You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Organic Soil > Microscopy

Thread Title Search
Microscopy Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-09-2013, 10:34 PM #21
foomar
Luddite

foomar has much to be proud offoomar has much to be proud offoomar has much to be proud offoomar has much to be proud offoomar has much to be proud offoomar has much to be proud offoomar has much to be proud offoomar has much to be proud offoomar has much to be proud offoomar has much to be proud offoomar has much to be proud of
Even if you never use it to examine microfauna and bacteria , its a wonderfull thing to have around if you have children or grandchildren , and one of the best presents you could give an intelligent child.

My old scopes have been passed around and started a few scientists along the way , get them off the playstation and give them a sense of wonder and exploration that hopefully lasts.

Dont give them a cheap nasty toy as it will put them off for life , second hand of solid build is best option , worse they can do is wind an objective through a slide and they learn fast young.
foomar is offline Quote

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-12-2013, 12:15 AM #22
danielJackson

danielJackson is on a distinguished road
Thank you for this great thread! Here is a link to a short video about choosing a microscope for soil biology; as far as I could tell all of the info was consistent with what MM recommends.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSLWx-u_b1I

After learning from both sources I have still been having some trouble actually finding a scope for a decent price with all the required features.

Any recommendations on a source that will let you mix and match the lenses to get you what you want?

Either that or a model that actually comes with what we need, without much extra. I don't plan on using the scope for things other then gardening. The camera sounds cool, but I don't want it if it is crappy.
danielJackson is offline Quote

Old 08-12-2013, 03:02 AM #23
Microbeman
The Logical Gardener

Microbeman has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielJackson View Post
Thank you for this great thread! Here is a link to a short video about choosing a microscope for soil biology; as far as I could tell all of the info was consistent with what MM recommends.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSLWx-u_b1I

After learning from both sources I have still been having some trouble actually finding a scope for a decent price with all the required features.

Any recommendations on a source that will let you mix and match the lenses to get you what you want?

Either that or a model that actually comes with what we need, without much extra. I don't plan on using the scope for things other then gardening. The camera sounds cool, but I don't want it if it is crappy.
You must be kidding? There is a link within this very thread. I'm not allowed to post it because it is my site.

"When the facts change, I change my mind.
What do you do, sir?"
"Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone."
~John Maynard Keynes~
Sorry: No questions by PM, check my webpage

Microbeman is offline Quote

Old 08-12-2013, 03:50 AM #24
vonforne

The site

Old 08-12-2013, 03:55 AM #25
siftedunity
cant re Member

siftedunity has much to be proud ofsiftedunity has much to be proud ofsiftedunity has much to be proud ofsiftedunity has much to be proud ofsiftedunity has much to be proud ofsiftedunity has much to be proud ofsiftedunity has much to be proud ofsiftedunity has much to be proud ofsiftedunity has much to be proud ofsiftedunity has much to be proud ofsiftedunity has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugJar View Post
No offense MM just wondering why this is a sticky.

what percentage of people here do you think use microscopes?
seeing as some pests are microscopic, im guessing many member will purchase one at some point!
siftedunity is offline Quote

Old 08-12-2013, 10:05 AM #26
BugJar

search me? results turned out to be illuminating for certain

without A SINGLE discussion of Hemocytometers, proper cell counting techniques and staining methods, These microscopes people are recommending/buying are about as helpful to gardening as a telescope.

Sometimes we all need a reality check.

You are not a scientist. Your Methods are extremely sloppy. Any evidence you have presented must be discounted as anecdotal at best. And your contextual references to yourself as a microbiological/microcosmic god are narcissistic and laughable.

You NEED to seriously re-evaluate the way you represent our culture, science, and yourself.

I am sorry but things have got to change for the good of everyone. I say all of this with love and respect.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-12-2013, 06:08 PM #27
DARC MIND
Banned

DARC MIND is just really niceDARC MIND is just really niceDARC MIND is just really niceDARC MIND is just really niceDARC MIND is just really niceDARC MIND is just really niceDARC MIND is just really niceDARC MIND is just really niceDARC MIND is just really niceDARC MIND is just really niceDARC MIND is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymousgrow View Post
. How does one truly attempt the make good compost or tea without one? I am genuinely curious if people have means of testing the content of compost tea without a microscope.
our senses help, visual decomposers and or hyphae , rich humus earthy aroma, moist but not soaked to touch, darc black in color are good signs of quality compost to active humus

proper air,water & feeds makes this

plenty of tutorials on going about, most kats go beyond simple compost tea but that's another story

yet the results is were I think what matters most

imo growing this plant, is a lot easier then many of these forums make it out to be.. some enjoy seeing this as a art form were others a science

some go about working with wholes & synthesizing
others do fine by analyzing & separating individual parts
DARC MIND is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-12-2013, 07:46 PM #28
anonymousgrow

anonymousgrow is a jewel in the roughanonymousgrow is a jewel in the roughanonymousgrow is a jewel in the roughanonymousgrow is a jewel in the roughanonymousgrow is a jewel in the roughanonymousgrow is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by DARC MIND View Post
our senses help, visual decomposers and or hyphae , rich humus earthy aroma, moist but not soaked to touch, darc black in color are good signs of quality compost to active humus
View Image

View Image

proper air,water & feeds makes this
View Image
plenty of tutorials on going about, most kats go beyond simple compost tea but that's another story

yet the results is were I think what matters most
View Image View Image
imo growing this plant, is a lot easier then many of these forums make it out to be.. some enjoy seeing this as a art form were others a science

some go about working with wholes & synthesizing
others do fine by analyzing & separating individual parts
Hey man,
Thanks for the response.
I agree we can see and smell good compost to an extent, but I have seen some nasty reduced waste full of actinobacteria that the gardener though was great compost because of its dark color and the layers of actinobacteria were mistaken for fungal hyphae.

How do you identify if there are adequate predetors in your compost ie protists?

And as far as compost teas go, I would, say most of the recipes and brewers I see on this site all have the same problem. Not enough DO and too much food. I can't tell unless I use a DO meter or a microscope preferably a microscope; maybe scent to some degree. What do you think?

Current Grow
anonymousgrow is offline Quote

Old 08-12-2013, 09:05 PM #29
DARC MIND
Banned

DARC MIND is just really niceDARC MIND is just really niceDARC MIND is just really niceDARC MIND is just really niceDARC MIND is just really niceDARC MIND is just really niceDARC MIND is just really niceDARC MIND is just really niceDARC MIND is just really niceDARC MIND is just really niceDARC MIND is just really nice
i honestly don't stress on IDing individual parts nor think ACT if done wrong is necessarily going to kill plants.. people make poop tea with no care what so ever about the life in and do just fine
its all over the boards!

thers many websites and detailed information dedicated to methods of going about compost, vermicomposting and all that.

that was the hands on approach i took and my results maynot be scientific valued but that never was the point to begin with

imho
most guru's stressing quality compost imo can tell its good with out fancy gadgets just like we can grow a "weed" with out a ec,tds etc
DARC MIND is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-12-2013, 11:33 PM #30
OrganicOzarks

You will never know if you compost tea is "high quality" without a scope. There is no question of this. It is a fact.

3 members found this post helpful.