What's new

To SCROG or not to SCROG

So here's the deal I just got what I could back together for my next grow, 18 month's since my last grow as a few things had to be delt with before I could grow again. I got some seeds from SD and have 9- shaman's(fem) about 1 wk. some afghans, just poping the soil, 8-c99xNYCDand 15 doublegum seeds left. Is it good to go with a scrog from seed ? Will the shaman's do anygood in a scrog? I need meds as soon as as I can for green bud has been long awaited. Pic of grow room is included ( if I can do it right), here's what I have already set up:
1-1000wHPS
6-4' flow/w 2 plany aquarium bulbls in each fixture
1-6' light mover
exhaust vents
40gal res tank/w areators
all organiccmixws and ferts( all the way organics)
growbags-1 gal and 5gal
Some will say get more lights and do away with mover, but I have to make the best out of what I have for now(took a while just to get this stuff together. All walls are mylar with ceiling and floor flat white. The veg /clone seedling room has two shelfes( top with two flow fixture and bottom with 4 flo fixtures. Should I grow these out and just wait until round 2 for scrogging? I am eventually gowing scrog all the way but have / about doing it wit seed plants some inout , ideas would be great. Thanks for any help. Later
http://www.icmag.com/gallery/data/2/464diagram.jpg

The Dog

Hi, hows it going? Looks like you have everything you need. As far as scrog. I scrog , but I have a little 250 HPS. You can scrog from seed but you may end up with males that have to be culled. So all the wasted efforts training them and then have it turn out male. Better to go from a clone. Don't know about the Shamen , but I'm pretty sure it should work fine. I have moved to individual scrog screens for each pot now and I like it better.

BaKeMan

I think the Shamans will be ok for scrog. I aggre w/ The Dog, culling the males would be a major pain in a scrog.
IMHO,
I hope you realize how much work a scrog that size will be. I would just use some good old LST ( tying ) It has been my experience the yield will be close to, if not little better than a scrog. ( I tried a WR and a M39 ) both ways and I will continue a great bondage technique. I greatly prefer the ease of tying over scrog. Scrog is great, but I am lazy. Veg longer = better yeilds & fatter buds. I prefer a good 2-3 month old tied-up bush that yeilds 7-9 oz. of great buds with ease ! If your in a hurry a SOG in the 1 gal bags should be considered. Watch for Males closely !! Take clones and get ready to scrog big time...
I hope all goes well !

-Bake

Great Grows to you !

BaKeMan

Finished, between 17-21 in. of plant height, very well tied down w/ nice fat multiple cola's. Vegged for at least 2.5 months to allow a root mass that will produce those Oz'ers. is my experience

Latest posts

Latest posts