What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Grapefruit Fly Test Thread

Retardo Motabon

Seenyourmember:0
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Welcome to the Grapefruit Fly test thread!
Thanks for letting me take these for a test flight Mosca, its much appreciated.
The Grapefruit Fly seeds I recieved for this thread came in standard packaging, same as any purchased pack. All 10 seeds are being run at once so we can see how it flies and buzzes. The seeds are getting an overnight soak and will be transferred to pots once they've cracked or within 24 hours.
They will be sprouted in Light Warrior seed starting mix in 4" pots. Lighting will be from a 115W CFL and other flourescent to begin with.
Here's the first pics to start it off:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Thats it for now, updates to follow. Thanks again Mosca!
All my best,
RM

shaunmulok

Don't drink and drive home, Smoke dope and fly hom
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi Rm good to see you, cant wait to see these bad girls in your green hands
Getting my seat for the show
peace bro

Abja Roots

ABF(Always Be Flowering) - Founder
Veteran
Nice. Thanks for running these. I was excited when some of these got relisted and I was able to pick up a pack. No space to run them right now. Soon though hopefully.

I'll be keeping an eye on this. Good Luck :)

Retardo Motabon

ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks both of ya for checking in for a hello! Seeds are still soaking but will be planted in a few hours. three have a root tip showing, the rest haven't popped yet but into the light warrior seed starting mix they shall go.
RM

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
hell....YES....let the grapefruit....flow........SO glad U got these going ....RM
I'm here in line eaRLY FOR THE SHOW..........

Retardo Motabon

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Will do! Ha haa, havent thought of superfly snuka in a long time! Been awhile, good to see ya around bird.
Gfruit Flies are getting planted in 4" pots with Light Warrior mix and will reside under a 115W CFL for awhile, then under a 400mh once they are ready and when there is room for them. Thanks for pulling up a chair Shaun, Abja, Bogey, sleepy and abita!
RM

Irie_Lion

Free up the Herbs....Let the Sacrament grow!
Veteran
Count me in too....:) I have to grab a pack of these next time they are available on the bay.

tokinblackguy

i'm with you on this one too RM. i'll be starting the Mach Fly shortly and it will be fun to grow along with you, i always enjoy your threads bro.

G

Guest50138

Oldman is havin a grow along ,crack my grapfruit 10/10 poped.will be checkin in on this
thread, goodluck Retardo

R

ranneG

You just gotta check in on this once in a while right? We'll be thowing some good karma your way RM

RG

G

guest3901

i'l be following this one...sounds sweet!
im sure you'll do a excellent job!

Retardo Motabon

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey hey! Great to see more of you stopping by!
Welcome Seismic, Phillthy, Irie, Tokin, very oldman,ranneG, and arawn!
I see some surface disruption on some pots, seems some sprouts will show their faces soon!
all my best to ya all,
RM

sackoweed

I took anger management already!!!! FUCK!!!
Veteran
RetarD MotA
Howzit brother..?? Ill be chillen watchin this for sure.. I do admire your gardens good luck with this one... peace..

sack

Retardo Motabon

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well I got a couple more pics to add. I uncoveres one of the seeds that wasnt up yet and saw that is was a tad rotted on the edge. I pulled it out to examine and it and it wasnt a survivor. There is one other that hasnt come up either. Upon examination it had a bit of root tip peaking out. I cracked the shell a bit and it is intact. We'll see if it wakes up and lives for us.
The rest are all up and healthy. Here's the pics:
picture.php

picture.php

Have a great weekend everyone!
RM

S

Seismic

Looking good bro, too bad you had 1 rot on you, but at least you still have 9 left to play around with:joint:

Latest posts

Latest posts