What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

For flushing RO ph water or normal ph water?

Strudel

Hello everybody, iam on my last week and i want to flush

Iam in coco having an autoflower " magnum"

The plant has main leaves already jellow and purple, little leaves coming directly from the bud are still green

Should i use RO ph water or normal Ph water?
And which ph for flushing in coco? I will use between 6.0 ph ~6.2 ph

What do you think? Ro or normal water?
At this flushing stage can i give water every day? Or as usual every 2~3 days?

corky1968

Veteran
If you have a Reverse Osmosis machine on hand then use it if you want.

Otherwise, regular water pH balanced water will work fine and this is what I guess most people use anyways.

Levitationofme

Perhaps the instructions for the nutrients you are using spell out what is best.
I use RO and add a sucrose product and a liquid bone meal to a very low EC. As recommended by the chart I use for my nutrients.
I think pure RO might pull stuff out of your plants. But 1 week of flush is probably not an issue to use whatever water you like with reasonable PH. I have read many different
Theories about it in forums. Lots of people with lots of opinions, it all seems to work

corky1968

Veteran
pH between 6.2 and 6.6 works great in soil.

For coco I think it's a little lower. I'm not a coco grower so you'll have to search that out.

MickFoster

Correct pH for coco is around 5.8. I don't want to start a firestorm but if you feed coco daily with moderate nute strength - flushing is not necessary.

MikeGreat

If you are in Coco and Flush with Straight RO water you will create a nutrient unbalance in the coco and run into problems…. It is recommended to flush with very low levels of nutrients or a list low Levels of Calmag with the RO water…

T

TheHebrewHammer

Hello,

Why would you want to balance PH when flushing nutrients for the last week? At this point you should not care about PH because youre not trying to feed the plants, adding "flush additives" are just stupid to me. When the plants cant feed of the medium it starts to feed of itself, and taking nutes from his storage(fan leafs,etc). this is exactly what you want at this point, disposing nutrients out of the buds and plant itself. so during these final days of life(flushing) the plant gets everything he needs from itself, flushing with low EC is equivalent as to not doing it at all.

i usually flush with half ro and half tap.. because using just RO is a waste of water. also i add around 15% to daily watering dosage and do it for about 4 days, untill i see fan leafs are mostly wasted and sugar leafs starting to burn yellow on tops.. happy harvest!

btw i been growing some magnums too, beasts.
you can take a look right here.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=334810