Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Old Stoners Crash Pad > Anyone used TENS/EMS devices for chronic spine/nerve pain?

Thread Title Search
Anyone used TENS/EMS devices for chronic spine/nerve pain? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-14-2017, 01:59 AM #21
MrBungle

MrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud of
LR6 is the type of double A battery that I have to use in my TENS

ULTIMA 20 is the model of unit...
MrBungle is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-14-2017, 02:04 AM #22
pop_rocks

pop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant future
you are getting some really nice replies here, moose'
the tens is a really great tool for healing and recovery
i agree with mrBungle, that a good battery (or in you case maybe a fresh charge) makes a difference
pop_rocks is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-14-2017, 02:11 AM #23
moose eater

Location: Off a dead-end dirt road, near a river, out of town, in the hills and trees
moose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by pop_rocks View Post
you are getting some really nice replies here, moose'
the tens is a really great tool for healing and recovery
i agree with mrBungle, that a good battery (or in you case maybe a fresh charge) makes a difference
Yep, the thread had been more or less dead for some time now.

I'll probably take advantage of some of the recommendations re. models and such, as well as pads, and eventually replace my unit and pads both.

The things are surprisingly inexpensive, even for good units. A whole lot cheaper than the good-but-way-over-priced units they had at the time of the Fair.
moose eater is offline Quote

Old 12-15-2017, 03:12 AM #24
pop_rocks

pop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant future
yeah, i think the cheaper ones can work just as good as the expensive models you can buy
when my mom found out we like the tens so much she gave us her machine and some of the pads she had
/no doubt one of the high-dollar ones, probably bought at the fair
other than a different shape of the actual pad they seemed to work just like the cheaper pads i purchased online
it also came with more preset settings
how long have you ahd your current unit?

Old 12-15-2017, 03:33 AM #25
moose eater

Location: Off a dead-end dirt road, near a river, out of town, in the hills and trees
moose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivor
I'd guess I bought it on-line shortly after I started this thread.

The cheaper pads are shaped like someone's interpretation of dinosaur feet, and the source of them prides themselves in being less expensive, though others have pointed to the quality of pads as a key element.

I paid somewhere near $45 for mine, and it had some of the higher ratings, but the number of ratings weren't as many as some others.

I think in the searches we were doing for the thing, I found well-reviewed units ranging from $20 to $80, and there were sites on-line that offered reviews exclusively, but I often question whether they were pimped or not, doing positive reviews in exchange for $$$$. Not uncommon in all sorts of marketing schemes. Which is why I asked here; consumers with no axe to grind are often the best source.

Edit: Not $5 but $45. Ooops, and corrected. I should review before I hit 'post'

Quote:
yeah, i think the cheaper ones can work just as good as the expensive models you can buy
when my mom found out we like the tens so much she gave us her machine and some of the pads she had
/no doubt one of the high-dollar ones, probably bought at the fair
other than a different shape of the actual pad they seemed to work just like the cheaper pads i purchased online
it also came with more preset settings
how long have you ahd your current unit?

Last edited by moose eater; 12-17-2017 at 01:59 AM..

Old 12-15-2017, 04:04 AM #26
pop_rocks

i think the model i got was called the tens-7000
i purchased it on amazon for about $30 and spent another 15-20$ on a package of additional pads (40 count i think)
our until is not rechargeable, so i picked up a bunch of 9v batteries (say $10) too
so far its lasted the better part of the year and works really well

Old 12-15-2017, 05:24 AM #27
moose eater

Out of curiosity, what percentage of your settings for type of pulse/massage (at 25% intensity or greater) do you find to be uncomfortable or unusable?

I'd say that at least 4/5 of mine are more or less worthless, leaving me using a very limited number of the settings for style of massage/pulse, and rarely getting over the mid-way mark in intensity.

Quote:
i think the model i got was called the tens-7000
i purchased it on amazon for about $30 and spent another 15-20$ on a package of additional pads (40 count i think)
our until is not rechargeable, so i picked up a bunch of 9v batteries (say $10) too
so far its lasted the better part of the year and works really well

Old 12-16-2017, 02:14 PM #28
pop_rocks

our machine goes to 6 i think and normal use is at about 3
depending on which muscles you are putting it on i can sometimes take it up to 4-5, but that is pretty strong
/i will start off getting comfortable at like 3 then slowly ramp it up
the one i have only has like four presets, in addition to the massage setting ( a steady buzz)
it has a setting called tap" thatsends a strong jolt down the line about once every second or so but i prefer the continuous settings
it has a way you can mess with the settings to customize things, but i onlu use the two most of the time ( steady buzz and tap)

Old 12-16-2017, 11:26 PM #29
moose eater

Quote:
our machine goes to 6 i think and normal use is at about 3
depending on which muscles you are putting it on i can sometimes take it up to 4-5, but that is pretty strong
/i will start off getting comfortable at like 3 then slowly ramp it up
the one i have only has like four presets, in addition to the massage setting ( a steady buzz)
it has a setting called tap" thatsends a strong jolt down the line about once every second or so but i prefer the continuous settings
it has a way you can mess with the settings to customize things, but i onlu use the two most of the time ( steady buzz and tap)
I believe mine has 10 or 12 settings for type of pulse/massage, and an extensive range of settings for intensity...

I use most of the three or so types at the lower intensity or it's too much and painful at some levels.

I'd far rather have a greater # of useful but unique settings, and something that doesn't at times emulate a torture device.

Old 12-17-2017, 12:59 AM #30
Borderliner

Borderliner has much to be proud ofBorderliner has much to be proud ofBorderliner has much to be proud ofBorderliner has much to be proud ofBorderliner has much to be proud ofBorderliner has much to be proud ofBorderliner has much to be proud ofBorderliner has much to be proud ofBorderliner has much to be proud ofBorderliner has much to be proud ofBorderliner has much to be proud of
I have pain in my feet from bad back and used TENS units and a piece of equipment from a Chiropractor muscle simulator which is like a huge TENS unit. Both help good for acute pains less on chronic pain in my experience

Finished 9 sb
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=298125

Malawi Zamaldelica grow with Amare SE 450
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=338437

Malawi x Panama with Amare SE 450
https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=74099
Borderliner is online now Quote

2 members found this post helpful.