Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Organic Soil > Organic Pest/Dieases IPM 101

Thread Title Search
Organic Pest/Dieases IPM 101 Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-26-2013, 09:34 PM #31
Neo 420

Neo 420 is just really niceNeo 420 is just really niceNeo 420 is just really niceNeo 420 is just really niceNeo 420 is just really niceNeo 420 is just really niceNeo 420 is just really niceNeo 420 is just really niceNeo 420 is just really niceNeo 420 is just really nice
The ornamentals I sprayed with the neem concoction seems to have deterred the ant. A few days later, still no ants... Now I am going to spray some of my veggies (specially strawberries - something is eating their leaves)

Old 05-17-2013, 11:39 PM #32
Durdy

Bump!

What rates per gallon are people using the Dr.Bronners products?

I took a quick re read through the thread and couldn't find the info although I thought I recalled it being here....

Thanks

Old 05-18-2013, 12:24 AM #33
Weird
3rd eye jedi

Weird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivor
does neem cake tea effect pistils in flower? the neem oil I have gets very little use because of the residual, I was wondering if the tea eliminates this?

thank you in advance.

WWDLBD

WW1.618D

Quote:
The shape it takes could be yours to choose

What you may win, what you may lose
Sativa is manna from heaven - BLueGrassToker

Ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cured - Ureapwhatusow

nobody every told me i found out for myself, you've got to believe in foolish miracles - o. osborne

Although the masters make the rules
For the wise men and the fools
I got nothing, Ma, to live up to - b. Dylan
Weird is offline Quote

Old 05-19-2013, 05:53 PM #34
Weird
3rd eye jedi

Weird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivor
took a leap of faith

make 1/2 cup need meal 1/4 cup kelp meal and tsp silica

bubbled 16-18 hours ph was approx 7 at application did not test prior

straight watered all plants, saturated pots and then topped off each one with 2 cups of neem meal tea and did a foliar with a 6th strength version of the same

gotta be honest i like the smell of neem oil better, and really normally like to use stuff that I like the smell, taste (if possible) texture, look, etc of.

I like the smell of kelp I like the feel of castings i like the taste of molasses so i tend to gravitate to amendments I find biocompatible or at least attractive to one of my senses

not necessarily for good reason just seems to be the way it has worked for me, well see how it articulates in this experiment

WWDLBD

WW1.618D

Quote:

nobody every told me i found out for myself, you've got to believe in foolish miracles - o. osborne

Last edited by Weird; 05-20-2013 at 01:09 AM..
Weird is offline Quote

Old 05-19-2013, 06:55 PM #35
BlueJayWay

Weird - what neem meal/cake are you using?

Old 05-19-2013, 10:46 PM #36
Weird
3rd eye jedi

bought it in a white deli quart container so they must buy bulk and sell it in smaller containers

Smelt like puppy breath

WWDLBD

WW1.618D

Quote:

Weird is offline Quote

Old 05-20-2013, 02:54 AM #37
BlueJayWay

Was it certified organic?

I ask because for a long time I used Down To Earth brand, the color was bland and the smell of the tea was akin to vomit - pretty nasty.

Not organic

I switched to Ahimsa neem, certified organic, darkish red/brown in color with a very rich smell closer to bitter dark chocolate - I use less and its more effective, and the smell I've grown to like.

DTE neem seed meal is the byproduct of Dynagros neem oil

Ahimsa neem seed meal is a byproduct of their own neem oil production - both organic.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-20-2013, 02:57 AM #38
ClackamasCootz
Expired

ClackamasCootz is a name known to allClackamasCootz is a name known to allClackamasCootz is a name known to allClackamasCootz is a name known to allClackamasCootz is a name known to allClackamasCootz is a name known to allClackamasCootz is a name known to allClackamasCootz is a name known to allClackamasCootz is a name known to allClackamasCootz is a name known to allClackamasCootz is a name known to all
If the smell of the neem meal is not to your liking or even neem oil then karanja oil & meal might be a better choice.

As far as ease of mixing then karanja oil is definitely a good choice - not nearly as thick making it easier to measure and emulsify.

HTH

CC
ClackamasCootz is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-20-2013, 03:19 AM #39
Weird
3rd eye jedi

bjw - am not sure great question, it fairly certain all their amendments are certified since they advocate organics and everything with a label I shopped had it but I won't know till I ask. Thanks

cc - thanks for the advice, i was sold on your write up of neem meal so I am not going to abandon it just yet, Ill see how it effects the plants and take it from their.

It didn't smell putrid or foul, I just don't like it. I smelt it a few times to makes sure it was simply an organic smell i didn't like versus the smell of something that didn't smell just right

Who knows if my plants like it enough I might start liking the smell after all

WWDLBD

WW1.618D

Quote:

Weird is offline Quote

Old 05-20-2013, 03:33 AM #40
BlueJayWay

I use Karanja Oil and neem seed meal - best of both worlds lol

CC is right on the smell weird, neem and Karanja are 99.9% identical - easily interchangeable so you're not losing out with an 'either/or' type choice.

2 members found this post helpful.