What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Open Discussion: What sort of stickies do you want to see?

M

MrSterling

Thread says it all. The work on organics has been slow but it is moving. I'm going to draw up a new mulching sticky soon and wanted to get community input on what else is wanted.

VonBudí

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ
Veteran
The New & Improved [ROLS MEGATHREAD].

pesticides thread?

organics version of the DIY- LINK-O-RAMA,like an index, this forum is filled with a amazing threads, one thread listing them all would be better than a massive clogged up sticky section.

worming 101
Lacto Bacilli: process and discussion
bio char/terra preta threads

D

dogfishheadie

the ones I found most helpful / beneficial coming from the skill set of barely being able to keep a house plant a few months ago. ideally the sticky section would contain just about every important step in the organic process, from conception to finish.

a sticky with links of where to purchase some of the key things from would be nice. not sure with the site policy and all that jazz, but it would be convenient and could finally delete them from my bookmarks :hide:

TN&IROLSMT = the new & improved ROLS megathread
Making Organic Potting Soil
Worming 101
Living Mulch, just...live it?
Botanicals
Bio Char
Pest Controls.

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
Might sound dumb but one discussing water....RO, Tap, dechlorinated, go over everything and summarize which is best for organics. I'm sure most newbie organic gardeners don't realize how important it is that they dechlorinate their water first.

the ones I found most helpful / beneficial coming from the skill set of barely being able to keep a house plant a few months ago. ideally the sticky section would contain just about every important step in the organic process, from conception to finish.

a sticky with links of where to purchase some of the key things from would be nice. not sure with the site policy and all that jazz, but it would be convenient and could finally delete them from my bookmarks :hide:

TN&IROLSMT = the new & improved ROLS megathread
Making Organic Potting Soil
Worming 101
Living Mulch, just...live it?
Botanicals
Bio Char
Pest Controls.

Something like that pretty much; a synopsis of our current methods so that the people that wander in can quickly catch up. And a table of contents on the first page of the locked mega ROLS thread.

Greenheart

Veteran
In further support of what has been mentioned already by the others.

Environment friendly methods to source healthy soil base material. Ammending ingredients with ratios and how often for each? Where to locate ammendments in your local area and ecologically harvesting them. Composting methods thermal, wormbin, bokashi, others? Water sources. Establishing microcolonies,their types, and function. How to make teas. Foliar feeding. Organic treatments for pests and diseases. Beneficial insects and how to attract or source them. Living mulch.

al-k-mist

all of the above
maybee pick threads that cover all the bases in each,,,subcatagory. the basic soil thread, 101, that funtimes made is great for begining, and the back n forth has added a lot
so a thread, at least one, whose main ppoint is soil composition, pest management, composting ,and fermentation, teas, nutes, natural sources(with emphasis on using ethical and sustainable wildcrafting practices)
there is a lot of killler info here, with some organic gurus, and students that are pretty bright too. lots work choosing this, great job, sterling

MileHighGuy

Veteran
Compost Tea

Mycorrhizae

CEC

Reading Book List for Organics

Would like to see a sticky on some of what to avoid while on your organic quest....

Nothing Fringe Science or anything borderline, just proven misconceptions that people need to drop before fully appreciating organics.

PH
Flushing
Superthrive
Bottled Nutrients Organic or Not
Bagged Soil Mixes (Save money making better on your own)
Pro-Mix Bails (Buy Sphagnum bails instead... )
Liquid Kelp
Veganics
Etc...

intotheunknown

Veteran
I think I would like to see a compilation thread of different base and recycled soil mixes input from everyone around here in organics. Simply a thread containing awesome soil mixes.

Latest posts

Latest posts