What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Who Are The Coconut Crew? #TCUK

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This thread is the new base for the Coconut Crew,, the crew is a collection of like minded individuals who share the same interest and objectives,,

One of our objectives is to build library's of germplasm,, other objectives include supporting each other effectively,, if you want to join the crew,, simply participate here

To achieve some of the basic goals listed I have been designing a kit,, a kit to bring us together,, a culture kit

this is where we discuss a new type of culture,, a cooperative, comprehensive set of protocols and activities,, made to build something more than what was,,,

Soon I will be sending out some cell culture kits,,, i guess this is where we can discuss things in depth,,

Yalla,, Lez go

#TCUK
#CCUK

Last edited:

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The kits are contained inside a self sterilising incubation bag,,, the bag has a power pack and houses a uvc sterilising bulb on a timer,, designed to flash your kit after every use,,

The bags are basically storage units,,, the calus culture library part of the kit needs no light to grow so this is a near perfect solution for maintaining germplasm and investigation of somaclonal variation though indirect oganogenisis,,, the achievements embedded inside include understandings of multiple modules,, embryogenis, somatic fusion, electro therapy, indirect oganogenisis,, etc etc,,, il get into the details later

Last edited:

scrogrow

So would this be something I could adapt to some mycology?
Seems ideal for a cubensis project

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes,, the kit has sectional modules,, micology is one section or module as I'm calling them,, it's part of the homegrown michrorize and benifical bacteria module,, we can trade benificals and support each other on all our achievements,, i am even hoping to start grading too,,

Last edited:

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I am currently producing liquid culture of some beautiful ankor waat mysylm,,, fruiting has already started using the filtervented bags that will be included in the kit,, i love autoclavable vented bags with self sealing injection ports

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I am hopefully going to be doing a full talk at Britain's got dank,, so by then the kit will be fully explained and detailed for the release of the kit

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Module 1

Module 1

Surface Sterilising

This is what I call the surface nasties section,, we all accept clones and we all moan abot bugs,, pm etc,, so let's start by sterilising clones,,,

These are wgst I call sterile pods

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The prosses incorporates,,the following apparatus

Distilled water
H2o2 (liquid oxegen)
Uvc
Ozone
Amonia soloution
70% alcohol
Sterile pint cups
Parafilm
mason jars with seed germination lids
Autoclavable bags

An some other stuff,,

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The uvc is provided via the bag,, and the amonia soloution is a proprietory formula,, all the other bits are part of the kit but can easily be replenished via replacement kit bundles or substitutes can be used too,,

This is an evolving protocol so as time goes by it will be refined more and more

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

This is a mini uvc and ozone generator,, we use this for sterilising the clean zone bags which most of the clean work is done inside

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
We can isolate ourselves from contamination via sterile bags,, autoclavable,, vented,, we then store all our sterile work inside these bags

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This would be amazing! I've recently ditched a plant due to mites so this would have been ideal

All inbound clones should be sterilesed,, it's silly we don't do it already,,, we would litrally never moan about bugs again,, and it's so so simple,,,

It's a 30 min wash,,, we start by spraying the plant with the amonia soloution days before,, we defolar the area intended for dissection,, we then remove the tissue and prep explants (pieces of tissue) ready for the next step,,,

We all following this,,,?