What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

pineapple chunk and jilly bean

badtrip

hi everyone i think i have some troubles in both rooms and i would like some help or advices.In the flowering room i have two lsd (they dont have any problem cross fingers)and two pineapple chunk one of them i think she have a heat stress but i m not sure ...

she is about 3 weeks old in 9.2litres air pot ,soil is batmix ,600w hps with cooltube ,the temps was from 27-29 and i dont have a intake fan( im still waiting it)so only the vent to blow out from the cooltube,and humidity from 30-35%
today i change from 600 to 400 watt and temps are 25 and 50% humidity.only the top big leaves have this spot.

the other one is one of my jilly bean i notice today she s bending shes is 3 days old (sprout from seed) under 105 cfl .in 1l air pot,i just put a little bit batmix soil in the bottom and the rest is platinum light mix soil.i dont know what it could be...?maybe overwatering or underwatering?

thats all guys.:thank you: for your time, any advice or help is welcome
Peace

Attachments

• pc1.jpg
    pc1.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 27
  • pc2.jpg
    pc2.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 23
  • pc3.jpg
    pc3.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 25
  • jb1.jpg
    jb1.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 24
Looks like maybe some watering and/or ph issues with the bigger plants not totally sure but whatever it is it doesn't look serious just keep a eye on them for now. If the seedling looks like it's getting stringy at the base where it meets the soil or gets a kink in it then it's getting dampening off. If not then it's likely ok I've had seeds curl over but when the stem is full and doesn't shrink at the base it's not a issue and just something that some seeds do. I start in pure perlite which pretty much prevents dampening off and just prop them up when they do that. Good luck man hope they all pull through for you

badtrip

:tiphat: hi everyone i would like an advice if this is a nitrogen deficiency or something else

they are about 5 weeks veg in 9,2 air pots in (plagron batmix and never feed them) ,400 hps,temps lower 20 max 26, humidity 42 lower - 56max

ph i never checked from what i ve read dont need to ckeck it if its organic ,so i dont .

Attachments

• 20180513_164728.jpg
    20180513_164728.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 23
  • 20180513_164643.jpg
    20180513_164643.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 21
  • 20180513_164609.jpg
    20180513_164609.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 24
  • 20180513_164355.jpg
    20180513_164355.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 25
  • 20180513_164327.jpg
    20180513_164327.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 22
Definitely looks like N def at first glance but that white on the tips isn't something that I've personally seen before. Is that just the light flash from taking the pic reflecting or are the tips actually turning white? It's definitely a mobile nutes issue since it's starting at the bottom and N is the most likely culprit. While I have also heard you don't have to measure ph when growing organically I always do no matter my setup. It's a good idea anytime you got issues to measure the feed solution and try to get some runoff to measure to see what's going on in the rhizosphere. Plants still look healthy overall so your catching this early hope you can get it solved and still have a good harvest. Good luck man

badtrip

Definitely looks like N def at first glance but that white on the tips isn't something that I've personally seen before. Is that just the light flash from taking the pic reflecting or are the tips actually turning white? It's definitely a mobile nutes issue since it's starting at the bottom and N is the most likely culprit. While I have also heard you don't have to measure ph when growing organically I always do no matter my setup. It's a good idea anytime you got issues to measure the feed solution and try to get some runoff to measure to see what's going on in the rhizosphere. Plants still look healthy overall so your catching this early hope you can get it solved and still have a good harvest. Good luck man

:tiphat: hi dude the white its from the flash only yellow tips.I bremove some of them.i feed them with alga grow...i turn in flower in 10 days hope they ll be better and thanks for your help have a good day!

:tiphat: hi dude the white its from the flash only yellow tips.I bremove some of them.i feed them with alga grow...i turn in flower in 10 days hope they ll be better and thanks for your help have a good day!

Sup man sounds like a N def then for sure and you can clear it up pretty quickly with some foliar feeding before you flower them. If you're trying to stay organic pick up some high N content bat guano or something and give them a few sprays. Your ladies still need a lot of nitrogen during the first part of flowering especially when they are stretching and leafing out. Good luck dude:tiphat:

badtrip

Sup man sounds like a N def then for sure and you can clear it up pretty quickly with some foliar feeding before you flower them. If you're trying to stay organic pick up some high N content bat guano or something and give them a few sprays. Your ladies still need a lot of nitrogen during the first part of flowering especially when they are stretching and leafing out. Good luck dude:tiphat:

:tiphat:thanx for the tips dude !

