What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anyone plant more than 1 plant per pot?

packerfan79

Veteran
I got more clones than I have pots, I was thinking about putting 2 per pot. Using 2 gallon smart pots. Thinking I could cut my veg time. Has anyone tried this . This is a monocrop.

D

Dr.Suess

Shouldn't be a problem with clones of the same strain as there will be no root competition

corky1968

Veteran
I just cloned a bunch of plants and placed the 2 clones I took from each plant into the same 4" pot.
They'll stay together until they root. Once they do root I'll get them each their own pot. There's no
real competition going on underground anyways with fresh cuttings.

Similar to planting in beds. You can plant them at an angle too if it helps with the canopy coverage. Pretty sweet to see beds set up like \ l / . 3 wide x long. Ya it works fine.

packerfan79

Veteran
Thanks, guys, I just wanted some reassurance. I am almost finished with my build and my fuck head of a carpenter / electrician / brother in law is taking his sweet time finishing up the stadium. To concerned about his dumb bitch of a girlfriend. Every time he comes to work she text him incessantly.

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
Lol. Tell me about it! You know the girl is fukd up when she starts to annoy your friends n shit....and she's really not even around em! :biglaugh:

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
I do this every season but I use seeds in a 10 gallon container. (regular seeds) I can run a few more plants and when looking for a breeding male. It helps me have a larger selection base to choose from. Sometimes you keep both plants. (female) Other times you may cull one or both. When doing feminized seeds I avoid transplanting if at all possible. Stress is yield and or longer harvest times. Peace

packerfan79

Veteran
I was going to cut him in on the crop, but now that ain't happening. I already gave his punk ass 10 grams of shatter, and a couple of grams of rosin. I think the wife would have a shit fit if I give him anything.

MikeGreat

I've done it but I did not like the result.. If you plan them together all the way to the end it seems they fight for root area and you end up with two undeveloped
plants

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
With autos, yes...2 per 5 gallon, sometimes 3 if small in stature.

Photoperiod, no....and usually use 5-7+ gallon container.

Everyone has their own method.

Example- for Tony Green's Gorilla Bubble, I wish I would have used 10 gallon, but had it in 5 gallon...became massive so cut the bottom out and plunked atop another 5 gallon container (soil) to finish.

Green Squall

I had four seedlings leftover and not a lot of room so I stuck them all in one pot just for the hell of it to see what happens. I think a 4 or 5 gal. They all turned out pretty good and are almost at week 9. I am dedicating them and the three others not in the picture for hash making. Oh, they are in soil, not coir but I thought I'd give you my two cents anyways.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php