What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

noob in coco, add boost?

grnthmb2

hello again fellow growers,

I am just flushing my first coco run and things are looking incredible, only real problem, if you can call it that, is a small population of fungus gnats. I even did a side by side and the coco blew my soil plant out of the water. I am using GH 6/9 base nutes with Canna 13/14 added from week 2-4/5 depending on strain. I used a watering or two of epsom salt and cal mag with no visible difference in the plants and will discontinue this in the future unless visibley needed, and also tossed in occasional cannazym. Id like to switch from HG to Canna in the longterm possibly depending on the advice i recieve here. Im Utitlizing top feed drip system with resivoir that gets changed out every week/10 days. The yeild is looking good on all 4 strains, but not synthetically good.

So I am wondering if I can get better yeilds adding boost to my regimen. Cannaboost is hella expensive, but Id add it if it can get me closer to popcan sizebuds, and i have a bottle of technaflora boost i could test a bit with before i spend 100 on cannaboost. what is boost? can i safely use it with my watering system (stable)? Should i just use the HG version of boost with my current regimen? and which product would that be anyway? Thanks guys for the help so far.

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
I've heard good things about Boost but never tried it. I used GH 6/9 for a long time and also used Canna A&B for a year. It wasn't till I started using V+B Soft/RO that I got a big boost in yield. It sure beats 6/9 in every way.

MikeGreat

I use boost in Coco and is a product that I question all the time because of it's overwhelming cost and undetermined performance. If I was you I will focus on mastering the Environment and plant you are working with before you introduce products such as Boost... You will probably have an advantage by doing the aforementioned because by the time you use boost you will have a grate Idea if it improves or not your production.... I think many of us jump on expensive products all the time without even testing them to see if they truly improve the end result....

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
If your using 6/9 why use one of the most expensive boost in the market???? Boost ain't a bad product but not worth it imo... I'd use it only if I used the canna line and someone else was paying ...lol... If your 6-9in it go to Kool bloom sonic bloom or my favorite Moab ...

grnthmb2

I've heard good things about Boost but never tried it. I used GH 6/9 for a long time and also used Canna A&B for a year. It wasn't till I started using V+B Soft/RO that I got a big boost in yield. It sure beats 6/9 in every way.

Good to know, Ive heard good things about V+B on the Adam Dunn show as well. Maybe Ill give that a run instead. Are you using any of their additives (life, push, shine) or any other companies additives to get those increased yeilds?