What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Puna Sativa (Hawaiian)

RC_Colas

Veteran
Hola Sativa Enthusiasts,

I was graciously gifted a Puna Sativa by my good friend stone917 and boy are they a special treat:) I will post some pics soon of my journey with them to date, but post legalization here in Canada I just had to send a Big thank you for these gems that we sampled for the first time yesterday in honor of the Historic date.

The Puna has now been nicknamed 'Hawaiian BBQ' as it possesses a sweet, spicey and exotic wood smokey flavour that makes your mouth water...followed immediately with some intense Cotton Mouth! The high is an immediate warming rush that floods the mind and puts a huge smile on your face...some of the Best rose coloured glasses I have put on in years! Plants are upright, tall, and nicely branched with a very generous coating of resin on medium density flowers of high calyxe-to-leaf ratio. Effect is very long lasting with a very easy let down.

Big props to my American brother who entrusted these to my care and it is truely a unique topshelf line.:peacock:

Saludos

RC_Colas
:tiphat:

Green

Veteran
Hey RC!

Happy you scored some sweet puna buds.
There is so much herb being grown in Puna. Sounds like you got some interesting stuff.

I live in the heart of Puna. And have collected lots of puna seeds from kind people. Most the seed lines displayed modern charcteristics.

All the old timer Punatic growers tell me the old school puna buds are extinct. Those old punatic growers have some great story’s though. Haha

Anyways looks like you might have scored. I’m real curious to see what the bud structure looks like.

Thanks for sharing!

RC_Colas

Veteran
Hey RC!

Happy you scored some sweet puna buds.
There is so much herb being grown in Puna. Sounds like you got some interesting stuff.

I live in the heart of Puna. And have collected lots of puna seeds from kind people. Most the seed lines displayed modern charcteristics.

All the old timer Punatic growers tell me the old school puna buds are extinct. Those old punatic growers have some great story’s though. Haha

Anyways looks like you might have scored. I’m real curious to see what the bud structure looks like.

Thanks for sharing!

Hola Green,

Have heard that also and so I was very stoked to hear this Puna line came from an oldtimer who maintained/worked it from the early 80's untill around 1998/99 when he passed away. The flowers exhibit foxtails and great resin concentration on lime green calyxes....will get some pics up soon but these seem to be legit old school:)

Saludos

RC_Colas

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
You are always finding another great line RC, I am a little jealous maybe. hehe

How does this compare to say Maui or other Hawaiians for high?

RC_Colas

Veteran
Photo Update...

Photo Update...

Hola Sativa Aficionado,

Here is the photo update I promised for your viewing pleasure...try not to drool on your key board;)

First up the group in veg that yielded 7 females and 2 males...trail run

then the selected males...both great specimens IMHO...

RC_Colas

Veteran
Photo update continued...

Photo update continued...

then three different top colas currently finishing outdoors:

...and of course some dried buds sampled yesterday for our Historical country wide legalization in Canada:

Again I must emphasize that I did not find these but rather they where a precious Gift from a very Kind friend.

Saludos

RC_Colas

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Much respect I put the last few seeds in the right hands !!! This has been one of my favorite lines to play with through my years it was gifted to me early and it n taught me a lot... Couldn't think of a better person to do the work males look amazing... that was the last of the original stock I had but thanks to many good friends I been playing in the Hawian snow drinking cherry bomb shots chased with some blood and bout to jump into some fed Hawian gear in the mean time...
from the pics number 2 is the most bbq spiced one????

Green

Veteran
Hola Green,

Have heard that also and so I was very stoked to hear this Puna line came from an oldtimer who maintained/worked it from the early 80's untill around 1998/99 when he passed away. The flowers exhibit foxtails and great resin concentration on lime green calyxes....will get some pics up soon but these seem to be legit old school:)

Saludos

RC_Colas

Hey RC,

Thanks for the info, and the photos. Highly interesting.

I totally believe that there are some puna old timers that have nice garden herbs hidden away.

The last old timer I talked to has been growing in Maui and Big island for 50 years. He said he didn’t have any of his earlier mex/lumbo lines. The only line he had been growing for the last 35 years was this acclimated Puna hashplant. Inbreeding it the whole time. He happily traded beans with me.

Anyways lots of interesting things grown in Puna... You’ve given me faith that there might be more. Haha

Btw Congrats on Canada

Tropical Sativa

Much respect I put the last few seeds in the right hands !!! This has been one of my favorite lines to play with through my years it was gifted to me early and it n taught me a lot... Couldn't think of a better person to do the work males look amazing... that was the last of the original stock I had but thanks to many good friends I been playing in the Hawian snow drinking cherry bomb shots chased with some blood and bout to jump into some fed Hawian gear in the mean time...
from the pics number 2 is the most bbq spiced one????

Nice one for helping preserve these genetics man. I've been searching for a suitable strain to pair with Chimera's Hawaiian spice. Really hope to see these on seedbay one day :biggrin:

Huesos

For those that will be growing the Puna Sativa this year, here are pics of Puna Sativa parents by RC Cola. The Puna Sativa works was continued with a few seeds made: Puna x Puna and Puna thin leaf to Puna thin leaf. The prize was the Puna Thin leaf that can compete with any old school Mexican or Thai. The Puna thin leaf could have easily gone 20 feet outside. The real greasy one, that could be the one RC Cola called Hawaiian bbq was the prize as well.

Wesos

Huesos

Puna Sativa....for your viewing pleasure.

Attachments

• photo2109144.jpg
    photo2109144.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 74
  • photo2109145.jpg
    photo2109145.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 70
  • photo2109146.jpg
    photo2109146.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:

Latest posts