SamsonsRiddle

:tiphat: hi everyone i would like an advice if this is a nitrogen deficiency or something else

they are about 5 weeks veg in 9,2 air pots in (plagron batmix and never feed them) ,400 hps,temps lower 20 max 26, humidity 42 lower - 56max

ph i never checked from what i ve read dont need to ckeck it if its organic ,so i dont .

these plants need watered more often. those air pots dry out fast and especially with those size plants. organic mediums do better with some moisture in them. try watering more often and reduce the amount of water if they are dripping everywhere.

get your watering frequency down and you're golden.

picture 5 of your most recent pictures in the top left you can see slight clawing which would be nitrogen toxicity (not enough to worry about). and more towards the center of the top you can see some taco'ing/canoeing/v'ing which usually indicates a lack of water. the leaves are trying to direct water down to their roots when they do that (there are other reasons, that is the reason you'll see the most)

badtrip

these plants need watered more often. those air pots dry out fast and especially with those size plants. organic mediums do better with some moisture in them. try watering more often and reduce the amount of water if they are dripping everywhere.

picture 5 of your most recent pictures in the top left you can see slight clawing which would be nitrogen toxicity (not enough to worry about). and more towards the center of the top you can see some taco'ing/canoeing/v'ing which usually indicates a lack of water. the leaves are trying to direct water down to their roots when they do that (there are other reasons, that is the reason you'll see the most)

hi :tiphat: i feed them once thinking it was nitrogen deficiency,i think they go worst.fuck so its nitrogen toxicity?so better to flush them?you think i can save them?

Attachments

• 20180517_005214.jpg
    20180517_005214.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 26
  • 20180517_005112.jpg
    20180517_005112.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 16
  • 20180517_005049.jpg
    20180517_005049.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 17
  • 20180517_005001.jpg
    20180517_005001.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 18
  • 20180517_004927.jpg
    20180517_004927.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 21

badtrip

its my first time with bat mix and air pots...some more pics

Attachments

• 20180517_005237.jpg
    20180517_005237.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 28
  • 20180517_004903.jpg
    20180517_004903.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 21
  • 20180516_220606.jpg
    20180516_220606.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 18
  • 20180516_220448.jpg
    20180516_220448.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 18

badtrip

picture 5 of your most recent pictures in the top left you can see slight clawing which would be nitrogen toxicity (not enough to worry about). and more towards the center of the top you can see some taco'ing/canoeing/v'ing which usually indicates a lack of water. the leaves are trying to direct water down to their roots when they do that (there are other reasons, that is the reason you'll see the most)[/quote

sorry but my english isnt perfect,you mean to water more often but less quantity of water?

thanx for your time

peace

Nah man with nitrogen toxicity it would have signs of nute burn as well and the leaves would be pretty dark and shiny. Plus his leaves are the worst at the bottom suggesting the plant is sucking up nutes to power the new growth. When the issue is worse in the lower leaves it's usually a deficiency. Not trying to argue or flame you or nothing but it's not toxicity. Here's a link from grow weed easy to a article detailing nitrogen toxicity

https://www.growweedeasy.com/nitrogen-toxicity-cannabis/

His plants don't look like the ones listed there

Last edited:

picture 5 of your most recent pictures in the top left you can see slight clawing which would be nitrogen toxicity (not enough to worry about). and more towards the center of the top you can see some taco'ing/canoeing/v'ing which usually indicates a lack of water. the leaves are trying to direct water down to their roots when they do that (there are other reasons, that is the reason you'll see the most)[/quote

sorry but my english isnt perfect,you mean to water more often but less quantity of water?

thanx for your time

peace
Don't go too low on the quantity of water shallow watering can cause issues. I think he meant water more and then if the pots start leaking out a lot back off a little. If the pots feel light and leaves feel dry then you definitely need to up the water content. Do you have a soil moisture meter? If not np most dont work that well anyways try gently sticking a finger into the soil around the edges and see if the soil feels dry. Don't worry badtrip we can understand you just fine

Last edited:
Here's another link from sensi garden all about nitrogen deficiency and toxicity. Doesn't look like toxicity if it was the bottom leaves would be dark green. Badtrips plants have pale yellow leaves that are turning brown in the same way N deficiency would cause and start at the tip and work back. You can see the coloring being sucked out of the leaves on his plants starting at the bottom the opposite would be happening if it was toxicity.

https://www.sensigarden.com/nitrogen-deficiency/

Last edited:

badtrip

:tiphat: for the moment i have two different opinions,can anybody knows if its nitrogen toxicity or deficiency?
flush or add nitrogen,i dont know what to do...

badtrip

some pics from today 2 of my plants and i flushed thinking of n toxicity

temps min 20 lights off-max 25 lights on,humidity min 57 -76 max,400 watt hps ,exhaust fan 400m3/h,intake fan 280 m3/h

Attachments

• 20180517_165102.jpg
    20180517_165102.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 18
  • 20180517_165155.jpg
    20180517_165155.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 15
  • 20180517_165213.jpg
    20180517_165213.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 18
  • 20180517_165235.jpg
    20180517_165235.jpg