What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How far from the plants do u hang LEDs ?

Hubbleman

Veteran
Some sites suggest 10 inches, some say over a meter.

What's it all about? Does it depend on the type of light?

Robinson

The optimum distance is 12 inches from plants. This is the best option, and so many argue. But, if you have a small power LEDs - then you need to hang closer, if more power - more. It is necessary to correctly vary the distance based on the power of your light, as this greatly affects the plant in the process of growing!

zappa66

I keep my qb around 14-18" off my scrog net, seems to be about right. My first grow with it I had colas stretched up to about 4" off the boards and got light bleaching.

Paddi

GanjaGrower
Veteran
I have three different LED-panels. Different output.
This works for me

picture.php

P :smoke:

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
The different LEDs ive got have different PAR readings comparatively when hung at any distance.. my lights are mostly all dimmable as well which complicates things.

12-24" is the range normally.. really high power LED rigs can go higher it just depends on the specifics of the light. A big wattage spyder rig or HLG will kick out so much PAR frequency light youd probably need them at over 24" unless your grow tech was shit hot.

You can get lux meters under 10$ that can help you get an idea of whether you're hanging at the right distance but also failing such obvious methods the plants will clearly tell you by stretching or getting heat stress..