What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Grow room Electrics - 15A question

So I've got a small room that I want to run 600 Watt & Gavita 750E

The ring for the sockets is 15 Amps,

Gavita 750E at 110% of it's power is 4A, and a 600Watt light is 3A on a 240V

I want to put a small mini consumer unit in the room.

NOW this is the question I don't really want to touch the consumer unit in the house, Can I use a 15AMP Plug & Cable and then plug that into the a 15AMP round plugs socket and run the cable to the box I put in? Can this work what is your ideas?

TLPT15.JPG

This is the Plug I was looking at, With the same amp wire or slightly bigger.

Here is the Plug socket I wire to the 15AMP cable at the socket

MKK0772.JPG

This is the Box I would use with a 16A RCBO

TLBSM16SLASH6.JPG

BGCRB06.JPG

Then I will wire the cable into the RCBO above direct from the wall socket.

Then I will have 10A MCB for the lights wired into plugs with a timer etc.
MK5910.JPG

Then for the fans I will have 3A MCB for the fans to run 24/7.

Max load of all this is 12AMP's, So it will be safe to run on a 15A,

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Everything is 240v? You only mention the 600w.

What country is this electrical grid in? Loads and wire sizes are different in various countries, so safety depends on knowing what standards you're working with.

Everything is 240v? You only mention the 600w.

What country is this electrical grid in? Loads and wire sizes are different in various countries, so safety depends on knowing what standards you're working with.

UK, Everything is 240V, Just found out at the room is on a 30A ring that is used for every plug socket in the house, So fridge frezzer, Dishwash, tumble dryer, washing machine is all on the same ring when they are getting used, oven has it's separate ring of 30a.

Need to work out how many amp, is all this on the ring before I add any other lights to make sure it's not going to load it to much and find out what wire is coming into the room.

I think it's going to be 15A wire no 30A we will see.