What's new

Pest ID Help

I have these beige flea like bugs on my plants. they are smaller than a flea but can jump like one. they crawl on my plants leaves and stems but do not appear to be doing any damage. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what these are?
You should be able to see them in the pics, this is as close as I can get with my camera.

Attachments

• cbXqnh9WyiNOBHC2OJamieC1QSyICtCRiAW61Wg3yvQ.jpg
    cbXqnh9WyiNOBHC2OJamieC1QSyICtCRiAW61Wg3yvQ.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 5
  • alqGVKlPhqnLMgeq5q9pPo4Sjs_IC2G8dF6RHNCDpVA.jpg
    alqGVKlPhqnLMgeq5q9pPo4Sjs_IC2G8dF6RHNCDpVA.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 9
Sure as hell looks like thrips to me. They do cause serious damage. You can see some of the damage on the photo on the left/ whitish trail on the top of the leaf. Get a magnifying loupe on those and double check to make sure. 99% sure it's thrips though.

Spinosad is the only effective thing to get rid of them for good. Be careful, Spinosad is the nuclear bomb of organic growing. Consider yourself lucky, I battled those fuckers for well over a year before I was finally able to get rid of them. Neem will slow them down...spinosad will kill every last one.

RD

O

OrganicOzarks

I second thrips. I also second spinosad as the solution. Make sure to spray it at least twice 3-5 days apart. I do it 3 times 3 days apart, and they are gone. I actually just had two plants with them ,but caught it before they spread to the others. You have to always be on the look out for the white spots on the leaves. It stands out like Ted Nugent at Obama's Inauguration.:)

Check if there is spots under the leaves with a silverish tint if so its definitely thrips..
No I dont think any of those spots are under the leaf. These look like young thrips from the google images I searched. The pic of an adult thrip I have never seen in my garden so maybe something is killing them off before they can mature? The young ones have been on my plants for a while but like I said i have been getting some decent crops lately so i dont know how much of an effect they are having. Either way Im going to get some spinosad and hit my plants with them just to be safe.

The whitish/silverish usually appears on the top of the leaf. I've never seen an adult either...maybe stuck to my yellow or blue stickys? A blue sticky trap is about all you can do this far into flower. Thrips can usually first be spotted on the underside of a leaf first.

They are surely fucking up your yield. They are nasty little fuckers that you are most likely smoking. If you sprayed them now they would all hide out in the buds and then they would come out and party later.
Spray your veggers. I had a friend who let them get way out of control cycle after cycle, his last crop was cut in half as far as yield goes.

The whitish/silverish usually appears on the top of the leaf. I've never seen an adult either...maybe stuck to my yellow or blue stickys? A blue sticky trap is about all you can do this far into flower. Thrips can usually first be spotted on the underside of a leaf first.

They are surely fucking up your yield. They are nasty little fuckers that you are most likely smoking. If you sprayed them now they would all hide out in the buds and then they would come out and party later.
Spray your veggers. I had a friend who let them get way out of control cycle after cycle, his last crop was cut in half as far as yield goes.
I checked last night and saw none in my flower tent. I figured they got stuck to the buds. I sprayed yesterday and dont really see any moving since. Ill hit them again in a few days and hopefully my yields will be better. :) Thanks for the help!

I hope you mean you sprayed your veg plants? I wouldn't spray again w/ Spinosad unless you actually see the little fuckers on your plants still. Start spraying your plants as a preventative measure once or twice weekly with some Neem oil and a lil Dr Bronners...that's a good start anyway.