What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Terpenes for edibles

Ringodoggie

Premium user
I tok it annd i fell noyhing. totally straight. LOL I wish. I don't think I've ever been too stoned to type. Drunk, maybe. Stoned, never. LOL

I took 1 cap an hour ago. 1 cap is half the mix (about 1/2 gram). Feeling nothing really. I just took the other cap. So, that's 1 gram. That's my usual dose and it never seems to do much of anything.

I just made another gram of rosin with twice the amount of terps. And, I am learning to use the pipette so I should be right on. This pipette is awesome for measuring these small amount accurately. Under 50 bux.

I'll report back in another hour. LOL

WaterFarmFan

Veteran
Ringo - Do you have a dag rig? Easy to vape test your rosin/terp blend. If not, you might put a few drops of terps on a small nug and smoke it in a bong. Need to take out the decarb from the equation.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
I don't know what a dag rig is but if the people over at FuckCombustion are selling it, I own one. LOL EDIT: Duh, you mean a dab rig. Duh, sorry.

I was thinking the same thing... vape the terps.

Now, pot doesn't get me any higher when I smoke it than when I eat it. So, I wouldn't expect to notice a difference in vaping pot and vaping pot with terps. We'll try it and see.

I must admit, I have a little buzz. I can't tell but my wife said I was stoned. She can usually tell. She says I'm nice when I'm stoned..... bitch. LOL

However, like I said, the people over at FuckCombustion have brainwashed me into buying every vape ever made. So, I have all kinds of ways to vape the terps. It's 420 week and every vape is on sale everywhere. VapCaps, Fury2, E-nano, Motar, DTV3, Pied Piper, Tai Top Flow.... to name but a few. And, naturally, batteries to run them all. I have super this and big watt that and everlast this and.... I think I even have a Tesla. LMAO Fucking impulse buying disorder. LMAO

It's not like me to be serious but... on a serious note, FuckCombustion didn't brainwash me. That is the nicest and most polite forum I have ever been to. The members are the most....... LMAO...... tolerent group ever to have had to tolerate me. A wonderful forum and wonderful members. Just wouldn't want it to get back that someone said they brainwashed me. LMAO I highly recommend it if you want vape reviews and info.

Anyway... back to terpland.

Like I said, maybe I feel a little something but maybe it's because I have 7 new vapes in front of me and I am non-stop vaping pot and flowers and rosin and this and that so.... maybe I'm high from that.

If I can, I'll try the other 2 caps tomorrow night to see if double the terps in the same 1 gram rosin will make a difference.

I'll let you know if I start tripping. Meanwhile, Bon 'appetit. LMAO

clearheaded

they sell terpene wine now. infused with seedsman haze etc ;) would be easier and perhaps cheaper expirement?? peace

edit: Also you can read an article buy leafly about testing strains in edibles... no real dif. imagine cbn and cbd levels play more then terps. do terps last in acidic enzymatic stomach? do they absorb into blood stream? if they do? is it at the same time as thc does? ie VERY slowly after being metabolized by the liver and converted..... may help to formulate if when and how you take terps with edibles...

I suspect a portion of why sativas are rushy with alot of limonene is not only the limonene is slightly envigorating scent but because it is a solvent it helps pass thc ALOT faster into you blood. so more gets in faster so intense THC rush if you will. others may do the differently or modulate absorbtion in a different way while of course the mmm this smells sooo awesome changes your mindset. pinene and myrcene being harsh also perhaps change mindset as more chokey, similarly when you inhale fire smoke makes you feel down and slightly foggy. def not the whole story, but perhaps part of it...?? maybe?

Last edited:

WaterFarmFan

Veteran
Like I said, maybe I feel a little something but maybe it's because I have 7 new vapes in front of me and I am non-stop vaping pot and flowers and rosin and this and that so.... maybe I'm high from that.

I have found terps stick around longer in the body than thc. If you consume terps orally, they can interact with thc that you vape. Make a few different blends and try vaping those terp mixtures to see if you notice a change in effect.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
OK, didn't have time for edibles tonight but I'm interested in hearing more about vaping the terps.

Exactly, how is that done?

I can add some terps to some rosin or weed and vape it in any number of vapes.

How much total terp would go into a single bowl? Is it better to mix terps or put 1 kind of terp in some pot and try that. Then another terp?

And, I guess, most importantly.... how much is too much? I don't want to vape a whole bottle of terps and end up dead.... or worse. LOL

You could drip drops from your pipette into an enail or regular nail. I'm not a fan of vaping pure terps though. It doesn't feel good to me, the only one I could tolerate well was pinene. All the others destroyed me lungs/sinuses and I'm used to taking 1g dabs.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
I'm not so sure I'm keen on the idea of vaping straight terps. Sounds like a major lung and throat irritant and...... what, exactly is it supposed to prove?

