Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Organic Soil > Anybody ever try "no till" in 3-5 gal. pots?

Thread Title Search
Anybody ever try "no till" in 3-5 gal. pots? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-29-2011, 09:45 PM #11
sunnydog
Drip King

sunnydog is just really nicesunnydog is just really nicesunnydog is just really nicesunnydog is just really nicesunnydog is just really nicesunnydog is just really nicesunnydog is just really nicesunnydog is just really nicesunnydog is just really nicesunnydog is just really nicesunnydog is just really nice
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by GanjaPharma View Post
not in soil but i do it in coir. if its uncool to post this because this is a soil thread i will delete it just PM me. (although i dont see why soil is any different in this instance)
also because i have been doing this for 8 or 9 crops running, i think its fair to say i grow in a 50/50 mix of coir and hemp roots. haha

one week after harvest, (10 day flush before that)
i take the dried out plant, cut the rootball out, pop another one in, fill in the gaps with some recycled coir.
the first watering after transplant does include a small dose of imidocloprid, started doing that a few years ago after root aphids.

otherwise its straight back to normal feeding.

Cutting out the old one

old roots, all the little roots are just part of the new coir

new plant 1 gallon pot

3 weeks from rooted clone

just needs a defol and ready to go

12 weeks later....chop and repeat.

and i should add that i have CROPS of some kind of mushrooms in my coir for the last few grows....whatever is going on in my medium, its more complex than it was when i brought that coir home.
I appreciate the input.
Your data builds the case this will work out as well or BETTER than "reprocessing" the soil.

I will,however, probably increase my pot size to at least a 5g, since if I don't have to fuck with several hundred gals. of soil, it is not really an issue any more.

This is good news.
I think this could make our lives a lot easier!

SD

Blumats! Automatic watering!

Vertical Blumat grow

Blumat adjustment procedure: (for soil)In a bucket ,fill and soak units under water for at LEAST an hour. Then screw on cap( nice and tight!) under water making sure not to trap any air.
Leave dripper line at ~8cm. long.
Give the pot a good watering.
Insert B/M snugly into nicely compacted soil(not too loose) .
Open till water comes out, carefully close until just a drop barely forms.
Tighten 1.75 - 2 Arrows
Adjust as necessary for a few days, then leave it alone!

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." ~ Unknown ~
sunnydog is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-29-2011, 09:49 PM #12
mad librettist
Banned

mad librettist is a name known to allmad librettist is a name known to allmad librettist is a name known to allmad librettist is a name known to allmad librettist is a name known to allmad librettist is a name known to allmad librettist is a name known to allmad librettist is a name known to allmad librettist is a name known to allmad librettist is a name known to allmad librettist is a name known to all
i like that he is using the old roots for structure. this is one of the ideas behind the living mulch.
mad librettist is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-29-2011, 10:50 PM #13
Truthbesaid

Truthbesaid is on a distinguished road
What do you guys top dress with?
"The goal of the Creator is for each entity to make a conscious choice to again seek Oneness, out of our own free will – not because anyone else forced us to. If we are told what to do and what to believe, then we have learned nothing and will not make any progress. Perhaps the single most basic realization to make is that we live in a loving Universe. If we are all One Being, then it is foolish for us to hate anyone, as we are only hating ourselves."

- David Wilcock
Truthbesaid is offline Quote

Old 05-29-2011, 10:52 PM #14
mad librettist
Banned

mad librettist is a name known to allmad librettist is a name known to allmad librettist is a name known to allmad librettist is a name known to allmad librettist is a name known to allmad librettist is a name known to allmad librettist is a name known to allmad librettist is a name known to allmad librettist is a name known to allmad librettist is a name known to allmad librettist is a name known to all
worm castings, azomite (sorry clack), crab meal, biotone, kelp

and deadfall.
mad librettist is offline Quote

Old 05-29-2011, 10:57 PM #15
soil margin

soil margin is just really nicesoil margin is just really nicesoil margin is just really nicesoil margin is just really nicesoil margin is just really nicesoil margin is just really nicesoil margin is just really nicesoil margin is just really nicesoil margin is just really nicesoil margin is just really nicesoil margin is just really nice
Assuming you have a high quality medium that is full of living organisms, well aerated and nutrient rich, I don't see why this would cause a problem.
soil margin is offline Quote

