What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DIY Cool Tube

Dr Pot

Check out my barrel of green grow. I used a pyrex bake around tube as a cool tube. It works great.

barrelofgreen.com

marx2k

Veteran
The one thing I didnt actually see on this tutorial... Where are peple hooking up their green ground wire that comes from the ballast -> socket to?

I see the white and black wires, but not the ground green wire!

marx2k

Veteran
Come on guys, this is kind of an important question. Does the green wire connect to the ducting? To the mogul base? To a poor hamster's asshole? Enquiring minds want to know!

bartender187

Bakin in da Sun
Veteran
^^
You can ground to any metal base. I ground mine on my reflector... but then again there isnt a big ass metal reflector when using a cool tube...

J

JackKerouac

You waited until the 3rd page to drop your website for free nutes, page hits, and BOG store Dr. Pot.

LAME!

Last edited:

reaperz

very nice and at 20 dollars is a bargian. why spend a hundred dollars on a cooltube when you can make your own that works nearly as well. internal reflector? maybe in the next design

x10fast

jazztime420 said:
14 inches long...or at least mine is...

and you need to use 4-inch couplings and all that with your system.

no chance of fitting 2 400's. i'd post a visual but don't keep pics of the grow on my pc these days...

is that 14" long x 4" round ?

i think i see some at ac moore craft store..

x10fast

new project possibly ?

new project possibly ?

anyone have suggest or idea about this one

Sun System Socket Assembly with 15 Feet lamp cord

:joint: to you

keep growing
x10fast

x10fast

:wave: again...

:1help: & Please :1help:

need an idea or something about this one

i want to aircool with stanley blower for my dresser ( 4x4x3 ) - dont want burn it down. Will that work?

thanks
x10fast

Last edited:

Sauce

I would highly suggest using just the socket attached to a cord, without that large white base. I actually 1st used my cool tube with the whole socket assembly like the one you posted a pic of, with the large white base left on. It will work, but it will severely impede airflow and that's why I strongly recommend not using that white base assembly part.

Either buy that thing and rewire it (pretty easy) or just buy the cord and then buy a socket (aka mogul) to wire to the cord.

Latest posts

Latest posts