What's new

Royal Gold Tupur Rinse Before Use?

km277

New grower here. Just bought a bag of Royal Gold Tupur coco. Ran some R/O water through it and getting very high ppm levels of 1000ppm+. Does this stuff need to thoroughly rinsed before use?

MikeGreat

No, you don't have to rinse the coco.. Just make sure you always add Cal-Mag or light nutrients when you are flushing...

Miraculous Meds

My first watering i try to get 20 to 30% runoff. Never had a problem using it straight out of the bag. 1 to 1.2ec from the start thru harvest pretty much. Don't use straight water. It will change the cec. No need for Cal mag either if ur using a regular hydro base nutrient.

D

dribbled

I agree, no need for calmag if using base nutrients and tap water. At least not in my experience.

maimunji

With reading 1000 + ppm. I say rinse. I use canna and after first watering run off is same like input. If I use 400 ppm run off is same.

DJM

When I use it run off comes out at 1200 ppm when going in at 750 ppm. I put 1 gal of regular strength feed through each 1 gal of tupur , dtw and it brings it down to starting ppms, then I plant . I'd flush personally if you're planting small plants , 1000+ is strong for a small clone. If 7ts an established plant it may not be as much of an issue

Not needed IMO.. If their straight from the domes hit them with 4 to 500ppm under T5 lights for a week or so. Once you notice new growth raise the nute lvls 6 to 700ppm, and light intensity and away you go. :)

Cheers,

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Tupor needs less cal mag the straight coco be careful with ur doses.. I'd wait to see if it's asks for it before adding any... as far as rinse I would because you could be washing out wherever they put in it.. 1000 is high I assume but I never tested coco runoff. I use bcuzz right out the bag...

eric2028

Veteran
Don't need to rinse out of bag even for small plants. I have to use Calmag. They changed their mix recently and they recommend using it.

jump /injack

Veteran
Wash new coco?

Wash new coco?

Tupor needs less cal mag the straight coco be careful with ur doses.. I'd wait to see if it's asks for it before adding any... as far as rinse I would because you could be washing out wherever they put in it.. 1000 is high I assume but I never tested coco runoff. I use bcuzz right out the bag...

Just bought some Black Gold put out by SunGro made in Canada and it was hot, burned some fan leaves on four re-potted plants, I was watching them so they got flushed quickly and were ok. Probably a good idea to check the water run off on any new coco before you use it with plants. I'd used the same coco for so long I'd forgotten the problems when it was new.

deucetrey

Rinse the shit out of it. If you haven't run any nutes through it, and the ppm is 1000, what do you think the ppm is coming from? Salt in the coco.

I'm not interested in feeding my plants 1000ppm of anything that I'm not sure exactly what it is, besides salts.

HqFarms

You are going to get mixed answers on this. I personally don't flush and go straight from the bag. Maybe a charge of 250- 400ppm might help but I don't think it will really make a benefit

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
Flushing it with coco nutrients is not going to harm it, but it may help flush out excess salt and properly charge the cation exchange, thus ruling out any issues.

Personally, after poisoning my plants with UGrow shit coco I will always be super careful, I always used Canna Coco Preofessional, but, silver tongued growshop owner... I made a mistake... Currently running Atami Coco with some basic nutes precharged, very happy

D

dribbled

I've been using shitty, cheap Plant!t coco and having pretty decent results.
If I have, say, 4 gallons of coco (either brand new or re-used) in an air pot, I'll run 3 gallons of normal strength nutrient through it, then plant into it.
I don't use anything but GH micro and bloom. I never have any problems with coco.

Carnack

When I use it run off comes out at 1200 ppm when going in at 750 ppm. I put 1 gal of regular strength feed through each 1 gal of tupur , dtw and it brings it down to starting ppms, then I plant . I'd flush personally if you're planting small plants , 1000+ is strong for a small clone. If 7ts an established plant it may not be as much of an issue

Many days have passed since you bolted from the swamps....Im glad to see you are still the same good man as always DJM.

Love yo hook up sometime and catch up...can be found here or there still..

Cheers!

Carnack

Rollout

I always flush coco. I run 3/4 strength nutes through it until the ppm coming out is the same as what's going in. This prevents any possible deficiencies, toxicities, etc.