What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tom hill's Pine Tar Kush

Roms

Veteran
The XVIII is simply better "pure indica" i think but i wouldn't say it is better in general, it depends on so many factors and personals feelings bro!

By better pure Indica (Kafiristanica) i mean dwarfism with quasi no stetch, thick pistils and wide ribbed trunk, poor yied etc... Terpenes are also another side of distinction with the PTK...

XVIII specifics :
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

:smoke:

highsteppa

Veteran
I have a volunteer ptk x growing out of my compost in the shade. I think its the sfv cross by smell. Structurally ptk all the way, smell is 25% og, 75% ptk. Smells bomb.

Xxx , how was the smoke ??

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
they were dank. mustve been heavy on the ptk side because it wasnt an og in any way. it was frosty like og crosses get. super nice strong piney hazey aromas.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I grew PTK when it was released. Never found any keepers. Same for X18 and DC. This is when the DC was sealing for 300$ a pack. The ones that were OK grew like a cabbage heads with massive fan leaves covering the flowers.

Last edited:

HL45

Veteran
I have a PtK clone I got from a guy with good genetics, so far everything I have grown from him has been worthy in some regards . I'll keep ya posted with pics

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
I have a PtK clone I got from a guy with good genetics, so far everything I have grown from him has been worthy in some regards . I'll keep ya posted with pics

U in oregon????? I know of a killer ptk in that area.... if u got "that" cut u will be more then happy with her... she is phenomenal smoke,,.

I grew PTK when it was released. Never found anything worth keeping. Same for X18 and DC. This is when the DC was sealing for 300$ a pack. I got lots of Intersex issues. The ones that where OK grew like a cabbage head with the massive fan leaves covering the flowers.

Thank you for the candid opinion PF. I am interested in those lines but people forget how poor the calyx:leaf ratio is for many old broadleaf varieties.

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Ya ptk is kinda chasing the dragon for me... ive seen some amazing plants from there but they werent found in a pack or 2 the one i know of best was found in sumthin like 300 seeds.... most plants were not good.. bug the possibility of the right male in my mind is endless.... but most likely a loosing fight.... a dollar n a dream..

R

Rubber Chicken

Why are these strains considered great breeding material when the keepers are only rare?

pastor

Rubber Chicken said:
Why are these strains considered great breeding material

Because it's not an hybrid, it's a kind of heirloom variety, a population. You can easily reproduce it by open pollination. Some traits are fixed so we can say that this variety is stable for these traits.
It's A+ for breeding, sustainable and perenial farming.

PS: you can do a search with "heirloom plant" to have more information.

highsteppa

Veteran
^^true, its merit is not about finding a keeper in a 10 pack, nor is it a production plant. It's not a modern hybrid and it shouldn't be measured by one. It has some very desirable fixed traits, such as:

very compact growth, tight internodes
very dense buds
good trichome coverage
unique smell and flavor
nice high, kind effect
rugged

I had a plant worth keeping in 8, maybe there are better in the line but thats not too shabby. Its leafy, but the buds trim up fine and are like rocks. Plus the smoke brings something different to the table :tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts