What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sour Orange Diesel Fem Grow

starke

I finally figured it out!! GUAVA! That "tangie sour funk" you describe smells exactly like the guava tree my grandmother had in her yard in Miami. She made guava jelly every year. To me as a kid they always smelled like rotten oranges. Aroma solved.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Looking great man, I was able to get about 6oz off a small SOD I ran outdoors. They definitely have that orangish taste.....I've kinda noticed a slight orange like flavor in a few Realgorillaseeds strains.

starke

Update Flower Day 56

Update Flower Day 56

Yesterday marks the end of nine weeks of flower and the ladies are just about done. They have faded nicely and a check this morning of random buds revealed about 5% amber trichs. They received their last watering this morning. I will put them in the dark at lights out tonight and leave them in the dark until Monday morning, when they will get the chop.

Here is how they look as of this morning:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Will post again after harvest and rough trim.

Peace,
starke

Well done starke! They are looking very fat and happy! I bet that's going to be a hefty yield. Any plans on making concentrates with her?

starke

Well done starke! They are looking very fat and happy! I bet that's going to be a hefty yield. Any plans on making concentrates with her?

I make butter from all my trim and have tried QWISO on popcorn and sugar leaves but was never impressed with the result. Have not yet made the jump to BHO or pressed rosin but will be looking at those options depending on yield.

starke

The ladies got the chop this morning and have been rough trimmed. Had planned on harvesting yesterday but a couple of the grand-kids came to visit and that took priority. I have weed hanging in the flower room, laying on the SCROG screen and hanging in the bathroom. Be between five days to a week before they are dry enough to jar if they dry like most other strains. Rough eyeball now that I have fondled the buds is about four zips per plant. I will be back in a day or so with some thoughts on the grow.

TA DA:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Peace,
starke

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The ladies got the chop this morning and have been rough trimmed. Had planned on harvesting yesterday but a couple of the grand-kids came to visit and that took priority. I have weed hanging in the flower room, laying on the SCROG screen and hanging in the bathroom. Be between five days to a week before they are dry enough to jar if they dry like most other strains. Rough eyeball now that I have fondled the buds is about four zips per plant. I will be back in a day or so with some thoughts on the grow.

TA DA:

View Image

View Image

View Image

Peace,
starke

Great work starke nice haul :tiphat:

starke

Some Grow Observations

Some Grow Observations

I had intended to write an eloquent, well organized piece on my opionions of the plant and growing it...but I became impatient and quick dried a tester bud......and smoked it. :biggrin: So those interested will have to make do with some short, maybe a little scattered, bullets that I'll jot down as they flooooooooat through my mind:

If the pack of seeds I received was a representative sample of the seed stock, Sour Orange Diesel is a very homogeneous line. The 11 plants I vegged were all so close in structure, smell, and growth that choosing which 8 made it to flower was really just a matter of picking the 8 tallest plants to be the same height under the SCROG.

Repeating what I mentioned in one of the first few posts, this strain has vigorous seeds that produce vigorous seedlings. Seriously, if you can't successfully germinate and grow this strain, in any medium, you probably need to quit weed and try growing rocks.

These ladies all liked more N than I usually give in veg and flower. I have a Liberty Haze cut that is the same way. Not a problem, just something to be aware of.

Stem structure on these ladies is weird. Stems are thick and vigorous and easily supported the buds above the net. The problem for me is that they also seemed "brittle" for lack of a better word. This was only an issue during training and was easy to avoid once discovered. I have gotten very casual with the care I take in training. I grab a stem and roll it over the radius of one of my fingers (sort of like breaking a pencil between your fingers) then bend it sharply at a 90. This works wonderfully on my other sativa dom hybrids and is fast. Sour Orange Diesel will reward you with a cleanly broken stem. She definitely needs the gently crush the stem and carefully make the bend approach.

Will add more later when I can concentrate. I hit the tester bud again. :biggrin:

G

GatorGumbo

Bravo on the results. Thanks for sharing your impression of the grow, too.