Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Old Stoners Crash Pad > Does today's music, television suck, because today's creators smoke indo?

Thread Title Search
Does today's music, television suck, because today's creators smoke indo? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-21-2018, 05:42 PM #31
Mikell
Dipshit Know-Nothing

Mikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dropped Cat View Post
Cream was a very good band, lots of good tracks.
Like their version of "Crossroads"
Yaaas.

But then Clapton kept making music. I got about ten minutes into Reptile before I vomited through my nose.
Mikell is offline Quote

Old 03-21-2018, 10:27 PM #32
-BRR-
IC Mag Supporter

-BRR- has a spectacular aura about-BRR- has a spectacular aura about-BRR- has a spectacular aura about-BRR- has a spectacular aura about
Technology is to blame, digitised action scenes in movies, digital manipulated music vocals, digital music, internet hyping up sheight. Corporate domination over it all yada yada...

I need to blow up my internet and tv ffs for real. It’s messing with my head and it won’t be the first or 3rd time even I’ve done it.

Replace it with a transistor radio,some books, musical instruments, cross words, art supplies, and a workshop I’ll be happy as a pig in shit.

If i need something, info or purchase go to town and tether with wifi..

Just woke up need coffee..
-BRR- is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-26-2018, 01:11 PM #33
ahortator

ahortator is a name known to allahortator is a name known to allahortator is a name known to allahortator is a name known to allahortator is a name known to allahortator is a name known to allahortator is a name known to allahortator is a name known to allahortator is a name known to allahortator is a name known to allahortator is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by -BRR-
I need to blow up my internet and tv ffs for real.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7qAKZ5cJME

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beuOQlUD-ac

Old 03-29-2018, 02:06 AM #34
Burt

Burt is just really niceBurt is just really niceBurt is just really niceBurt is just really niceBurt is just really niceBurt is just really niceBurt is just really niceBurt is just really niceBurt is just really nice
Rick and Marty and South Park and always sunny are classics imo
My spun ass has convinced itself the writers of these show get free weekly 10 strips-lol
As for the eternal indica debate, us wannabe creative types are willing to wait 11-16 weeks for the ultra heady shit
Burt is offline Quote

Old 03-29-2018, 03:49 AM #35
aridbud
automeister

aridbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond repute
Reality TV killed it, too.
Still drawn to acoustic, 12 string, great percussion, but you don't hear that w/ rap.
John Harrigan
Instant gratification takes too long.
Carrie Fisher - RIP.
afterthought autos
We are passionate breeders in the USA and offer 27 autoflowering strains, 9 photoperiod in our decades of breeding expertise. afterthought autos - we are unique quality cannabis autoflower breeders for medical conditions and recreational stimulus at down to earth prices. Now 12.50 years running strong!

https://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=65770
aridbud is offline Quote

Old 03-29-2018, 04:16 PM #36
bsgospel

bsgospel is a glorious beacon of lightbsgospel is a glorious beacon of lightbsgospel is a glorious beacon of lightbsgospel is a glorious beacon of lightbsgospel is a glorious beacon of lightbsgospel is a glorious beacon of lightbsgospel is a glorious beacon of lightbsgospel is a glorious beacon of lightbsgospel is a glorious beacon of lightbsgospel is a glorious beacon of lightbsgospel is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikell View Post
"Gersh dernit, it were butter in the old days"

- Every Aging Generation.
Oh shit- can we make this into a bumper sticker?
bsgospel is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-29-2018, 04:37 PM #37
Weird
3rd eye jedi

Weird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivor
part of it is lifestyle

so many things effect teh receptors that allow us to enjoy the aspects of the plant that effect our mental health and opening doors of perception

I said in the past I can tell many things from what people like to smoke and how they react to certain strains and one simple one is that most people who eat benzos and opiates can't sense certain cerebral aspects of pot especially sativas

I have smoked plenty of potent sativas that did little for benzo and opiate heads who only saw pot as narcotic (makes em tired) or doing nothing

WWDLBD

WW1.618D

Quote:
The shape it takes could be yours to choose

What you may win, what you may lose
Sativa is manna from heaven - BLueGrassToker

Ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cured - Ureapwhatusow

nobody every told me i found out for myself, you've got to believe in foolish miracles - o. osborne

Although the masters make the rules
For the wise men and the fools
I got nothing, Ma, to live up to - b. Dylan
Weird is offline Quote

Old 04-08-2018, 09:55 AM #38
jonesaa

jonesaa will become famous soon enoughjonesaa will become famous soon enough
The world is turning into the movie Idiocracy... That's all i'm going to say...

IRIE!!!
jonesy
jonesaa is offline Quote

Old 05-04-2018, 09:20 AM #39
Satyros

Satyros is just really niceSatyros is just really niceSatyros is just really niceSatyros is just really niceSatyros is just really niceSatyros is just really niceSatyros is just really niceSatyros is just really niceSatyros is just really niceSatyros is just really nice
It sounds like a mixed issue to me.

If you narrow it to "what is hydro indica doing to people", it's maybe a little different than the overall down cycle of civilization. Although both are related to each other.

The first time I got high as a kid, I smoked something and walked home. Can kids even walk home any more? Anyway, the first thing I noticed about "what it's like to be high" was that a cat called my name...so no, I wasn't a zombie staring at a screen.

I would tend to agree with Weird that the folks who can't appreciate a non-narcotic high, probably can't even sense it to begin with.

Musically, for example, I was a fan of Krokus. They were weed heads from the 70s, sure. However, original guitarist Tommy Kiefer was a heroin guy. Despite that, his playing was creative and energetic, nothing that you would associate with serious narcotics. Although it led him to a fast and horrible demise.

It was the record company that paved and emasculated them for "The Blitz", as most companies did with most bands at the time...look, the bass is a background instrument, you've got to take the edge off that guy's voice, and go out wearing spandex pajamas or something. Didn't work out so good.

So I think in almost every case, whenever anything "goes commercial", it waters down to the lowest common denominator. Desire for profit is a fairly ugly enemy of the grassroots, independent underground, and I'd be impressed to find a situation where that does not apply.
Satyros is offline Quote

Old 05-04-2018, 05:54 PM #40
St. Phatty

St. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivor
In the early 1970's, the professors in the Stanford Design Division (part of Mechanical engineering, but issues a General Engineering degree) did experiments with LSD and/or similar hallucinogens, to assess the effect on creativity.

Not sure what the results were.

In Silicon Valley, informal tests are done every day on this subject - by thousands of people.

I think, Sativa's are considered more of a morning smoke, and Indica's more of a late afternoon (4:20 PM) smoke.

In a pinch, you can use Mug Root Beer as a stand-in.

Used to "break it up" when I worked at Silicon Valley south. Meet with manufacturing personnel in their cafeteria and discuss Serious Manufacturing issues (like which women employees weren't wearing underwear).
St. Phatty is offline Quote