What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

hi temps, low humidity during veg

left hemi

I have new fans coming this week hopefully to pull the temps down (they are running over 90F) and I'm going to pick up a humidifier tmw to see if I can move the humidity over 20% what effects will these conditions have during veg in soil. would going 18/6 rather than 24/0 help?

Re: hi temps, low humidity during veg

left hemi said:

would going 18/6 rather than 24/0 help?

Sure it would, at least for 6 hours, if not more. If you pick your warmest 6 hours for lights off you will help yourself out some. As I'm sure you know, your best bet is the proper air movement.

Last edited:
G

Re: hi temps, low humidity during veg

left hemi said:
I have new fans coming this week hopefully to pull the temps down (they are running over 90F) and I'm going to pick up a humidifier tmw to see if I can move the humidity over 20% what effects will these conditions have during veg in soil. would going 18/6 rather than 24/0 help?

go ahead and use the 18/6 as the peep said above, shut er down durin the warmest hrs. a continuoos 90F is not good.....your pot soil will heat to room temp, once the soil gets heated up your prone to root rot. are the edges of your leaf curlin/foldin? sure sign of heat stress, plant will live through it, just have to get the temps down.

any fan at all blowin across the plants and movin the air around will help some. do ya have a window or sumtin to open also?

pleasure
CBF

left hemi

yes a little curl

yes a little curl

I do have a reciprocating fan blowing the plants. it's a closet, no window. I'm going to try leaving the door open during the day.

Latest posts

Latest posts