I smoke 6 pounds of pot a year and I don't get high. I can't imagine what effect a few drops of terps would have.

I could see adding a few drops back into some rosin. Or, even add a tiny drop to some weed. I guess there's not really all that much difference is there?

I wish I had friends I could test this on. LOL

I think I am going to pop those 2 caps I made with double the terps in them. Nothing to do tonight. LOL

ozzieAI

Veteran
well Ringo it might be time for a break to try and lower your tolerance...at nearly 2 oz/week your are pushing the envelope...

i have noticed a difference in effect when using terpenes...especially the limonene...myrcene should be here soon for me to try...

question: if i have terpenes dispersed in the air via essential oil diffuser will that affect my stone?

ozzieAI

Veteran
it may not be safe...

it may not be safe...

Given the widespread legalization of cannabis in the United States, it is imperative to study the full toxicology of its consumption to guide future policy. The results of these studies clearly indicate that dabbing, although considered a form of vaporization, may in fact deliver significant amounts of toxic degradation products. The difficulty users find in controlling the nail temperature put users at risk of exposing themselves to not only methacrolein but also benzene. Additionally, the heavy focus on terpenes as additives seen as of late in the cannabis industry is of great concern due to the oxidative liability of these compounds when heated. This research also has significant implications for flavored e-cigarette products due to the extensive use of terpenes as flavorings. Future research will also be directed toward assessing the contribution of terpenoids to the existing toxicant formation in e-cigarettes. Additionally, the methods discussed herein will also be used to further study the degradation of cannabis extracts used in dabbing and cannabis e-cigarettes.

https://pubs.acs.org/doi/pdf/10.1021/acsomega.7b01130

Exposure to methacrolein is highly irritating to the eyes, nose, throat and lungs.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methacrolein

The maximum allowable amount of benzene in workroom air during an 8-hour workday, 40-hour workweek is 1 ppm. As benzene can cause cancer, NIOSH recommends that all workers wear special breathing equipment when they are likely to be exposed to benzene at levels exceeding the recommended (8-hour) exposure limit of 0.1 ppm.[69]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benzene

BE SAFE...

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Habit my friends... over half a century of smoking pot every day doesn't just stop. LOL That's almost TWENTY THOUSAND days in a row of getting high. LMAO

Besides, I enjoy smoking. People don't get high smoking cigarettes but they do it 20 times every day their whole lives.

It's all about the taste and aroma for me. Skunk is, by far, my favorite.

So, with all the new vapes I bought, I vaped a gram of rosin today. I ate the gram of rosin with all the double terps in them a few hours ago (nothing) and I vaped a small amount of flowers and smoked about 5 or 6 joints.

You would think I would be high. LOL

The worse part is, I grew a rather large crop of CBD pot and it tastes like shit. Now, I have to press it to get rid of it. LOL

I am hoping the high CBD strain will have some effect in cap form. I'll be taking that from now on as I am out of the Cindy I was pressing for rosin.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
ROTFLMAO..... I'm burping terps. LMAO

Sometimes when I do edibles or caps I will burp and it will taste like cannabis. Just now, I burped a terp. LMAO

I can't tell which one. Or, if it's a combo. It was more like linalool or limonene more than Myrcene.

LOL

Well, at least, for a hundred bucks, the terps had SOME effect. Pleasant tasting burps. LMAO

brown_thumb

Habit my friends... over half a century of smoking pot every day doesn't just stop. LOL That's almost TWENTY THOUSAND days in a row of getting high. LMAO

Besides, I enjoy smoking. People don't get high smoking cigarettes but they do it 20 times every day their whole lives.

It's all about the taste and aroma for me. Skunk is, by far, my favorite.

So, with all the new vapes I bought, I vaped a gram of rosin today. I ate the gram of rosin with all the double terps in them a few hours ago (nothing) and I vaped a small amount of flowers and smoked about 5 or 6 joints.

You would think I would be high. LOL

The worse part is, I grew a rather large crop of CBD pot and it tastes like shit. Now, I have to press it to get rid of it. LOL

I am hoping the high CBD strain will have some effect in cap form. I'll be taking that from now on as I am out of the Cindy I was pressing for rosin.

I don't understand. First, you say it does nothing for you. Then, you say it's gotten you high every day for 50 years. Which is it? BTW, (please take no offense) you seem to be high in most of your posts... and not just a little bit. No offense, Ringo... 'cuz I do like ya. ;)

WaterFarmFan

Veteran
Also you can read an article buy leafly about testing strains in edibles... no real dif. imagine cbn and cbd levels play more then terps. do terps last in acidic enzymatic stomach? do they absorb into blood stream? if they do? is it at the same time as thc does? ie VERY slowly after being metabolized by the liver and converted..... may help to formulate if when and how you take terps with edibles...

