What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sensi Seeds - still good or are the rumors true??

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
I grew one pack of White Label WW before 6 years. And have one pheno that looks like haze but flower 11 weeks. It has lemony musky cognac smell and taste. But while burning the strongest musky Incense i smell to date it is so strong even when u exhaling u smell that musky piney incnese in the air. That incense trati in smoke was real powerfull like old school hazes when u litt little bit all room start smell on incense. Stronger than lots of today hazes, Has anyone have expirience with WL WW cuz I will grow that again. It was not Incense like Amnesia when u have to go trough the smoke to sense it it is like firt lit the joint all room is pungent smell on musky piney lemony incense.

Yup that is the point..

And all dope may be good, but some is exceptional. Maybe I am just jaded as I am of the generation that bought beans late 90's and early 2000's and everytime you popped a pack back then, you found something exceptional, nowadays you have to do your research, find out who has the reliable f2's and did not loose their genes in the swiss shakeup of mid 2000's and dutch raids of the same time.

The description of the WW above is spot on as far as their modern widow goes, but the widow that they sold you in days past was a completely different animal. It was stable too, if you popped a 15 pack of regs (which was what you could only buy), you got 6-8 identical stunner moms of which any could be kept as a production mother, and you'd get a few big fat males for breeding with. I hit my cheese with one of those in mid-late 2000's and the plants from that cross were all dominated by the WW in the cross(cheese always goes recessive) and they were amazing. Every one of those plants were the best smoke of the next years season. Fruity, dank dripping skunkballs. I am with the other guys on this one, the new stuff I grew from sensi is not in the same league as the older stuff. (but that limited to what I've grown and not grown theirs in last 4 years to be fair). I've posted on this topic a few times over the last few years, said the same thing..What else did I grow from them in the last few years? The super skunk, which was pretty much as described on the package so to their credit. I know skunks and those were of obvious skunk heritage, plant structure, leaf structure, bud structure. There is a fair amount of afghan in as should be in the SS and the plants were all uniform of orange cognac taste and smells, like the skunk was selected towards the orange and fuel side in the SS creation. The high was not for me though and a heavy depressing narcotic high, which is why those got canned. I prefer my heirloom skunks for day to day smoke..Still have some SS seeds in the fridge though.

Funny, I grew from sensi seed stock 3 times WW, and GH seeds once. The GH was grown early 2000's and was not the real genes back then even, but a hazey cross of WW. The plants taking 12-14 weeks to flower and being long stringy foxtails of wonderful smoke, but not what was advertised on the package. Same with sensi's these days, not as advertised. I would like sensi to be upfront and tell us what parent genetics they lost and which they actually still have? That way they can rebuild some trust..I was skunked (not in a good way) with my last 2 seed purchases from them and are wary to order more. I would like to know which genetics they have managed to keep alive and which are still authentic. Maybe that is why they do not want to be upfront haha..I wonder what proportion of their original genes they lost? Ja all ears as to how those shiva's, JH's, maple leafs etc..that everyone is testing turn out..post back when you can guys/gals.. Back in the day, GH was always seen as a hack, nirvana, the jock horrors and the likes were always a decent knock off and good buy with something special to be found, but sensi was the legit shit pure and simple.. It was exciting to see what you'd get from their beans, everytime it was something new and spectacular. I grew their WW, double gum, jack herer and a g13 cross from one of them back in the day. All was fire..widow had a high that was like mushrooms and would sit your ass to the couch for hours and leave everyone in laughing fits..the bubblegum was flavour, flavour and more flavour, sticky and very quick and uniform from seed with 2 main phenos but most would be the petit dank indica. When I grew theirs again later they were obvious f2's or more of these, every combination of characteristics under the sun but not all in one one plant, and then wierd genetic throwbacks to great and grandparent lines mixed in. Only one of 20 had bubblegum flavour and it was in this weak ass high, low yielding, weak plant, mold susceptible sativa. The keeper that I still have today from that later lot, was funny enough a full sativa not unlike a landrace with something else mixed in, with no bubblegum in the flavour but many other special qualities and a 12-13 week flower and a wonder to behold outdoors. The original BG's I grew in early 2000's were all done in under 60 days, even the odd sativa pheno LOL..Indica phenos were overripe at 55 days! Stuff available today is nothing close (that i have tried). It is just what it is..

Last edited:

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
Also I have a friend that just returned from Amsterdam and she said that she smoked some WW at a coffeeshop somewhere. Did not get the name of the place..anyways she said that the stuff was like having a hit of shrooms, and tasted like cough syrup and musk sweets..big fat white buds..That sounded like a spot on description for what we used to grow and smoke back in early 2000's, so I reckon enough folks kept cuts from the seeds back then and are still growing it. I went legit large scale hothouse farming at one stage and had to cull all my moms round end 2003. I regret that, ouch..Old skunk#1 from 90's, old widow, old swazis, old bubble gums, old jack herer..next time I got beans they were the same, then after not..but guaranteed plants were kept somewhere in the world..