You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Organic Soil > Organics for Beginners

Thread Title Search
Organics for Beginners Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-18-2018, 07:11 PM #5621
BurnOne
No damn given.

BurnOne has a brilliant futureBurnOne has a brilliant futureBurnOne has a brilliant futureBurnOne has a brilliant futureBurnOne has a brilliant futureBurnOne has a brilliant futureBurnOne has a brilliant futureBurnOne has a brilliant futureBurnOne has a brilliant futureBurnOne has a brilliant futureBurnOne has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrkline006 View Post
Do you have to cook both recipes? I dont really have the space/time to do so..
"Cooking" does NOT mean to add heat! Room temperature so the bacteria can eat and multiply is what you seek. Telperatures below 35 degrees F or above 120 degrees F are not good. This is not like brewing black tea.
Burn1
It's 4:20 somewhere. Time to Burn1.

Bullshit! There's no need to flush organics. -Bongaloid

pH meter? We don't need no stinking pH meter!

BurnOne is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-22-2018, 06:53 PM #5622
Metatron
Transient Jet Lagged Ecto Mimed Bison

Metatron will become famous soon enough
Hello All, been awhile since I've posted. I'm planning an outdoor season and wanted to know if I need to make any modifications for organic mixes? Most people in this thread seem to be doing indoor.

The plan is to use grow bags either 5 gallon or 10 gallon. TIA

Old 02-23-2018, 04:45 AM #5623
Bona Fortuna

Bona Fortuna will become famous soon enoughBona Fortuna will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metatron View Post
Hello All, been awhile since I've posted. I'm planning an outdoor season and wanted to know if I need to make any modifications for organic mixes? Most people in this thread seem to be doing indoor.

No modifications really need to be made. Just be diligent as you would with an indoor plant. Spend time with them, give them teas when they ask for it.
As mentioned in the first couple of pages, be prepared for critters to be curious if using bone/blood meals.
My two cents, go with the 10 gal or more if you have the area for it.
More, health root mass lends itself to more, healthy foliage.
Bona Fortuna is offline Quote

Old 02-23-2018, 05:34 AM #5624
Metatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bona Fortuna View Post
No modifications really need to be made. Just be diligent as you would with an indoor plant. Spend time with them, give them teas when they ask for it.
As mentioned in the first couple of pages, be prepared for critters to be curious if using bone/blood meals.
My two cents, go with the 10 gal or more if you have the area for it.
More, health root mass lends itself to more, healthy foliage.
Thanks for the input, last time I tried some organic soil the local shops had nothing more than basic bone and blood meal. Now... all the good stuff is available: alfalfa, crab shell, oyster shell, rock dust and many good others.

Old 02-23-2018, 04:58 PM #5625
Bona Fortuna

Bona Fortuna will become famous soon enoughBona Fortuna will become famous soon enough
You're very welcome.
For the most part bone/blood meal COULD get a plant through harvest if you are on a budget.
Bona Fortuna is offline Quote

Old 02-23-2018, 09:39 PM #5626
Metatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bona Fortuna View Post
You're very welcome.
For the most part bone/blood meal COULD get a plant through harvest if you are on a budget.
It sure can, visited a friend in Hawaii and smoked his homegrown. Soil, bone and blood only. Some of the best outdoor I've smoked.

Old 04-03-2018, 10:42 AM #5627
BicycleJoe

BicycleJoe is on a distinguished road
Hello Folks new indoor grower here. I am running LOS. I am here because of Clack and Mountain Organics thread on another forum. I go by the forum names Theophrastus and Paracelsus elsewhere, since those names are taken here I am using my RL nickname Bicycle Joe. This is my second post here.

I need a quick answer about the Veg light period. Since day 1 my lights have been on 24/7 but this afternoon I have a visitor coming for a housing inspection. I have once every 3 years. I want to put the plants in the closet while they are here.

5 hours at the most.

In the unlikely event they arrive on time it could be as little as 15 minutes until they leave. They are giving me a 5 hour window in the afternoon when they will arrive.

What I want to do is put them back on 24/7 as soon as they leave.