I think the basic issue with strain differences in edibles is the decarb process. While some terps are kept, most are not. Adding back terpenes at the end overrides this to an extent, but it is harder to make a sativa effect with lots of cbd/cbn. Sam S had a very interesting comment on the matter (of terpene importance) here.

I suspect a portion of why sativas are rushy with alot of limonene is not only the limonene is slightly envigorating scent but because it is a solvent it helps pass thc ALOT faster into you blood. so more gets in faster so intense THC rush if you will. others may do the differently or modulate absorbtion in a different way while of course the mmm this smells sooo awesome changes your mindset. pinene and myrcene being harsh also perhaps change mindset as more chokey, similarly when you inhale fire smoke makes you feel down and slightly foggy. def not the whole story, but perhaps part of it...?? maybe?

I think there might be some kind of underlying code (sativa vs indica), but I have looked at hundreds of terp profiles and I don't see it. Some sativas will be high in limonene but so will a few indica effect varieties.

What I think is that terpene effects are a whole is greater than the sum of the parts kinda thing. Each has properties as an individual compound, but when you mix (many of) them in specific portions, very different effects on the body and brain are experienced.

Below are a few examples:

Lemon Crush - Winner 2017 Emerald Cup https://client.sclabs.com/sample/293930/

Limonene 1.004 33.69%
Beta Caryophyllene 0.637 21.38%
Alpha Humulene 0.247 8.29%
Beta Pinene 0.182 6.11%
Linalool 0.178 5.97%
Ocimene 0.158 5.30%
Alpha Pinene 0.154 5.17%
Myrcene 0.095 3.19%
Fenchol 0.089 2.99%
Terpineol 0.072 2.42%
Nerolidol 0.041 1.38%
Camphene 0.024 0.81%
Terpinolene 0.023 0.77%
Phytol 0.017 0.57%
Borneol 0.015 0.50%
Alpha Cedrene 0.014 0.47%
Caryophyllene Oxide 0.01 0.34%
Guaiol 0.006 0.20%
Alpha Bisabolol 0.005 0.17%
Eucalyptol 0.005 0.17%
Valencene 0.004 0.13%

Roze - 2nd place https://client.sclabs.com/sample/295646/

Alpha Pinene 0.626 31.50%
Myrcene 0.452 22.75%
Beta Pinene 0.259 13.03%
Beta Caryophyllene 0.191 9.61%
Linalool 0.154 7.75%
Limonene 0.135 6.79%
Alpha Humulene 0.072 3.62%
Alpha Bisabolol 0.024 1.21%
Nerolidol 0.023 1.16%
Citronellol 0.02 1.01%
Phytol 0.016 0.81%
Terpineol 0.015 0.75%

OG Private Reserve - 3rd place https://client.sclabs.com/sample/296735/

Beta Caryophyllene 1.037 28.66%
Limonene 0.927 25.62%
Alpha Humulene 0.403 11.14%
Myrcene 0.306 8.46%
Linalool 0.171 4.73%
Alpha Bisabolol 0.154 4.26%
Guaiol 0.151 4.17%
Beta Pinene 0.12 3.32%
Nerolidol 0.074 2.05%
Alpha Pinene 0.061 1.69%
Fenchol 0.053 1.46%
Terpineol 0.051 1.41%
Terpinolene 0.019 0.53%
Caryophyllene Oxide 0.018 0.50%
Camphene 0.018 0.50%
Phytol 0.018 0.50%
Borneol 0.014 0.39%
Valencene 0.012 0.33%
Geranyl Acetate 0.003 0.08%
Geraniol 0.002 0.06%
Ocimene 0.002 0.06%
Sabinene 0.002 0.06%
(-)-Isopulegol 0.001 0.03%
Citronellol 0.001 0.03%

WaterFarmFan

Veteran
I don't know what a dag rig is but if the people over at FuckCombustion are selling it, I own one. LOL EDIT: Duh, you mean a dab rig. Duh, sorry.

Derrrp. Dab not Dag, WTF is that!!! Like this - https://www.grasscity.com/us_en/glasscity-glass-dab-rig-with-double-showerhead-perc-green.html You would heat the glass bowl with a butane torch, wait for it to cool (not glowing red), drop a small amount of terps and inhale to observe effects. One drop is in the .01-015ml range.

I think I am going to pop those 2 caps I made with double the terps in them. Nothing to do tonight. LOL

Try some different recipes that dom in something other than myrcene.