What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

newbie ramblings, and Q's on cloning

G

I am planning a Nirvana Bubblicious grow. I've been reading alot here and over at OG, but still have some questions... here is my plan: I'm gonna germ 6 seeds, save 1 mother, flower the other females. And then perpetually take clones from the mother, like 1 or 2 cuttings every 2-4 weeks.
I have been reading up on the SOG method and find it interesting. I would like to adopt the SOG idea on a smaller scale. I guess i would just like to get a rather small yield, but still have a mother so i have a small scale perpetual harvest. You see i am only growing for personal use and I use less than an oz a year, i am trying to stay away from the shady business of buying unkown product from others. I read that this strain likes to get about 3-4' in height...
My questions is this... does anyone have a guess on what height and yield i might expect if i were to use pot sizes similar to the SOG method (4-6"). My lighting setup would be a 100watt HPS, and 2 42watt CFLs...

Splatula

Really it depends on the strain, what nutes you will use and how much actual light you're going to be putting out.

Ballpark I'd say you'd be lucky to get a 1/2 Oz off one plant under those conditions, but really no one can truly tell you. You'll just have to figure it out through trial and error. 100watts isn't much, you'd be better off with a 400 or 600watter(I know, easy to say when you've got the cash, right).

G

thanks for the reply... that sounds good, i was able to find out that i should be expecting about 12-24" and definitely no more than on oz. but half oz. is more than fine, heck i would find it alright as long as i get a quarter... like i said it's only ofr personal use. Well thanks.... guess i'm just gaonna have to give it a try

G

The Dog said:
An ounce a year. OMG I think I'm gonna fall over. ROFL

yeah... that's what most say. i gotta love being a lightweight though... less dents o nthe bank account.. plus i just save it for the weekend, that way my tolerance doesn't really build up and a few good bong hits do me well...