1) Will that stress the plants?
2). Will the plant at just less than 26 days above ground go into flower with 5 hours or less of total darkness?
3) Lastly can I go back to 24/7 or do I have to stay on 19/5

​​​​​​​thank you friends
BicycleJoe is offline Quote

Old 04-03-2018, 08:16 PM #5628
PaulieWaulie

PaulieWaulie is just really nicePaulieWaulie is just really nicePaulieWaulie is just really nicePaulieWaulie is just really nicePaulieWaulie is just really nicePaulieWaulie is just really nicePaulieWaulie is just really nicePaulieWaulie is just really nicePaulieWaulie is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by BicycleJoe View Post
Hello Folks new indoor grower here. I am running LOS. I am here because of Clack and Mountain Organics thread on another forum. I go by the forum names Theophrastus and Paracelsus elsewhere, since those names are taken here I am using my RL nickname Bicycle Joe. This is my second post here.

I need a quick answer about the Veg light period. Since day 1 my lights have been on 24/7 but this afternoon I have a visitor coming for a housing inspection. I have once every 3 years. I want to put the plants in the closet while they are here.

5 hours at the most.

In the unlikely event they arrive on time it could be as little as 15 minutes until they leave. They are giving me a 5 hour window in the afternoon when they will arrive.

What I want to do is put them back on 24/7 as soon as they leave.

1) Will that stress the plants?
2). Will the plant at just less than 26 days above ground go into flower with 5 hours or less of total darkness?
3) Lastly can I go back to 24/7 or do I have to stay on 19/5

​​​​​thank you friends
Do it, they will be fine. Plants need between 14-12 hours of complete uninterrupted darkness to initiate flowering. And even then, it takes a few days to start that transition. So 5 hours of darkness is no issue. Ofcourse on a long term basis constantly changing light periods might cause some stress but for a one time inspection it is important enough. Playing around with the light cycles is tougher in flowering as they will be more sensitive to changes and can hermie.

I myself am on a 15 on /9 off Light period and everything is staying in VEG. you can go back to 24/0 after your inspection. I have always much preferred 18/6 light cycles myself.
PaulieWaulie is online now Quote

Old 04-03-2018, 08:50 PM #5629
Dog Star
Sirius Sunshine

Dog Star has a reputation beyond reputeDog Star has a reputation beyond reputeDog Star has a reputation beyond reputeDog Star has a reputation beyond reputeDog Star has a reputation beyond reputeDog Star has a reputation beyond reputeDog Star has a reputation beyond reputeDog Star has a reputation beyond reputeDog Star has a reputation beyond reputeDog Star has a reputation beyond reputeDog Star has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnOne View Post
"Cooking" does NOT mean to add heat! Room temperature so the bacteria can eat and multiply is what you seek. Telperatures below 35 degrees F or above 120 degrees F are not good. This is not like brewing black tea.
Burn1

Mine soil mix know in first days to be hot as i sensed with hand
on a bucket that it gives temperature out... tough i didnt measure
how exactly hot it gets.. dont worry for beneficials as i sees they
survive easy this little heat... i think most of this organismes are
extremophiles so this temps dont made them nothing...

they just thrive better..

All the best

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extremophile

On June 2016, scientists from Brigham Young University conclusively reported that endospores of Bacillus subtilis were able to survive high speed impacts up to 299±28 m/s, extreme shock, and extreme deceleration
Dog Star is offline Quote

Old 04-21-2018, 09:21 PM #5630
PakSamGyiShing

PakSamGyiShing is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metatron View Post

Yeah, not much modification. Just don't forget the silica =]

The main consideration is if you have critters around. If you use anything that might smell delicious such as blood, bone, fish, crab, &c. make sure it's well decomposed before you put the mix out. I suspect growers who get problems with rats or squirrels chewing the stems, and all that jazz, might have something to do with the form of the nutrients they're using such as fish emulsion, &c. Besides, having the mix well broken down prevents any chance of the plant taking on any "off-flavors" =O
PakSamGyiShing is offline Quote