Old 05-30-2011, 01:29 AM #16
guest2012y
Living with the soil

guest2012y is a glorious beacon of lightguest2012y is a glorious beacon of lightguest2012y is a glorious beacon of lightguest2012y is a glorious beacon of lightguest2012y is a glorious beacon of lightguest2012y is a glorious beacon of lightguest2012y is a glorious beacon of lightguest2012y is a glorious beacon of lightguest2012y is a glorious beacon of lightguest2012y is a glorious beacon of lightguest2012y is a glorious beacon of light
Here's a plant in a 5 gallon no-till. All good.

Topsoil in the soil mix
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=153542

Provider for cardholders organic medicine and organic medicated edibles..."we're primed and we're ready to go toe to toe with disease"
guest2012y is offline Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-02-2011, 09:21 AM #17
WPA

WPA is on a distinguished road
Im sort of doing this with a plant out doors. This winter I did a breeding run and stuck all the pots outside when I was done, and in 3 of the pots seeds must have fallen into them and sprouted up... 2 of them I re potted and they got eaten by slugs :( but the third is still in the original pot and doing well!

Hope its female and I have an extra plant come harvest!
WPA is offline Quote

Old 07-05-2017, 02:08 PM #18
Bongi

Bongi is on a distinguished road
I know this is old thread but I am testing 1.5l, 2l, 3l, 10.8l, and 12l no till containers. Everything is going fine at this moment in 3l and up containers. I dont have mother plant that I can use to get cuttings to 1.5l containers yet. The seeds that I use to get mother have germinated some time ago and are growing first set of true leaves, few are growing second ones. I will post pictures of containers and plants in them when I get my other pc. (Today or tomorrow)

Plants in 3l and up containers are autoflowering type. Sour60, White Widow, Northern Lights, Amnesia Haze and Ripley's OG.
2 of them have showed sex and is flowering, 4 have just germinated and 3 are growing maybe 3th or 4th set of true leaves.
Plants in 1.5l containers will be photoperiodic. I have not chosen which strain. I think I just choose most vigorous one out of all photoperiodic plants.

Have any one else tried micro no till? How did it go? I think that it has to work. There is so much microscopic life in small amount of soil.
Bongi is offline Quote

Old 07-05-2017, 02:38 PM #19
heady blunts
prescription blunts

heady blunts has a brilliant futureheady blunts has a brilliant futureheady blunts has a brilliant futureheady blunts has a brilliant futureheady blunts has a brilliant futureheady blunts has a brilliant futureheady blunts has a brilliant futureheady blunts has a brilliant futureheady blunts has a brilliant futureheady blunts has a brilliant futureheady blunts has a brilliant future
i was attempting to flower in 2 gallon grow bags last winter and it was headache after headache. i gave up after 4 runs w constant issues.

fwiw ive kept moms and vegging plants in 1/2 gallon and 2 gallon no tills for several cycles without issue. topping off with awesome homemade castings at transplant time.

both experiences were in coot style mixes.

i think larger soil volumes are more stable and forgiving.

<3.F.U.C.K.E.M.F.A.M.<3
heady blunts is offline Quote

Old 07-05-2017, 03:05 PM #20
Bongi

Bongi is on a distinguished road
How long did you veg your plants? What kind of problems you encountered? Nutrient problems?

My plants seems to be happy in their pots. But they were transplanted into them few days ago and this is first cycle.
Only thing that bothers me is heat stress that at least biggest Sour 60 is experiencing.

I plan to keep my mothers in party cups if it works out. If they start to seem stressed I will transplant them into 1,8l containers. I hope I can keep them in party cups at least until I have flowered clone of them so that I can choose best ones other ways they may take too much space.
Bongi is offline Quote