What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Temps and Humidity

lespaulcustom

I just got a new digital temp and humidity toy to hang on the wall in my grow room. I know what the temps should be but would like to hear what a good humitidy range would be for the plants? And if it gets too low can i just put a bowl of water in there with them and the heat of the light (400watt) might make it rise if needed. It is reading 38 percent humidity right now. Good, Bad? Thanks

GrapePUNCH

i also have a humidity guage

i also have a humidity guage

I get as high as 55% humidity but by then im putting fans on to lower it back to 38 is here I like it. I never get too low because my jungle is well...A JUNGLE...:D

My plants are vegging, and utill flowering i turn the vent fan off when the lights go off, sometimes my humidity gets as high as 70%. it dosnt seem to affect them.

Aquaman2112

humidity

humidity

Veg go through the roof Flower as low as I can get it!!!!!! So depends on where you are in your grow!

GrapePUNCH

i dont even measure the humidity in my grow. I worry about my flowering humidity for the ones almost finished. wouldnt want them to be too humid too long....JUNGLE ROT:D

Aquaman2112

Grape I would just love to take a stroll through you and your Dads Garden I wake up at night still smelling the lifesavers blooming then I relize my damn dog is in the carpetfresh again!!!!

Aquaman2112

lespaulcustom

Thanks for all the replys and help. Its staying around 35 to 40 so i guess its okay. If anything it would get low where i have them. I keep a fan on them and the temps are staying right at 74 degrees during the day and at night i haven't checked cause i dont want to open my door. Maybe i need to get a green light so i can check it when the lights are off. They are almost 2 weeks into 12/12 with a 400 watt hps. Thanks again.....

lespaulcustom

I've read that green is the only color a mj plant can't see. I've read that from the og forums. You can use like a small flashlight with a green lens or cover and it will not harm the plant while in 12/12 if you have to go into the room for some reason. I've not tried it though but now you got me wondering cause i want to check the temp and humidity during the lights off period. Which the light comes on at six am and goes off at six pm.

Anyone got a thought on this?

Last edited:

Aquaman2112

Heck I used a flashligh with the reg lens you know where your thometer is hell three seconds of light never hurt any of my crops and I have also read that green lights are cool during flowering!

Hippo

38% isnt ideal, i would imagine it will go up if your plants are very small now, but if it doesn't they'll be just fine anyway.
I find that humidity is best around 70% in veg and gradually reduce it towards the end of the flower cycle, this is something i was told about years ago and also from my own experiance. By the 2nd week of 12/12 i'll have it down to 50% and by the end of week 5 i'll have it down to 30%. At this ive found i dont get budrot as long as everything else is ok.
I have gone with alot higher humidity in the past and found things ok but ive used silicon, however in the same room with the simalar conditions, no silicone and 70% humidity in flower at the end, i got budrot. Pretty good stuff silicon, if u are in less than ideal conditions this stuff can tip the odds in your favor in regards to fighting off pests and mold ect, gotta use it all though flower though, not really for organic growers.
Sometimes though ppl find it quite hard to control the humidity exactly as the plants transpire more the bigger they get making the grow area more humid which can be a problem towards the end of the flower period if u cant control it.
Goodluck with ya grow
Hippo

oh yeah, if i need to go in a room during the dark, ill use a torch but i dont shine it directly on a plant if i can help it. I havent had any problems from doing this, i will be in there for a couple of mins tops if i do and if the jobs gonna take longer it will have to wait till the lights come on. :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts