Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Old Stoners Crash Pad > Cardiac Ablation

Thread Title Search
Cardiac Ablation Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-11-2018, 11:35 AM #21
JustSumTomatoes

JustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud of
Wishing you the best for your surgery and for a speedy recovery. You'll do just fine.
JustSumTomatoes is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-18-2018, 06:43 PM #22
Smokerman

Smokerman is just really niceSmokerman is just really niceSmokerman is just really niceSmokerman is just really niceSmokerman is just really niceSmokerman is just really niceSmokerman is just really niceSmokerman is just really niceSmokerman is just really niceSmokerman is just really niceSmokerman is just really nice
So I had the electrophysiology procedure yesterday and they were able to replicate the fainting episode and they had to shock my heart.
Their conclusion is that I need an implantable defibrillator.
I REALLY have my doubts about this.
I’m ready to say to hell with the whole thing.
They said I have severe heart disease and coronary artery disease and some other crap.
I go see my cardiologist tomorrow but I know he’s going to agree with the hospital.
I’ll wait until I see my family Dr next week to make a decision because I trust him.
This whole friggin thing seems like a bad dream.

Old 01-18-2018, 08:31 PM #23
Gone Camping

Gone Camping is a jewel in the roughGone Camping is a jewel in the roughGone Camping is a jewel in the roughGone Camping is a jewel in the roughGone Camping is a jewel in the roughGone Camping is a jewel in the rough
Get the procedure done Smokerman..

I'v had a double bypass and angioplasty a few times now, my Dr has me awake but oblivious of most of the procedure.. it's nerve wracking but you'll be out enough that you shouldn't be moving/thinking anyway. Just let him know of your stress and he should be ethical enough to make you comfortable.

Last spring my Dr brought up a debib also.. I was able to bring my extraction fraction up above the 30% threashold with exercise and upping my activity. He also upped my meds.

Give yourself a chance, your in my prayers.
Gone Camping is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-18-2018, 08:41 PM #24
igrowone

igrowone has a brilliant futureigrowone has a brilliant futureigrowone has a brilliant futureigrowone has a brilliant futureigrowone has a brilliant futureigrowone has a brilliant futureigrowone has a brilliant futureigrowone has a brilliant futureigrowone has a brilliant futureigrowone has a brilliant futureigrowone has a brilliant future
^^^ good advice i think

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-22-2018, 09:27 PM #25
Smokerman

Smokerman is just really niceSmokerman is just really niceSmokerman is just really niceSmokerman is just really niceSmokerman is just really niceSmokerman is just really niceSmokerman is just really niceSmokerman is just really niceSmokerman is just really niceSmokerman is just really niceSmokerman is just really nice
Talked to both my cardiologist and family Dr about defibrillator implant and they both said I should do it, so I’ve decided to go ahead with it.
Hospital is going to set it up.

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-05-2018, 04:43 AM #26
Pédetoddy

Pédetoddy has a spectacular aura aboutPédetoddy has a spectacular aura aboutPédetoddy has a spectacular aura aboutPédetoddy has a spectacular aura aboutPédetoddy has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokerman View Post
Talked to both my cardiologist and family Dr about defibrillator implant and they both said I should do it, so I’ve decided to go ahead with it.
Hospital is going to set it up.
Good choice. This device can improve your life quality.
Pédetoddy is offline Quote

Old 02-17-2018, 09:34 PM #27
420somewhere
Hi ho here we go

420somewhere is a survivor420somewhere is a survivor420somewhere is a survivor420somewhere is a survivor420somewhere is a survivor420somewhere is a survivor420somewhere is a survivor420somewhere is a survivor420somewhere is a survivor420somewhere is a survivor420somewhere is a survivor
How you doing Smokerman?

Prop 215 Compliant
420somewhere is offline Quote

Old 02-18-2018, 12:40 PM #28
Smokerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 420somewhere View Post
How you doing Smokerman?
I talked to the Dr last week and was told it should be within a couple of weeks
Here in Ontario the nurses are negotiating a new contract and recently walked away from the bargaining table. Nurses said there would be no job action, but I heard from a few people that things are bogged down a little in the hospitals.
In my opinion nurses are overworked and under paid anyway plus hospitals are trying to cut costs making nurses workload that much more.
I have the utmost respect for nurses considering what they have to do.
So if it slows things down a bit and I have to wait a little longer, so be it.

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-06-2018, 05:26 PM #29
mellon

mellon is on a distinguished road
Here's something related to the thread topic. Cannabis can induce atrial fib which is treated by ablation. I was cardioverted out of atrial fib and then about 3 years later I took a tolerance break and when I went back to smoking I started with my previous amount, it was too much, and I had an uncomfortable night. When I woke I was back in atrial fib. After being in AF for 6 months I had an ablation which gave me a regular rhythm and a few months later I over did the weed again and when I woke I was back in AF. There are scholarly articles associating cannabis use and atrial fib, Google it.
mellon is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-14-2018, 01:35 AM #30
Smokerman

Finally got a date of April 10 for implant, April 6 pre-admin.