What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Male preflowers at about 3 weeks

I popped a few bagseeds in some 1.5 rockwool cubes about 3 weeks ago, just put 2 of the seedlings in bubbler buckets 2 nights ago. I went out and checked just now and found a bundle of male pre-flowers, though these have been under 24 hour light the whole time. They appeared literally overnight.

vigilo

i had some clones already on their 5+ nodes, and when i put them in my hydro, i saw pistils emerging overnight all over. it scared me it was so fast i thought it was hermies

Loblolly1

I noticed today that a few of my plants were showing male preflowers of about that size after being under 24/0. Even though the male preflowers look just like those on plants I've seen while flowering, there is no chance of them throwing pollen before the switch to 12/12, right?

I am no expert but in my case all I can think is that these were from an autoflowering strain that was not femminized? Since my orig post I had 2 more bagseeds from the same batch that have BOTH autoflowered male flowers exactly like the ones in my previous pics, at around 30 days but under 24/0 lighting and lite veg nutes. Thats 5 seeds planted, 1 of them never sprouted, the other 4 ALL preflowered male at about 6" and say 3-4 weeks tho I can't be 100% on how long... around a month.

If this is the case, then I do believe they could throw pollen! If I'm wrong someone please correct me!

Also aren't the autoflower strains generally femminized also, for the quickest 'seed to weed' turnaround time? Or is that not correct?

Maybe i just got a REALLY unlucky roll of the dice with those 5 beans!!!

Loblolly1

The strain I've been experiencing this with is DJ Short's True Blueberry - it's definitely not supposed to be autoflowering or femenized.

I guess my question is, "With a strain that is not known to autoflower, is there any chance that male preflowers could produce pollen under 24/0 lighting conditions?" I guess I'll just watch closely, it's just strange because I've never seen male preflowers of this size under 24/0 - they look exactly like what your pictures show.