What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Authorities raid 247 Colorado homes growing black market pot

G

GatorGumbo

"Tvert blamed the illegal operations on states that still ban marijuana, and said if they legalized and regulated it as Colorado does, there would be little illegal production."

Probably the only part of the article that landed with me. Fuck off with regulation, though.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Makes me wonder if with homebrewing, do people brew more than the allotted 100 gallon per person 200 gallon per household limit and then sell the rest? Does the federal government go after them too? Just curious.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
That's a lotta weed. They must be using IR or FLIR to look inside these houses from the outside and getting billing info from the power company. There's no other way.

St. Phatty

"Brauchler warned that Colorado is becoming “the wild West of weed.” "

He says that like it's a bad thing !

Not one mention of how those growers supported the local economy.

247 growers means this was like the 1989 Operation Green Merchant. They weren't just going after one person. It was a Big Project.

Does this mean they'll have to reveal their surveillance methods during a possible trial ?

Was it power use, smart meters, or what ?

troutman

Seed Whore
Makes me wonder if with homebrewing, do people brew more than the allotted 100 gallon per person 200 gallon per household limit and then sell the rest? Does the federal government go after them too? Just curious.

Burn some in your vehicle and nobody will know. :peek:

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
I don't know why they make it such a rich guy game with the licensing. People should be able to charge tax on an end sale and that's it. Have farmer's markets etc. This is bullshit.

G

GatorGumbo

That's a lotta weed. They must be using IR or FLIR to look inside these houses from the outside and getting billing info from the power company. There's no other way.

I believe you mean RADAR.

dddaver

Veteran
What this means to me is no matter what the gubment ever says or does, I will never ever reveal what I do and will always observe rule number one. I'll admit I was becoming lax as of late. No more. Ever.

Gry

What this means to me is no matter what the gubment ever says or does, I will never ever reveal what I do and will always observe rule number one. I'll admit I was becoming lax as of late. No more. Ever.

Well said.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
no, radar does not look through walls detecting heat. FLIR & IR both do...must be running hot lamps in there. and power usage shoots through the roof with high pressure sodium lights etc.

Many states have ruled it illegal because what they can see is so intrusive. They can literally see you making children.

G

GatorGumbo

Thermal doesn't ever look through walls, it looks at surfaces and sees the heat radiating off of the surface. Radar literally can see through walls.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
There actually is a technology referred to as radar to look through walls.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ctr80a9PUkM

I thought FLIR could do it too, but looking into it, FLIR and IR are more about surface temp than looking through walls. FLIR easily makes "hot" houses stand out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZ-RIhiBtpE&list=PL3BebNhFHI26hSbivi0r0XhzjnAvJqDsk

The shit they use on the little people is unbelievable. Doesn't seem like they put that much effort into rich people moving millions around banks to avoid taxes. Weed is legal right? It's all about the taxes.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
There actually is a technology referred to as radar to look through walls.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ctr80a9PUkM

I thought FLIR could do it too, but looking into it, FLIR and IR are more about surface temp than looking through walls. FLIR easily makes "hot" houses stand out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZ-RIhiBtpE&list=PL3BebNhFHI26hSbivi0r0XhzjnAvJqDsk

The shit they use on the little people is unbelievable. Doesn't seem like they put that much effort into rich people moving millions around banks to avoid taxes. Weed is legal right? It's all about the taxes.

i've seen images from FLIR cameras where you could distinguish where in rooms/which rooms people were in, and other heat sources looked like the house was on fire. colder the weather, larger the difference in inside vs outside temps.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
AOH, I've seen those too but when I went digging on this couldn't turn them up.

antheis

Veteran
what is licensing if not a bribe and these growers didn't pay the bribe.
there is nothing new here except the people with guns now say, 'you can do this if you pay me first' instead of, 'if we catch you doing this we're locking you up'

Latest posts

Latest posts