What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Granola Funk

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Granola Funk :pimp3:

Genetics: Girl Scout Cookies (mother plant) x Wookie 15 (father plant). (Wookie 15 is Lavender x Appalachia by Bodhi Seeds.)

Grower: Unknown. I got it from a pot shop north of Denver. It’s one of the few dispensaries I will buy from. They have good quality and fair prices. It’s family owned. I got 5 grams of this for 40 dollars.

Smell: 9/10. When I crack open the jar I get a little bit of that doughy cookies smell. This is complemented by the aroma of grapes and, not just the sweet grape smell, but also the earthy smell of grapes still on the vine. I also get a little pine coming through on the end. It’s complex, and very pleasant. It leaves a sweet skunky grape smell in th3 air after a few big hits.

Taste: 9.5/10. The taste is very much like the smell. The sweetness really comes through. It was well cured so I got no chlorophyll tase at all.

Smoothness: 10/10. I took my first hit out of a small clean glass pipe. It hits very smooth. I inhaled deep and did not cough at all.

Potency/high 9.5/10. This stuff is potent and really heady, and accompanied by a nice body buzz with no couch lock. Two hits was plenty for me. It made me want to read but I had trouble concentrating. Lol.

(Note my tolerance is not high anymore. I don’t dab at all anymore, and I just started smoking again after taking 6 months off to lower my tolerance. It had gotten so high that I’d have to take 3 big dabs to get a buzz. Now I only smoke a little at night, and my tolerance is like it was when I first started. It’s great.)

Look: 10/10. The buds are caked in frost. They are also more purple than the pictures portray. It was hard to capture in the lighting. They have a nice density to them, but they were not over fed with tons of phosphorus or bud hardener so they weren’t rocks. They were hand trimmed nicely, and were never compressed.

picture.php
[/url]

Last edited:

too-dope

Granola Funk :pimp3:

Genetics: Girl Scout Cookies (mother plant) x Wookie 15 (father plant). (Wookie 15 is Lavender x Appalachia by Bodhi Seeds.)

Grower: Unknown. I got it from a pot shop north of Denver. It’s one of the few dispensaries I will buy from. They have good quality and fair prices. It’s family owned. I got 5 grams of this for 40 dollars.

Smell: 9/10. When I crack open the jar I get a little bit of that doughy cookies smell. This is complemented by the aroma of grapes and, not just the sweet grape smell, but also the earthy smell of grapes still on the vine. I also get a little pine coming through on the end. It’s complex, and very pleasant. It leaves a sweet skunky grape smell in th3 air after a few big hits.

Taste: 9.5/10. The taste is very much like the smell. The sweetness really comes through. It was well cured so I got no chlorophyll tase at all.

Smoothness: 10/10. I took my first hit out of a small clean glass pipe. It hits very smooth. I inhaled deep and did not cough at all.

Potency/high 9.5/10. This stuff is potent and really heady, and accompanied by a nice body buzz with no couch lock. Two hits was plenty for me. It made me want to read but I had trouble concentrating. Lol.

(Note my tolerance is not high anymore. I don’t dab at all anymore, and I just started smoking again after taking 6 months off to lower my tolerance. It had gotten so high that I’d have to take 3 big dabs to get a buzz. Now I only smoke a little at night, and my tolerance is like it was when I first started. It’s great.)

Look: 10/10. The buds are caked in frost. They are also more purple than the pictures portray. It was hard to capture in the lighting. They have a nice density to them, but they were not over fed with tons of phosphorus or bud hardener so they weren’t rocks. They were hand trimmed nicely, and were never compressed.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=79546&pictureid=1926085View Image View Image[/url]

Thanks for the great report. I'm popping a pack of GF my next seed round.

packerfan79

Veteran
I ran a couple last round. Definitely should have kept a cut of one. I had 2 phenos one totally purple, but it had a bitter taste kinda like tangie, but with a doughyness, it looked similar to the picture posted. The second was less purple, bigger yield, better flavor, less bitter more grape. Both phenos were very potent. They sold out before the headbangers and the cobra lips.

dimodz

Elite StrainCloneHunter
Veteran
@hash Zepplin

Thanks for your smoke report .,!

i got before Xmas many different strains to try from oversea and one of them was GF, i like it and like to grow it but is not so esay here in europe to get it.

good job & nice that you share it ...

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Grew half a pack and ended with 4 fems, to be honest, i liked More Cowbell (GSCx88g13) more than Granola Funk.

I had a pheno that smelled like dog shit and lavenders, another more on the grapefruit side, the others a mix of cookies and funk... I made a bunch of f2's almost done running them, some are drying actually... should be interesting, the f2s lean hard on the cookies...

hope u dont mind me sharing a few shots of the f2's, they look real pretty...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Peace! :rasta:

Blazeee

Veteran
I also ran the Granola Funk when she was released. She was a lovely line to explore, out of 13 seeds i ended up with 10 females. Very interesting smells to be found. Hands down some of the frostiest plants i have grown. Unfortunatly none of them turned purple for me. However I did make some F2's and some crosses with her.

Heres some pics of the plant i decided to keep

Granola funk #11

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice plants man! Thanks for sharing!

Grew half a pack and ended with 4 fems, to be honest, i liked More Cowbell (GSCx88g13) more than Granola Funk.

I had a pheno that smelled like dog shit and lavenders, another more on the grapefruit side, the others a mix of cookies and funk... I made a bunch of f2's almost done running them, some are drying actually... should be interesting, the f2s lean hard on the cookies...

hope u dont mind me sharing a few shots of the f2's, they look real pretty...

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

Peace! :rasta:

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Awesome! Thanks for sharing!

I also ran the Granola Funk when she was released. She was a lovely line to explore, out of 13 seeds i ended up with 10 females. Very interesting smells to be found. Hands down some of the frostiest plants i have grown. Unfortunatly none of them turned purple for me. However I did make some F2's and some crosses with her.

Granola funk #11

View Image View Image View Image View Image View Image

Miasa Mura

Hey Hash Zeppelin!

A friend of mine grew out a pack of the Granola Funk and the flowers had a really good amount of Cannabichromene, CBC (5%) on average! Hoping some folks who still have this genetic can utilize this potential. From what I recall, a lot of GSC forum cut seem to have elevated CBC in their offspring.

From my experience, varieties with elevated CBC tend to have a dreamy, spacey, almost confusing effect. These effects are not what I typically like in cannabis, but great for an unwinding after a stressful day.

The Granola Funk seemed to have the look, smell flavor and effects of the GSC but with a better flower structure and yield. If I was a “cookie” cultivator, I would grow this non-stop.

Last edited:

nickman

Veteran
Great smoke report...

I wish I could take a break from smoking just to do what you did... sometimes I feel like I need to smoke a lot before I get that feeling I’m looking for...!!!...

The only time I stop smoking like that is when my jars go empty... I don’t really like buying shit off the streets...

AWSOME pics too guys

25micron

Granola funk #11

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Wow excellent save crosses... must be dank