What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Panama Haze

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for the updates ValleyKush,

I like the way how you manage to control the size of your Panama Haze, improving the light intensity in all the branches. Very nice resins.

Is she around 80 days of flowering, isn't ? How are the aromas now in late flowering ?

ValleyKush

Veteran
Thank you dubi. I wish she would have filled the tent up a little more but too small is a hell of alot easier to manage then too big so oh well.

Her scent is quite hard to describe. She doesnt really smell anything like the 4 panama girls I grew last year, but has a much more astringent plant smell with hints of nettle and fennel. Not the semi anise smell of fennel but similar otherwise. Kindof a skunky undertone but again, more in a planty way then a stinky one. She doesnt totaly stink my house up but still has a potent stink to her that permiates near by the tent. If it werent for the slightly skunky undertone most would just assume it was some sort of a stinky plant unrelated to canabis.

She is at 12 weeks tomorow.

So I dusted her with some mothers milk (bodhi) pollen when she first started flowering and collected the seeds about a month ago and put them in a paper bag with their little crystaly jackets. I smoked one bong hit of the jackets and wow! She started off incredibly clear and ready for my day, almost so much so that I had no idea how high I was. About an hour later I drove to work and on the way down I was thinking "holy shit it's green out" kindof tripping on all the new leaf growth in the previous 24. After getting to work an intense introverted mindstate set in and took me to a very deep thoughtful place. This lasted for 3 hours before lightly releasing me back to sobriety with no comedown. 4 1/2 hours off one bong hit is unheard of with my tolerance; and that was picked at 6 weeks flower with no cure! Cant wait for my first real test nugs...

Looks like you guys did a great job dubi... cant wait to grow out other haze hybrids and pure oth. Would love to see you guys cross that new zamal with purple haze.

On another note I have a pack of zamaladelica veging out to take panama haze's spot. Super excited! Looks like mostly malawi phenos but hopefuly their leaves will thin out as they mature.

ValleyKush

Veteran
Thanks for stopping by kono! I am very excited to have some jars full of this girl! I think I might try to cob some too!

Here she is today, day 89.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

She just threw out a pretty decent batch of fresh pistils so I'm not quite sure if I should be starving her to the extent that I am. Was planning on chopping in right about 2 weeks so hopefully I have read her right and this is her last big push.

ValleyKush

Veteran
Day 101-
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Lots of fresh pistils still, not sure how much longer I should wait... any advice is welcome. She is starting to get some miites on her back corner so I will probly chop those few branches of her within the week.

She still smells similar but is getting a more tart berry smell to her under the bitter plant stink. My girlfriend says it smells kindof like a fresh baked raspberry sourdough donut lol.

ValleyKush

Veteran
Thanks for stopping in terpene. Considering she has oth in her do you think i will need to drop under 12/12 to get her to quit throwing pistils? At this point I wouldnt be suprised if she wanted to go almost 20 weeks but I quit feeding her almost 3 weeks ago now so I'm not sure if I should give her one last feed?

Terpene

I love the smell of cannabis in the morning
Veteran
Thanks for stopping in terpene. Considering she has oth in her do you think i will need to drop under 12/12 to get her to quit throwing pistils? At this point I wouldnt be suprised if she wanted to go almost 20 weeks but I quit feeding her almost 3 weeks ago now so I'm not sure if I should give her one last feed?

I think the additional feeding and lighting switch won't be needed. In one of the shots I see the plant tossing the typical end of flower herm, so I would imagine another 10 days would be all the time it needs to seal off.

ValleyKush

Veteran
Day 111-
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

She is getting sweeter and dougheyer with the strong herbal undertones changing to a very lemoney smell...soooo, freshbaked lemon sourdough donut? Sounds (er, smells) about right. I'm gona chop a few more of the more ripe nugs in the next day or so and plan on doing the rest in about a week.

Here is a nug I chopped 5 days ago about ready to go in a jar.
picture.php

Dr.King

Veteran
Very nicely done Valley. Bet that smoke report on her will be steller :thank you:. I can't wait to grow her outside next year in my green houses.

MadMac

far beyond driven...
wow ValleyKush,
just discovered this thread...
locking delicous... will grow the same next...
plz do a smoke report...
thx
M.:smoker:

ValleyKush

Veteran
Thanks guys! Glad you enjoy.

Smoked some of the nug after 3 days in a jar and she tasted exactly like a lemon head. That really sweet fake lemon with a kindof chalky bottom end. Really unexpected but quite nice. The high was pretty strong and introverted but kindof muddy and lasted pretty long. Probly wont try her again for 2 weeks atleast, most likely a month.

Chopped a quarter of her a few days ago.
picture.php

Here's the rest of her tonight. Day 118
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

It's crazy how at the bottom of the foxtails the calyxs are super (over)ripe, like 50+% amber and at the top there's 70/30 clear/cloudy. It's kinda hard watching them turn so amber but oh well, it seems obvious she has a little more in her.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi ValleyKush,

These kind of tropical hybrids tend to mature irregularly so it's a good idea to harvest different parts of the plant at different times. Haze dominant hybrids also need a good curing to fix properly all the subtle and exotic details.

Thank you very much for your frequent updates, please keep us updated with the final harvest and smoke report after drying/curing. Best regards!

ValleyKush

Veteran
Thanks dubi, it's been a pleasure. It certainly will be interesting to have so many different trichome color ratios from nug to nug. Maybe I will try to organize them:laughing:

Today I decided to chop the last third of her. Her smell has been getting a little fainter in the last week, which makes me wonder if I should of chopped her all last week. Time will tell.
Day 129-
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts