You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Organic Soil > Round Infinity

Thread Title Search
Round Infinity Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-02-2015, 07:47 PM #11
Avinash.miles
Caregiver Extraordinaire

Avinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by EssentialGround View Post
ground chia eh? how long have you been using chia seeds?
just started putting them in soil.... got into eating chia seeds a while back, then got kinda sick of them & had a bag laying around just getting old, so decided to feed it to the soil.

filled up my cloning trays, hoping to preserve all these genetics before they are flipped, reveg may be very difficult in these beds, transplanting out of the beds or just giving one to a re-veg may not be an option.
also forgot to mention that the room is flipped; 12/12 started nov 30th.
Avinash.miles is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-02-2015, 08:12 PM #12
I wood

I wood has disabled reputation
Feeding chia seeds to the dirt is a way better idea than top dressing with them.
After soaking they get very slimy and go from slime to hard crusty layer pretty quick.
Wife bought a shitload of them, nobody wanted to eat them, in the dirt they will go.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-02-2015, 08:17 PM #13
Avinash.miles
Caregiver Extraordinaire

Avinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by I wood View Post
Feeding chia seeds to the dirt is a way better idea than top dressing with them.
After soaking they get very slimy and go from slime to hard crusty layer pretty quick.
Wife bought a shitload of them, nobody wanted to eat them, in the dirt they will go.
the chia is mixed into my topdress mix.... ground and whole. plus a thick layer of mulch over the topdress, so it all really just becomes part of the rhizosphere ideally.

I'm loving the CMH's i just got the wellthink ballasts using the mogul converter for the bulbs.... working great so far, hoping to pick up another (maybe one of the phantoms? maybe a cycloptics setup?) one soon and add it to one of the tents.

Old 12-02-2015, 08:27 PM #14
trichrider
THEORETICAL

trichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond repute
is this post taken?

trichrider is offline Quote

Old 12-03-2015, 06:14 PM #15
heady blunts
prescription blunts

heady blunts has a reputation beyond reputeheady blunts has a reputation beyond reputeheady blunts has a reputation beyond reputeheady blunts has a reputation beyond reputeheady blunts has a reputation beyond reputeheady blunts has a reputation beyond reputeheady blunts has a reputation beyond reputeheady blunts has a reputation beyond reputeheady blunts has a reputation beyond reputeheady blunts has a reputation beyond reputeheady blunts has a reputation beyond repute
chia seed pudding---that's how i use em. just pour in some milk and honey and the insides of a vanilla bean and in a couple hours you have weird pudding that's strangely delish.

you can really use any liquid and flavoring. smashed banana with hemp milk is awesome.

<3.F.U.C.K.E.M.F.A.M.<3
heady blunts is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-03-2015, 06:50 PM #16
Avinash.miles
Caregiver Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by heady blunts View Post
chia seed pudding---that's how i use em. just pour in some milk and honey and the insides of a vanilla bean and in a couple hours you have weird pudding that's strangely delish.

you can really use any liquid and flavoring. smashed banana with hemp milk is awesome.
upon first reading, i wasn't sure if you were going to feed the milk and honey and vanilla chia mix to your soil or to yourself.
that does sound scrumptious, kinda wish i hadn't given them all to the soil now....

did some transplanting last nite, separated all my little aloe plants & spider plant spiders so they can propagate quicker, rosemary and time went from 1 gal to 3 gal, put some ganja plants from 1 gals into 3 gals.
also added more worms to my soil, dug small holes thru the topcoat layer and dropped handfulls of worm bin material into the holes, then re-covered with topcoat mix and mulch over that.

Last edited by Avinash.miles; 12-05-2015 at 03:46 AM..

Old 12-03-2015, 06:57 PM #17
MR_Falcon

MR_Falcon is just really niceMR_Falcon is just really niceMR_Falcon is just really niceMR_Falcon is just really niceMR_Falcon is just really niceMR_Falcon is just really niceMR_Falcon is just really niceMR_Falcon is just really niceMR_Falcon is just really niceMR_Falcon is just really nice
I started drinking kombucha & had one w/ chia seeds... never again. can't wait to check out the grow, always putting on a great show. good luck

@shabamgoddam on instagram
MR_Falcon is offline Quote

Old 12-03-2015, 08:23 PM #18
Avinash.miles
Caregiver Extraordinaire

so anyone adding kombucha scoby to their soil?
last round i poured my leftover GT's kombucha remnants (little bits of solids in the bottom, which given time more sugar liquid turn to more scoby layers) to my soil, no ill effects i could tell.... scobies were pretty much gone or unnoticeable by harvest time (at least 5 weeks). im curious if there is a better way to make use of them?
can't remember who, but someone here on icmag brought up the idea of dropping scoby on the soil/compost, so i gave it a try.

Last edited by Avinash.miles; 12-07-2015 at 06:39 AM..

Old 12-04-2015, 03:03 AM #19
EssentialGround

EssentialGround has a spectacular aura aboutEssentialGround has a spectacular aura aboutEssentialGround has a spectacular aura aboutEssentialGround has a spectacular aura about
You should companion plant with beneficial fungi when you use grains or seeds as soil food....Nice move, thanks for sharing..

EG
EssentialGround is offline Quote

Old 12-04-2015, 03:40 AM #20
LostTribe

LostTribe has much to be proud ofLostTribe has much to be proud ofLostTribe has much to be proud ofLostTribe has much to be proud ofLostTribe has much to be proud ofLostTribe has much to be proud ofLostTribe has much to be proud ofLostTribe has much to be proud ofLostTribe has much to be proud ofLostTribe has much to be proud ofLostTribe has much to be proud of
cant wait to see the results good luck!
LostTribe is offline Quote