Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Organic Soil > 10 min $10 DIY aerated compost tea ACT brewer

Thread Title Search
10 min $10 DIY aerated compost tea ACT brewer Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-28-2011, 06:53 PM #41
Microbeman
The Logical Gardener

Microbeman has disabled reputation
My microbulator 50 would have used a cone bottom tank except for the fact that I was trying to develop an affordable brewer to ship and that could be used with a standard size 55 gallon barrel. There is a 1000 gallon brewer using a cone bottom tank which I designed a couple of years ago operating on a 1200 acre Texas farm.

There are actually quite a number of cone bottom tanks being used for brewers on the market. I believe heady blunts(?) posted a link to one in the thread where he talked about his brewer.

"When the facts change, I change my mind.
What do you do, sir?"
"Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone."
~John Maynard Keynes~
Sorry: No questions by PM, check my webpage

Microbeman is offline Quote

Old 01-28-2011, 06:59 PM #42
jaykush
dirty black hands

jaykush is a glorious beacon of lightjaykush is a glorious beacon of lightjaykush is a glorious beacon of lightjaykush is a glorious beacon of lightjaykush is a glorious beacon of lightjaykush is a glorious beacon of lightjaykush is a glorious beacon of lightjaykush is a glorious beacon of lightjaykush is a glorious beacon of lightjaykush is a glorious beacon of lightjaykush is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
I almost bought a ball valve but didn't. I still might add one.
i highly recommend it, it just makes the brewer that much better. i put together a 55 gallon cone bottom brewer not long ago, the valve makes tea application a breeze. if you can have the brewer at a higher elevation to the watering surface, you can hook up a hose and have water pressure for watering. making for the easiest application possible. least damage to the microlife as well.

Old 01-28-2011, 07:06 PM #43
Scrogerman

Scrogerman is just really niceScrogerman is just really niceScrogerman is just really niceScrogerman is just really niceScrogerman is just really niceScrogerman is just really niceScrogerman is just really niceScrogerman is just really niceScrogerman is just really niceScrogerman is just really niceScrogerman is just really nice
V-Cool! I want one!

Old 01-28-2011, 07:19 PM #44
Clackamas Coot

Clackamas Coot is a glorious beacon of lightClackamas Coot is a glorious beacon of lightClackamas Coot is a glorious beacon of lightClackamas Coot is a glorious beacon of lightClackamas Coot is a glorious beacon of lightClackamas Coot is a glorious beacon of lightClackamas Coot is a glorious beacon of lightClackamas Coot is a glorious beacon of lightClackamas Coot is a glorious beacon of lightClackamas Coot is a glorious beacon of lightClackamas Coot is a glorious beacon of light
Stankie

These tanks are used in a wide variety of industries like food packaging. A company in Eugene ferments and brews soy sauce(s). Once the fermentation is finished the liquid is pumped through a filter system and then it's pumped into these huge cone bottom tanks that feed into the bottling system.

I've seen them used on small farms for water storage for livestock, watering systems (drip and other systems using inline fertilizer injectors), etc.

The shipping costs are bad enough for the actual tanks but when you add one of the pre-made stands the price is friggin' crazy!

CC
Upon pillars of salt and pillars of sand
Clackamas Coot is offline Quote

Old 01-28-2011, 08:15 PM #45
CT Guy

Looks good to me, nice job on the craftsmanship!

Old 01-28-2011, 08:23 PM #46
Clackamas Coot

Clackamas Coot is a glorious beacon of lightClackamas Coot is a glorious beacon of lightClackamas Coot is a glorious beacon of lightClackamas Coot is a glorious beacon of lightClackamas Coot is a glorious beacon of lightClackamas Coot is a glorious beacon of lightClackamas Coot is a glorious beacon of lightClackamas Coot is a glorious beacon of lightClackamas Coot is a glorious beacon of lightClackamas Coot is a glorious beacon of lightClackamas Coot is a glorious beacon of light
Stankie

Let me know if you get the ball valve deal figured out. I may need to pick your brain for a project.

I ordered 24 gallons of organic neem oil and 24 gallons of organic karanja oil yesterday. The plan is to mix the 2 oils in equal parts and bottle it in 1 quart/liter bottles. The folks behind this are securing the licensing rights to sell this under a DBA and it's actually a pretty straight forward process as long as the words 'Parker Group India' appears on the label prominently. Parker Group is the company that controls the neem tree industry in India both domestically as well as export markets.

Using a 100 gallon tank like this would make the bottling process pretty easy without incurring a huge expense. Then again it's not my money so I really don't have a horse in the race. Spend away boys!

CC

Old 01-28-2011, 08:39 PM #47
CT Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clackamas Coot View Post
Stankie

Let me know if you get the ball valve deal figured out. I may need to pick your brain for a project.

I ordered 24 gallons of organic neem oil and 24 gallons of organic karanja oil yesterday. The plan is to mix the 2 oils in equal parts and bottle it in 1 quart/liter bottles. The folks behind this are securing the licensing rights to sell this under a DBA and it's actually a pretty straight forward process as long as the words 'Parker Group India' appears on the label prominently. Parker Group is the company that controls the neem tree industry in India both domestically as well as export markets.

Using a 100 gallon tank like this would make the bottling process pretty easy without incurring a huge expense. Then again it's not my money so I really don't have a horse in the race. Spend away boys!

CC
You know we have a ton of different tanks in all sizes and shapes that already are fitted with valves. Give me a call if I can help! Ordered the sample pack #2 from neemresource.com. Seems like a great company!

Old 01-28-2011, 08:42 PM #48
Clackamas Coot

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Guy View Post
You know we have a ton of different tanks in all sizes and shapes that already are fitted with valves. Give me a call if I can help! Ordered the sample pack #2 from neemresource.com. Seems like a great company!
CT Guy

That sounds like a better plan!

Ms. Rau is a great individual and runs her company well. She's also a wealth of information about using neem tree products in several areas.

The sample packs are definitely the best value for one's dollar.

CC

Old 01-28-2011, 09:04 PM #49
schwagg

wow great job stankie!! i think i found another project.

cc, that neem BLOWS any other neem sold here in the states away! thanks for that!

Old 01-28-2011, 09:10 PM #50
Clackamas Coot

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwagg View Post

cc, that neem BLOWS any other neem sold here in the states away! thanks for that!
It is definitely head & shoulders above anything that I've found. I have a gallon of neem oil produced in Florida. Fair price and since it's a small farmer I am interested in seeing his products.

He's got the bark and leaves like NeemResource.com as well as some other interesting products like freeze-dried aloe vera.

CC