What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Working and having your mmj card

Weldman420

Was wondering how does this work curious do you tell them right away or wait until they ask to drug test can anyone give me some information and advice

Also what's the deal with growing your own plants

And can you own firearms while having a mmj card

Nay Hay

For those still wondering about this question:
I'd wait and not tell employer. They may fire you based on it, legal or not.

In PA, no home grows, it's profit on the backs of patients model. Black market is better and cheaper.

Technically no, no firearms and MMJ.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
According to Maybury v Madison (US Supreme Court)
"Any law repugnant to the Constitution is Void!"

Therefore, firearms Rights cannot be removed just because you have a medical need for cannabis!

I'm pretty damn sure ADDERALL (meth) patients and alcoholics don't have to give up their rights.

Mengsk

I used to be so paranoid about the law and the feds and job prospects that I did not get an MMJ card. Now that it went legal I got a MMJ card for the discount and ironically because I believe it is medicine and I was living under the legal penalty version of the law before. Now that it is legal and I want to play ball I feel somewhat like an odd man out or a third wheel where the legal side is saying "sucker" we planned this all along. Instead of getting the feeling of accomplishment or being proud for following the law, this gives more a sense of being made fun of or taken advantage of by those who did not follow the law. If "legal" cannabis meaning government accepts money from black market producers it has the potential to get pretty greasy pretty quick. So you are damned if you do and damned if you don't if that makes any sense. The law now says it's legal but you might have to pay to get a card to go to the dispensary in your state to buy over the counter. I think it's difficult to persecute black market cannabis in this legal environment but I guess time will tell. Hopefully your employer doesn't check or doesn't care or better yet supports your right to use etc. What I mean in a crude sense is nobody really gives a ****. Technically it can be used to fire you but outside of that fact I don't think anyone is going to step up for or against cannabis or drug testing. If you volunteer the information it can be used against you but that's it same way the police operate. I used to pee in a cup for job interviews, I passed those but I did get in trouble and was scolded for pot possession use etc. Fortunately I'm not a cannabis felon but just like many others parents, police, teachers, employers, and every other authority figure basically had us living in a degree of fear for what should be our right. And now nobody is acknowledging that. You can't pay back decades of oppression and fear let alone persecution fines jail prison etc. While it was prescribed for use medically in every state initially, now it is legal and employers still give drug tests. Doctors are still referring to cannabis in the old DEA terms of toxic and addictive. Cannabis is not toxic and addictive but alcohol and tobacco both are. So we have a big fat contradiction in essence. That also seems part of the American way. People are not all on one accord about seemingly one issue. Instead repeat that it is someone else's problem, not my blame not my responsibility etc.

Last edited: