What's new

Another NGB.....with cool tube

zoidb3rg

You're right.....the fan doesn't make any audible noise outside of the cab.....the problem is the "whoosh" noise of the air exiting.

I'd like to avoid using a muffler as I would prefer to have everything housed inside the cab. I've heard of some people pushing their exhaust into their carbon scrubber and claiming it doubles as muffler. While others I've read claim the scrubber won't work as well when pushed into instead of having air pulled thru it.

If I did decide to use a muffler I need someway to make a big thing sticking out of my box discrete while still allowing air to escape. Any suggestions?? I have a 4 in hole I'm exhausting thru right now and its located on the upper backside of my cab. I was thinking of using a box of some sort but I can't think of a way to make it have good airflow while still being stealth.

THanks for any input

Couldn't you make a bigger hole?

Prof Sublime

Hard working pothead
Veteran
Nice setup bro.. Ironicly last night I was looking at a studio to move into and wanted a super secret grow spot just like yours with a 150 an everything.. Imma be coming thru this thread more to get my learn on... Imma go back and read some..

PS I seen your harvest on the OGA thread and knew I had to check out your 150.. You did a great job keep up the good work now lemme go run these 5 pages.. :rasta:

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Thanks Prof Sublime. There's some stuff I wasn't too clear on. If ya have any questions or tips, please let me know.

I think the zombie virus will be good smoke. I have a different pheno of it still finishing. Thanks for dropping by.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Hey grouchy. I just chopped a Zombie Virus yesterday. I posted some pics in the OGA tester thread. A link is in my signature. Thanks for stopping by.

B

BioMechanical

Hey bro,

Love the cab, and would like one of my own. Hope you don't mind me asking a question here. I drew up this design and I wanted to know what you think of it. I made the flowering chamber a bit bigger, would this problem with that cabinet? Does it half to be split in half evenly? And I used darkroom louvers for the intakes to the veg and flowering chamber. What do you think about that?

Thanks for any advice you can give me :woohoo:

picture.php

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Hey man, the drawing looks good. The only thing, I hear those dark room louvers block as much as half the air flow. If you're planning T5 or PL-L in veg, you might want to consider separate intakes for both chambers. Otherwise, HID lighting in veg might make the flower intake too warm. Floor slides would work for a light trap if you put intakes in the floor.

The sketch looks great and I'm sure it'll work the way you have it set up. You might need at least 150cfm for the exhaust fan.

B

BioMechanical

Thanks man, yeah I was looking at T5's for Veg since they are so low profile, but I also thought about CFL maybe.

With your cab the way you have the cabinet pretty evenly divided are you able to work in the veg cab while it's lights out in the flowering cab? Do your doors line up with the center wall?

That's the only concern I had about making the flowering chamber bigger as I don't think I will be able to get in the veg cab during lights out, but I'm not sure that's a big deal I don't know.

Thanks again :joint:

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
CFLs are good but get in the way. I like your T5 idea. Yes, the doors line up with the divider. You could make your doors the width of their respective chambers. That way you could mess around in veg when lights are out in flower.

big twinn

Veteran
ok so i need help...im planning on a VERY similar setup as yours....what lighting should i use for the flowering chamber...my thread created http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=151433 gives most of the specs. and dimensions. i need to know how many lumens i need, what light type, what wattage and how many i need. both for flowering and the veg. chambers....thanks!

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Yep, those new panels look serious and the tests look impressive. I'm not sure if I have the headroom to allow the correct distance/footprint. But I have these bad mofos in a pc case.:dance013:

picture.php

I really got ripped on those, lol. (I cried back then.) $120 for 4 bulbs that wouldn't grow leafy greens. They're actually good for something though, keeping back-burner varieties in a state of limbo, more like a coma :biglaugh:

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I really like the results they are getting with LEDGirls lamps,i was supposed to get one to do a side by side test with but got put in the wrong category by mistake so i bowed out,but LEDGirl herself has been really superto deal with on a personal level so i think i'm going to switch over to leds entirely in a bit.

C

cs70

VERY NICE !!!!!!!§

VERY NICE !!!!!!!§

awesome grow box ,i was inspired by this thread and i start my first stealth grow in washing machine,bake a round is awesome
good luck

C

cs70

hey guys
yeah well i am in new country and i bring almost all my stuff with me and in few days my closet is ready ,i didnt go for washing machine cause too much trouble transforming it and i want sativa so i needed more vertical space,i will post new thread soon as all stuff is ready,
best regards

Latest posts

Latest posts