What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Are there any "Growers' Clubs" in Colorado?

CowboyTed

Howdy neighbors! I'm just learning to grow, and having a ball watching the plants do their thing. Of course, I'm now dreaming about all the strains I can try in time, and reading about all things related to growing and harvesting and storing and cloning and . . .

I'd love to find some other growers in the area, see their lights and grow setups and learn something from them. I thought for sure there would be numerous growers' clubs in Colorado, but the only hits I'm getting with Google are for a club that appears to be defunct, based in Walsenburg.

Anybody know of a club, or want to join another local grower for a J? I'm on the Front Range.

DenverJim

there should be. they are regulated by local government. From what I have read the Springs has them. They are more like social clubs where you can go and smoke. Years ago I went to one in Englewood $10. The place was a rat hole. it was filled with speed freeks ( Englewood west of Broadway was know for it. Now they are tearing down the old houses and making duplexs that sell for 500k a side on a 5000ft lot.) or junkies. The girls looked like refugees from a concentration camp. They smoked homemade butane. The problem is that smoking is outlawed in all business unless grandfathered in. The grandfathered are cigar stores with other requirements I forgot.

X

xavier7995

Lol, i checked out that place...same impression. Felt like a crack house.

I never made it to check it out and am not sure if it is still open, but there is that international church of cannabis place that might be a good substitute. It would at least be a group of likeminded folks. I dont know much about it but looked cool, i could just never make their get togethers.

N

naturalbornkilr

So you want to find strangers that let you into their grow and teach you everything they know for no good reason? Sounds realistic...

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
There's also a forum with decades of pics and back-and-forth. We're delighted for other growers- join us here for awhile and you may find something worthwhile. I think a few cats make good connections here but it's not exactly MeetUp kinda social.

CowboyTed

So you want to find strangers that let you into their grow and teach you everything they know for no good reason? Sounds realistic...

Yes, whether you think it realistic or not, that's precisely what I'm trying to find: a group of growers with a sharing attitude. But I'm also looking for people who might like having access to genetics that their acquaintances have in their garden, advice for a beginner, that sort of comeradery around growing and learning.

Basically I'm hoping to find some locals who share the general attitude of helpfulness that is so prevalent on this forum. For the moment, I have only one friend nearby who is growing, and he's a relative beginner as well. Last night, I paid him a visit, and delivered him five clones from my garden, to start his next grow.
It seems clear you have all the valuable knowledge and you don't care to share it. And that's fine. I'm looking for a group of people with a less selfish outlook toward our hobby, for sure.

CowboyTed

There's also a forum with decades of pics and back-and-forth. We're delighted for other growers- join us here for awhile and you may find something worthwhile. I think a few cats make good connections here but it's not exactly MeetUp kinda social.

Are you talking about the IC forums, or did you have a more local forum in mind?

Latest posts

Latest posts