What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

temps for drying

inept

What are the optimum temps/humidity to dry in ?

About how long would it take to completely dry with the temps that you provide.

My temps are relatively low, 60 degrees F with 20% humidity. I have a feeling that it is too low, but I don't know how to make it more warm.

6x70

small space heater and small fan, and make sure the fan IS NOT blowing directly on material, bring temps up to around 75-80 for a couple days but keep checking every 6-8 hours just to be sure you don't over-dry them, and since the temps are so low right now you might want to keep an eye out for mold.....j/my $ 0.02
6x70

inept

thanks man. i just checked my box.

I realized why my temps were so messed up. I didn't allow enough time for the thermometer to adjust to the temps.

I just rechecked it, the temps are in around 67-72 with humidity @ 50%.

Is this okay?

The fans are not blowing directly on anything. The fans blow under and them.

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah, that's ok.
We dry right in the garden to provide heat and humidity. Of course it's in a dark place too. We just leave the buds on the plant and let it hang out for a week or so. 75F is pretty good.

G

guest123

i like that method too cc , i also leave the large stems , whole plant if i can on the stalks and dry in a fairly warm room , i like it to dry reasonable quickly initially , the stalks keep pumping moisture back in to the buds as they all dry , i try to handle them as little as possible and remove the stalks and leave a further few days to complete the week ... the slow drys will make the product dark green and it will loose a lot of the fresh flavour as i have found ...

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That's interesting wally. I'll have to try a quicker dry in a warmer room. We've been trying to fine-tune the buds for taste recently, and I have a plant to chop in a few days, will give it a whirl.

What is it about the quicker dry that makes the taste better? Any theories?