What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Air cooled lights: the right way

M

moses224

i just bought vortex, I purchased a speedster by control wizard but still need three more to eliminate noise any recommendations?

DSDFreak

So heres my setup(below).. I have a Super Sun 2 Reflector for a 600w Super HPS Hortilux bulb. Right now I am kind of forced to leave the door cracked with the venting running exhaust out to the opposite corner of the room. In the setup I attempt to pull air through the open end of the light, up through the 6" Inline in the top right corner, and down and out of the room.
I am pretty sure I need to get a new door that I can cut up and do some reworking. I was thinking of getting a vent to put on the bottom of the new door and cutting a hole to run the exhaust ducting through, near the top of the door. Any extra thoughts??
picture.php

Iffy

Nil Illegitimus Carburundum
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just my 10 cents worth,
I've found most air cooled light fittings need taping up at all the seams and joints. I use clear sellotape around the edges of the glass too. And as for 90 degree bends, its always better to fit a plastic elbow instead of bending flexible hose. Its smoother and allows for better flow.
Stay safe

Iffy

Nil Illegitimus Carburundum
ICMag Donor
Veteran
For some reason my 6inch 400~cfm fan is having probs cooling my 600w hps. Pulling cold 40-60F intake from window and exausting through central air register. Using insulated 6" ducting.

Useing about 35-40 or so feet of ducting total. about 4 90 bends in the ducting but they're well rounded and supported.

I'm thinking maybe i need to attach an Inline fan somewhere to boost the airflow into the 8" central cooling ducting?

I would really appreciate some input! Any advise is welcomed!

Wow, one 6" fan to pull through 40 feet of ducting!
I have three 600W lights in line and I currently have two 6" fans in the system - in about 12 feet of ducting and I'm struggling!
My 6" fans are high volume SVK L1 and I have one pulling fresh air from a lungroom and pushing it into the lights, the other is the other side of the three light fittings, pulling the hot air through and exhausting out via a chimney. The whole run is about 12 - 14 feet long and I am considering fitting another 6" SVK in front of the chimney hole to help move the air.
So I reckon you're gonna struggle to control the temps with that set up mate.
Good luck & happy growing.

Latest posts

Latest posts