Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Organic Soil > 10 min $10 DIY aerated compost tea ACT brewer

Thread Title Search
10 min $10 DIY aerated compost tea ACT brewer Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-10-2011, 02:06 AM #11
Microbeman
The Logical Gardener

Microbeman has disabled reputation
I don't like the goofy shit they pull with the vortex website where you hafta fill in their form to get information - we promise not to sell your info - honest! I hope the recipient of the money from the sales of that brewer is Steven Storch because that is his design plain and simple.

"When the facts change, I change my mind.
What do you do, sir?"
"Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone."
~John Maynard Keynes~
Sorry: No questions by PM, check my webpage
Microbeman is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-10-2011, 02:12 AM #12
Microbeman
The Logical Gardener

Microbeman has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanlives View Post
so its the same principle as a waterfarm?? very nice
Do you mean an air lift water tower for aerating a fish tank/pond? This type of system has been used for years for that purpose and air lifts were first used (as far as I know) by Egyptians. I just came up with an idea to simplify Storche's design. I've got one 1000 gallon version operating on a farm in Texas which uses the cone bottom.

Edit: Okay, just looked up waterfarm; ya similar

"When the facts change, I change my mind.
What do you do, sir?"
"Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone."
~John Maynard Keynes~
Sorry: No questions by PM, check my webpage
Microbeman is offline Quote

Old 01-10-2011, 02:23 AM #13
ganjasuiteseat
universal at least

ganjasuiteseat has a spectacular aura aboutganjasuiteseat has a spectacular aura aboutganjasuiteseat has a spectacular aura aboutganjasuiteseat has a spectacular aura about
this is ivforation gold

Old 01-10-2011, 06:02 AM #14
CannaExists
Paint Your DreamStrain

CannaExists is a jewel in the roughCannaExists is a jewel in the roughCannaExists is a jewel in the roughCannaExists is a jewel in the roughCannaExists is a jewel in the roughCannaExists is a jewel in the roughCannaExists is a jewel in the rough
Looks awesome man, thanks for the inspiration. Anyone and everyone can benefit from the addition of some well-brewed compost teas.

Old 01-10-2011, 06:16 AM #15
Aardwolf

Aardwolf has disabled reputation
Nice work k+.

Sometimes you can over-complicate things.

I use 9" flat air-stones. I have used a ceramic and metal diffusers before.

Anyone taking a look under a microscope at tea?
Aardwolf is offline Quote

Old 01-10-2011, 03:35 PM #16
mad librettist
Banned

mad librettist is a name known to allmad librettist is a name known to allmad librettist is a name known to allmad librettist is a name known to allmad librettist is a name known to allmad librettist is a name known to allmad librettist is a name known to allmad librettist is a name known to allmad librettist is a name known to allmad librettist is a name known to allmad librettist is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aardwolf View Post
Nice work, I think you can overcomplicate things I use 9" flat air-stones in a bin/water-but I have used a ceramic/metal defuse-er before but I like the build up on the stones its just life!!

Anyone test the strength of there tea? How? Do you brew different for different things?
Heya Aardwolf.

Testing a tea for "strength" would be a waste of time, but observing it under a microscope tells you what you need to know.

What you look for under the scope is diversity, integrity, balance, and activity.

Your average aquarium pump with airstones can only brew about half a quart with any kind of consistency.
mad librettist is offline Quote

Old 01-10-2011, 05:33 PM #17
heady blunts
prescription blunts

heady blunts has a brilliant futureheady blunts has a brilliant futureheady blunts has a brilliant futureheady blunts has a brilliant futureheady blunts has a brilliant futureheady blunts has a brilliant futureheady blunts has a brilliant futureheady blunts has a brilliant futureheady blunts has a brilliant futureheady blunts has a brilliant futureheady blunts has a brilliant future
ya i found the airstones worked well for the first run, i got a great brew, but they got real gunked up real fast, and even scrubbing the shit outta them didn't help. they were killing the output of my already wimpy air pump, so they had to go.

also i really wanted a set up where i could add loose medium, rather than bag it up.

you can add a bag to this set up, but you'll need to get another pump and plumb it into your tea bag to agitate from within.

<3.F.U.C.K.E.M.F.A.M.<3
heady blunts is offline Quote

Old 01-10-2011, 06:04 PM #18
mad librettist
Banned

mad librettist is a name known to allmad librettist is a name known to allmad librettist is a name known to allmad librettist is a name known to allmad librettist is a name known to allmad librettist is a name known to allmad librettist is a name known to allmad librettist is a name known to allmad librettist is a name known to allmad librettist is a name known to allmad librettist is a name known to all
If you always keep it going, (clean between brews), a half quart milk jug, a small pump, and tubing with no airstone is all you need for a large personal/small medical grow. I keep mine in the kitchen next to my worm bin bag.. I can brew up to 3 quarts a week like this, which I dilute 1:1 for a gallon and a half of tea weekly, enough to hit all my plants including ornamentals every other week. I hit the foliage, then I just moisten the top few layers using a sprayer, and finish watering with straight water. Plants that look off get a full soaking with undiluted tea.

I have yet to make a bad brew like this (i check my work with a microscope).
mad librettist is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:47 AM #19
heady blunts
prescription blunts

heady blunts has a brilliant futureheady blunts has a brilliant futureheady blunts has a brilliant futureheady blunts has a brilliant futureheady blunts has a brilliant futureheady blunts has a brilliant futureheady blunts has a brilliant futureheady blunts has a brilliant futureheady blunts has a brilliant futureheady blunts has a brilliant futureheady blunts has a brilliant future
second brew finished up today. damn i wish i had a microscope!

after 36 hours

this is after a few minutes of settling after i took out the apparatus

<3.F.U.C.K.E.M.F.A.M.<3
heady blunts is offline Quote

Old 01-11-2011, 03:53 PM #20
Stankie

I know this is a big request, but I was wondering if you could include a video of your design in action. I would like to see the 'motion of the ocean' so to speak.

I have a fairly well built 5 gallon design, IMO, but was thinking of down-scaling a design for winter brewing. I usually don't grow cannabis during the summer months, and firing up the 5 gallon brewer during the winter is a hassle. So is trying to keep the tea at proper brewing temp when it is 35 degrees in my garage. The 'commercial' pump I have literally shakes my house, so that's why I confine it to the garage.