herb...

W

Water-

Do you have any picture of your desfran?
What she grow and smoke like??
Just want to know about that strain.

no pics. i topped her and she grew long spears, smoke was stimulating and thought provoking. flowered 13 weeks outdoor.
yea, you should try and get it from CBG first but if you cant than grab the Dutch Passion S1
if it turns out well than when you are tellling people about it you can say its a pheno of destoyer called desfran.
it still promotes CBGs work

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
Let's just discuss the seedbanks and share experiences, not the drama.

One person shows up makes three posts in a row why everything sucks, it's clearly because they can't grow and have a chip on their shoulder as a result.

Chemdog is better than anything blah blah blah. Go grow chemdog then. Whining is for the school yard. Let's act like adults please.
ok, I prolly expressed my opinion wrongly, I smoked a lot of dp strains, as everybody around me is growing it. so durban poison, oasis, hempstar, euphoria, shaman, mazar, skywalker, isis, orange bud, strawberry cough. I cant remeber it all and if you want average commercial weed its ok, but if you want stinky pungent or intensive smell, with long lasting aftertaste and interesting peculiar effect - especially longer lasting!, go with somebody else.. and that every other chemdog cross is better, its not really fault of chemdog LOL blah blah