What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Birds.

birdsman

No bird thread?!!!

I like the fact you can walk away from bird. A Dog I had for a "Short Time"( Hounded) me...Got in the bed !!! That was Too MUch, :)

armedoldhippy

Veteran
you can climb a tree or jump a fence & get away from a dog. birds? not so much...:biggrin: birds are cool though. fuck, anything that flies except mosquitoes, gnats, drones, yellowjackets & police helicopters is ok with me...

armedoldhippy

Veteran
had parakeets & budgies as a kid. always wanted a free-ranging crow as a pet. falconry looks cool as hell, but that takes some serious dedication to get into, literally YEARS of helping another falconer care for his birds as an apprentice before you can cature your first bird from the wild. you read that right, you can't buy a raptor to start...:tiphat:

N

NBE One !

Why Does the left wing Permanently Stick out at a Rear Angle on this Yellow Budgie ? He's in no pain at all.

I Bought the 3 on Monday and He/She Came like that.

thx;

Last edited:
N

NBE One !

(((-: :yes:

-
I'm not sure whether to take her back or not /: ... :chin: ...ltr jus' make a brew ! (-;

... Ya know when you have a mental picture of exactly what you want ... Anyway lol,(;.... 5-6? days ago I waltz'd into the local petshop and saw must of been nr 20 perfect lookin green an' yellow budgies in a glass Cage - would of liked too buy a couple? there an then, i realised.But didn't have the dosh. :) last Monday I went there on the bus, an' decieded Iz gonna get 3 of em (a first, with that number ! ), But they were ALL gone bar 3 of them... (Were all busy ppl I guess, with the same outlook (; ). So I took all 3, without really lookin, feelin a bit dismayed by the lack of numbers tbh.
Could of done better but Not bad at all, HuaaA ! :yes:
Great company , association with em like all pets is brill'. - Trill ! (-:

Two are quite smallish ;),
Would you keep the two smaller ones and take the other back ? ,that's what I'm thinking - the two smaller ones seem to get on better and look more the same. Tinkin that ole saying 2's company 3's a crowd ;

Last edited:

yts farmer

Veteran
Why Does the left wing Permanently Stick out at a Rear Angle on this Yellow Budgie ? He's in no pain at all.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=74067&pictureid=1769462&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

I Bought the 3 on Monday and He/She Came like that.

thx;

Can he/she fly without any problems?

If cant fly then probably a problem, may have even been born like that.

My sister had budgies when she was a kid and havent seen a wing like that before, but am no expert mate:tiphat:

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
yeah i had a budgie when i was a kid,,,
just thinking you might be prudant to take her back and ask for some more details as you dont want to end up at vets every other week,,,
never saw a budgie with a wing like that old mate,,,,,s2

N

NBE One !

Ygyfjbjbjyhkkpiftguhu6)6%$5533788$':!!?'"##@5%&53
Gruughjt%$3679007%##*'&!?;"&%54377&$#@%##%553:";;gyshgnnvfhlczfgj643&##@$%597876ghyysghffjgdf

Accumlative effect , sure
-
However,concern is growing. Although never once winced in discomfort the depiction - Workload for the other 2 is detrimental when she stretches that wing don't Move man,

manoeuvres ok yts, Vet Knowledge is required s2
-
Howdy ST ((:)

YeehaW :yes:

___
Took the bird back, ..pops whos been around livestock etc for 60 years says in way of speaking this has been witnessed lots of times........ seen in cattle many times. " Born like that ,this happens when inbreeding? Incest happens , a deformity is often placed n witnessed, from such act , other is effected.

" SIMPLY a sin. ( another ) . " we laugh " Eyh... an yaz all use the word just and so often.etc. .............SorreE , ya dont know what ya do.(;(;(;(; .... been waiting many yrs, 1 man suffers for all sins of man.......time has to happen soon........ FKOUT 50 in less than 4 yrs a second after birthtime has passed on november the 16th.

Context, freshers.... of what remains. - BUT many know now, so there is somewhat of a smile , sure resolution

---
s'l I t'nks of Bo and Luke Duke when a see yeehaW! :D. :handshake: ... n. Rodeo, cow b' ; /; JusT saying

Last edited:

yts farmer

Veteran
One of my sister's budgies could mimic our home phone back then, countless false alarms from that little bugger lol.

Also seems like budgies love a bit of music too, used to bop about like mad lol.

Peace.

St. Phatty

I like chickens.

Therefore I must like birds.

Would it be possible to have a pet bird like you guys are showing - and to then let it free range with the chickens ?

It would be protected by a rooster.

Do birds that are domesticated as pets have instincts to scratch in the ground to find bugs and worms ?

armedoldhippy

Veteran
I like chickens.

Therefore I must like birds.

Would it be possible to have a pet bird like you guys are showing - and to then let it free range with the chickens ?

It would be protected by a rooster.

Do birds that are domesticated as pets have instincts to scratch in the ground to find bugs and worms ?

shoot, some folks' chickens are treated like pets, but they don't starve...:tiphat:

N

NBE One !

Yts :) beep beep, beep beep ... ((:) . That was the first impersanation we heard from Suzie (The yellow Cockatiel)
She Mimicks lots of Sounds

Yea St phatty. She likes to scratch. " Excuse the mess".kinda wish " now " iy'd left the Conservatorie doors on and turned that into an Aviary

That's an incubator on the right in the " Dinning room ".:), - Oh, gotta be aware! ,cut ya feet ;
Finches produce eggs like crazy. 4 of them and the most I've had is 13 in there !

?, several times a day she's under her friends cage

Pops had Chickens yrs ago, and a cockeral ! :-D. " Paxo rooster Booster ". Hillarious ! Every daybreak he'd sound off, as well as in the day sometimes. He'd fly over the fence and walk around the yard. Liked showing off to the Ladies :)

-
Dude,,,Pet bird may fly off eyh !
-
Yts'. I have the radio on for em most of the day, Association with all life forms (pets) is ace... They stretch n stuff eyh ! - contentment that is :) . the little finches r so cute , they hear me soon as I'm walkin' about upstairs . (; ...im whistlein' too em all often but ya mostly-Always hear the Finches first , only as big as a cigarette lighter, n sound like a novelty trumpet :)

Buzz' - [YOUTUBEIF]ZBR2sraqEVI[/YOUTUBEIF]

https://youtu.be/ZBR2sraqEVI

Ya know who's spoken to ya there ; ((:) I didn't copy that , but LUVve that great tune

[YOUTUBEIF]bV-hSgL1R74[/YOUTUBEIF]
https://youtu.be/bV-hSgL1R74

Last edited:

buzzmobile

Veteran
I want to be one of these when I grow up.

Swallow-tailed_Kite_s52-12-235_l.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts