What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Thai Chi

Mountainkush

Thanks Mountainkush for sharing the outcome of your clone.

Not a great yielder but i'm sure the quality will be there ;)

Thanks for the making this cross Dubi
Not a horrible yield for about 70day from time of cutting the branch off the mother but also I don’t care as long as I can continue to grow more from her. She does a lot better with multiple topping and training.
The quality of terps and effect on this one is incredible.

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
Mine were beautiful and the buds are very colorful with lots of purple flecks. Nice aromas, a little grapey. But, the taste is not there so far. Waiting for it to age for a few months, but so far not as good as Zamaldelica x KC for me.

Mountainkush

MK, helluv nice grow. I am really digging the thai sativa structure and leaves combined with a bit of budding chunkiness from the china yunnan genes. Very inspiring (thanks Dubi/Ace).

Thanks brickweeder,
I love the beautiful little nuggets. Wish the pics could show the depth more. Would definitely recommend.

Mountainkush

Mine were beautiful and the buds are very colorful with lots of purple flecks. Nice aromas, a little grapey. But, the taste is not there so far. Waiting for it to age for a few months, but so far not as good as Zamaldelica x KC for me.

Hey TexasTea,
I really need to try the ZamxKc. That’s too bad about the taste not being there. I noticed strongtree had a similar experience to me with the taste being great without cure time. It costs my mouth and lingers for a bit after like a spicy green tea.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Zamaldelica x Kali China and Thai Chi are completely 2 different animals.

Zamaldelica x Kali China is a well balanced sativa/indica hybrid with very consistent fruity terpens and a very solid hybrid effect.

On the other hand, Thai Chi is a much more sativa dominant plant, both in structure and on the qualities of the finished product, with exotic spicy, woody, incensey, leathery, organic, decayed flowers terpenes.

Which one is best, guess it depends mainly on personal preferences, don't ask me which one i prefer more because i prefer to take both :D

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
I find KC crosses to be gourmet bombs, in the sense of generous terpenes, full of flavour.

I love Thai Chi. Is really different from the rest. Mine had a spicy flavour, that took some cure to bring and shine.

Mine had a balanced mix of traits, with those rose-like twisted and swollen ovaries shape from KC, but her aroma "started" on the spicy overtones of KC I've tasted (roasted liver + incense), mainly the incense with a gingery taste, that morphed overtime into a incensed nutmeg.

So while it doesn't have the super generous taste of KC, it hast a really unique and refined spicy hazey taste... if you like hazes, you have to try her.

And the best: the high qualities.

brickweeder

Thanks brickweeder,
I love the beautiful little nuggets. Wish the pics could show the depth more. Would definitely recommend.
I have some thai from RSC and GT from ACE, and when I grow those out, I'll grow my favorite yunnan S1 along side and will be doing some selective chucking. The problem with your thread and others like them is that they make me want to buy more seeds, and honestly, with what I already have and my planned crosses, I won't be able to grow them all out before I become fertilizer...

Fronk

Day 28.

Attachments

• 0D9B2605-6DBD-40F6-A679-F0F1C9F37B70.jpg
    0D9B2605-6DBD-40F6-A679-F0F1C9F37B70.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 41

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
I sent mine from seed into flower and am nowhere near that ^

I just now started getting pistils at 28 days haha. Lesson learned on that one...

I also went a little overboard with the nutes. I have some striping on the apical tips to calm.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi bsgospel,

Being Thai Chi a direct Thai cross, it prefers lighter feeding and it can stretch a lot in early flowering, it doesn't start the flowering so fast like most indica dom hybrids, but once it starts to flower it ripens quite fast for a 50 % Thai hybrid, thanks to Kali China influence.

I sent mine from seed into flower and am nowhere near that ^

I just now started getting pistils at 28 days haha. Lesson learned on that one...

I also went a little overboard with the nutes. I have some striping on the apical tips to calm.

Fronk

Day 34.

Attachments

• 4D255DF8-FFD5-460A-8D2D-4B40CC997683.jpg
    4D255DF8-FFD5-460A-8D2D-4B40CC997683.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 39
  • 60F765A8-253B-4522-8573-DF0A16E5D120.jpg
    60F765A8-253B-4522-8573-DF0A16E5D120.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 40

Fronk

Day 41 with a little bit of added beauty. :peacock:

Attachments

• 3E5D3287-AED7-455D-8BDB-A63F13BB01F6.jpg
    3E5D3287-AED7-455D-8BDB-A63F13BB01F6.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 42
  • 8E3B4E26-2E59-4796-80BC-95ABA8ED1144.jpg
    8E3B4E26-2E59-4796-80BC-95ABA8ED1144.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 36
  • BEAF3841-7402-4E1A-AC83-6D0FC00FB672.jpg
    BEAF3841-7402-4E1A-AC83-6D0FC00FB672.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 35
  • 0793CE12-7CCB-4486-A48E-132CA5591D39.jpg
    0793CE12-7CCB-4486-A48E-132CA5591D39.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 40

musigny23

2020 grow

2020 grow

My first time growing Thai Chi this year. I have two going next to each other. Doing great so far. I don't remember what the pheno possibilities are but these appear pretty similar at this point. I think I popped these seeds during the last week of March, so these are approximately 45 or so days old today.

bNpsSCO.jpg

0oIrXEd.jpg

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi musigny23 :wave:

Glad to see you are growing also Thai Chi and Thai x Panama side by side this outdoor season :)

Exciting times ahead! Hope you are all doing fine there.

musigny23

Hi musigny23 :wave:

Glad to see you are growing also Thai Chi and Thai x Panama side by side this outdoor season :)

Exciting times ahead! Hope you are all doing fine there.

Hi! Yes and also Panama Haze, Purple Honduras, Golden Tiger (fem and reg), Zamaldelica x Kali China, Zamaldelica, the Oaxaca x Kali China and Malawi.

Along with those I have some heirloom, landrace types from India, Thailand and Laos, also 2 from Cannabiogen. I'm excited to see what they do.

So far our area hasn't been hard hit by the virus, hoping it doesn't and things return to more normal. And hoping things keep improving in Spain too.